Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Belgian city creates omelet from 10,000 eggs

Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 | Comment icon 7 comments

The massive omelet required thousands of eggs. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The Belgian city of Malmedy was filled with revelers on Tuesday as the gigantic dish was cooked up.
The enormous culinary creation, which used 10,000 eggs and a pan measuring four meters across, was created as part of an annual tradition that has been taking place for the last 22 years.

Hundreds of people descended on the town to grab a plate and sample the dish for themselves.

The omelet was cooked up by chefs associated with the bizarrely titled "World Fraternity of Knights of the Giant Omelet" which was founded back in 1973.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (7)

Tags: Omelette, Belgium

Comment icon #1 Posted by Klownzilla on 25 August, 2017, 23:29
This is most eggcellent!....sorry but I just had to.
Comment icon #2 Posted by SD455GTO on 26 August, 2017, 5:20
Seems like a story Bruce Nolan should be reporting on.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Captain Risky on 26 August, 2017, 5:53
you crack me up.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Xeder on 26 August, 2017, 13:07
This seems more like a scrambled eggs rather than an omlet for me.
Comment icon #5 Posted by acute on 28 August, 2017, 16:23
The hens must have been red raw!
Comment icon #6 Posted by The Silver Thong on 30 August, 2017, 19:17
I have never met a Belgian cowboy but where are the waffles ?
Comment icon #7 Posted by kobolds on 31 August, 2017, 1:59
cracking 10 000 eggs , that going to be hard work

Celtic warrior unearthed in major Iron Age find
12-10-2019
Archaeologists in England are hailing the discovery as one of the most significant finds of the millennium.
Baba Vanga's predictions for 2020 revealed
12-10-2019
Before she passed away, the blind seer made numerous predictions about what would happen in the future.
Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia