Thursday, March 21, 2019

Woman blames car crash on Bigfoot sighting

Posted on Tuesday, 28 March, 2017 | Comment icon 31 comments

An alleged Bigfoot distracted the driver along a road in Ohio. Image Credit: (PD)
An unidentified motorist ended up hitting a deer in her car after being distracted by a 'hairy beast'.
The incident, which happened in Latah County, Ohio on Wednesday night, began when the woman, whose name has not been released, spotted an 8ft-tall creature chasing some deer along the road.

Glancing at her rear-view mirror in an effort to get a better look at the creature she became momentarily distracted and ended up colliding with one of the deer that had darted out in front.

Suffering from a minor neck injury, she continued driving and picked up her husband from work before heading to the local sheriff's office to report what had happened.

An investigation later revealed no evidence of an unknown creature at the scene of the incident.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (31)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #22 Posted by MWoo7 on 31 March, 2017, 1:27
Yeah that's probably it.  HOWEVER !  I once was listening to the news in the early morning hours and it was about a bunch of girls at some college and I MEAN IT STARTED OUT AS MANY, or MULTIPLE! and I was thinking well I hope they all got to the hospital as it was over some drug or drugged. You wouldn't believe how many times that story changed .... by 8 A.M. in the morning it was down to two girls, in a boys sorority, and it was about a date rape drug. Was talking to others that day or then next and if I recall it had changed again and when I mentioned oh who knows what they report today its ... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by MWoo7 on 31 March, 2017, 1:29
true true AND FUNNY ! tx
Comment icon #24 Posted by Merc14 on 31 March, 2017, 13:57
I believe there is so much competition to get the news out first today that the news directors leap before they know all the facts and end up looking foolish.
Comment icon #25 Posted by skliss on 31 March, 2017, 20:59
I tapped one that jumped in front of my car as I was slowing down, almost stopped, for a stop sign...it fell down, got up and ran away...what you said reminded me of the worst I ever saw. Got to a friends house right after her brother and his friend were brought home after a deer accident. I guess they came around a bend, deer was in the road, it panicked and jumped AT the car coming hooves first thru the windshield. These two were darn lucky hooves missed them both. We were in high school at the time....both of them were just sitting on the couch, in shock, wrapped in blankets and shaking....... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by Merc14 on 1 April, 2017, 1:31
The closest I ever came to hitting a deer was in Pennsylvania while visiting civil war battle sights on my way back from Buffalo to Virginia.  We (ex-wife and me) were on a back road heading to Chambersburg, PA.  A doe jumped out in front of us moving right to left while we were traveling at 60 MPH.  I veered to the right aiming for where she was knowing she would keep moving to left and it worked but just as I thought we were good a fawn popped out following Mom and I was aimed right at it so I cranked back to the left hoping to go between Mom and baby but Mom, being a wonderful guardian, tur... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by Farmer77 on 1 April, 2017, 1:36
Ive never hit a deer but I have hit a moose. I was only doing 40 or so on a two lane road when two moose jumped into the road, one right in front of me the other actually ran smack into the bed of my truck. The one in front of me unfortunately had his head and front shoulders come through my windshield. As the truck rolled to a stop that thing extricated itself and took off into the woods. I was p***ed damn thing destroyed my truck and gave me a dirty look as it walked away.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Frank Merton on 1 April, 2017, 1:36
I wonder if an automated (driver-less) car would recognize a Bigfoot or not.  I did read about one such car that came to a stop when it encountered a woman in a wheel chair going round and round and round in the middle of a highway.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Merc14 on 1 April, 2017, 2:08
HS!!! Moose and deer aren't in the same category!  Glad you survived mate.
Comment icon #30 Posted by MWoo7 on 1 April, 2017, 5:11
  I believe they should put THAT ! in the news hahahaha!   "Yes yes this is what we have today but tomorrow it will likely be completely opposite! or not even close or well ah hmm actually we were NOT EVEN THERE FOLKS!  Tune in tomorrow for the latest in the buzz around new wave fad couture designs. ON THE HOUR! in the hour! *tah-dum-dum-dum* "
Comment icon #31 Posted by Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man on 1 April, 2017, 7:02
S A V A G E

6419284

Flat Earthers are planning a trip to Antarctica
3-20-2019
Flat Earth enthusiasts maintain that they can prove that the Earth is flat by finding 'the edge of the world'.
'Curse of Oak Island's' Dan Blankenship dies
3-20-2019
The 95-year-old had been a major part of efforts to solve the mystery of Oak Island for over 50 years.
Carbon monoxide detectors could help find ET
3-20-2019
Scientists have identified a potential new way to detect the presence of extraterrestrial life on distant worlds.
Pilot spots mystery object using night vision
3-19-2019
An air ambulance pilot wearing night vision goggles recently spotted an unknown object west of Las Vegas.
Squaring a doughnut
Posted 3-12-2019 | 0 comments
Michael returns with another mind-bending problem - this time concerning squares.

Shells of cosmic time
Posted 3-3-2019 | 0 comments
A look at how observations of distant objects enable us to see back in time.

Thailand's snake village
Posted 2-26-2019 | 2 comments
Steve Backshall visits a village where the inhabitants live alongside dangerous snakes.

Why do blind people wear sunglasses ?
Posted 2-19-2019 | 2 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why blind people are often seen wearing sunglasses, even indoors.

How will humans evolve ?
Posted 2-12-2019 | 2 comments
What's next for our species - what will a human of the future be like ?

Winter solstice hooded figures