Sunday, July 25, 2021
  Bizarre

Insane skyscraper 'Sky Pool' has glass bottom

Posted on Wednesday, 12 April, 2017 | Comment icon 24 comments

Not recommended for anyone scared of heights. Image Credit: Market Square Tower
Houston's Market Square Tower has a rather unique swimming pool that only the brave dare venture in to.
In a video posted online last week, an intrepid swimmer can be seen stepping off the edge of the building's roof and on to what looks like thin air - a clever trick made possible by the fact that the swimming pool juts out from the top of the building 500 feet above street level.

It's a sensation likely to deter all but the bravest swimmers from attempting to jump in to the water.

The $18,715/month penthouse rental cost is likely to deter all but the richest too.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (24)

Tags: Market Square Tower, Pool

Comment icon #15 Posted by glorybebe on 12 April, 2017, 23:48
You are much braver than I will ever be
Comment icon #16 Posted by Claire. on 12 April, 2017, 23:52
Heights are not a problem. My only fear would be of the glass panels collapsing.
Comment icon #17 Posted by glorybebe on 12 April, 2017, 23:53
Lol all of it scares me.
Comment icon #18 Posted by tcgram on 13 April, 2017, 1:50
No amount of money could get me up there.  I'm terrified of heights.  I'll stay on the ground and go to the beach, thankyouverymuch.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Future ghost on 13 April, 2017, 1:52
I'll gladly take large sums of money to visit the pool, but I ain't getting in!
Comment icon #20 Posted by Future ghost on 13 April, 2017, 2:01
I just thought of something- when you visit this pool to go for a swim are you supposed to bring your own towel, raft, and a parachute just in case?
Comment icon #21 Posted by acute on 13 April, 2017, 11:01
There is no amount of money that would get me up there. I couldn't even watch the video!
Comment icon #22 Posted by quiXilver on 13 April, 2017, 15:09
I'd pay good money to swim in that pool.  But you'd have to pay me heavily to go to Texas. So I'm out I guess, by proxy.
Comment icon #23 Posted by switchopens on 13 April, 2017, 18:10
Not gonna lie, I'd swim in this naked.
Comment icon #24 Posted by BiffSplitkins on 14 April, 2017, 13:56
It's all fun and games until one of the swimsuit concealed Texan handguns goes off, shattering the glass.

191147

Deep-sea 'Eye of Sauron' volcano discovered
7-24-2021
Researchers have discovered an undersea volcano that looks like something out of 'The Lord of the Rings'.
Uri Geller claims that he saw aliens at NASA
7-24-2021
Celebrity spoon-bender Uri Geller claims that he saw 'refrigerated aliens' during his time working with NASA.
Mars InSight mission unveils surprising secrets
7-23-2021
The space probe, which landed in 2018, has revealed some surprising findings about the planet's interior.
Real-life 'revenant' rescued after bear attack
7-23-2021
A man has been rescued from the Alaskan wilderness after enduring repeated attacks by a grizzly bear.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball