Wednesday, January 24, 2018

'Ghost' caught on security camera in Clovis

Posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 | Comment icon 71 comments

What did the family pick up on their CCTV ? Image Credit: YouTube / KRQE
Breanna Hernandez and her family captured the mysterious image on their home CCTV security system.
The anomalous visitor, which can be viewed at around the 55-second mark on the video below, appears to move from left to right across the frame before disappearing from sight.

"As soon as I saw it, my hair stood up... I've never seen anything like that before," said Breanna.

"My husband happened to look over right when the image popped up. You can see it 100 percent and you can see the movement of either arms or legs going with the body as it goes by."

Breanna maintains that the house has a history of unusual occurrences and that her husband had often expressed concern about the presence of ghosts when they first moved in.

Whether or not the video shows anything genuinely paranormal however remains a matter of debate.

Source: KRQE News 13 | Comments (71)

Tags: Ghost

Comment icon #62 Posted by _Only on 10 September, 2017, 6:50
What are you on about? I say "90% sure" all of the time, to others, and in my head, meaning I'm pretty sure, but I don't wanna say 100%.   That is all the person was saying. 90% sure they weren't trying to stun and distract you with their mystical mathematical powers that no believer in ghosts could dare to attain!   They're saying their opinion is that they are pretty damn sure it's a ghost.    Take that for what you will, but I don't see why you're trying to portray them as some pseudo-intellect for saying something fair and honest.   Man, this place never changes.   edit: Also, I'm really a... [More]
Comment icon #63 Posted by stereologist on 10 September, 2017, 11:44
People use numbers for different purposes. The manner in which you say 90% is not the same as other posters. The other poster attempts to pretend that the information has some quality that it does not.
Comment icon #64 Posted by TripGun on 20 October, 2017, 16:19
Potato cams always catch the best ghost and unexplained footage. Anybody know where I can get a 1.3 megapixel CCTV camera?
Comment icon #65 Posted by Timonthy on 22 October, 2017, 22:21
That is not the way the pap-meter works. The pap-meter is an opinion based complex algorithm which takes all pertinent information into account in order to produce a percentage value of paranormal possibility.  To brush it of as a simple ‘90% means pretty sure’ is a gross generalization and an insult to papageorge.
Comment icon #66 Posted by papageorge1 on 22 October, 2017, 22:38
Ya, but I get bored without them actually.  It's a best judgment estimate that considers everything I know about the subject and the case, not a mathematical algorithm. And it's spelled Papameter, btw.
Comment icon #67 Posted by Timonthy on 23 October, 2017, 0:26
I think I have and old webcam in a box in a garage somewhere if you want it? Guaranteed paranormal activity will inevitably follow.  Maybe I should set it up facing towards the city. I’ll surely catch lots of strange lights and bird UFOs.
Comment icon #68 Posted by Bruce Wade on 23 October, 2017, 13:33
I agree with some of the others. It's very subjective, but still discussion worthy.
Comment icon #69 Posted by RoofGardener on 23 October, 2017, 14:11
Hmm..... That doesn't look like somebody walking along the pavement, to my mind. It looks like something very small, floating past the camera quite closely. (so close that the camera can't focus on it properly). Insect of some sort ?
Comment icon #70 Posted by bluearmy78 on 25 October, 2017, 10:00
Fake, so obviously, not worth even debating.
Comment icon #71 Posted by RoofGardener on 25 October, 2017, 10:29
  That's debatable I don't see any reason to describe it as a "fake" ? (in the sense of a deliberate contrived fraud).

One more Dead Sea Scroll has been deciphered
1-23-2018
One of the last two untranslated Dead Sea Scrolls has finally been pieced together by archaeologists.
Did Queen Nefertiti ever rule ancient Egypt ?
1-23-2018
One Egyptologist has put forward the idea that Nefertiti was not quite as powerful as history suggests.
Chunk of North America is part of Australia
1-23-2018
Scientists have identified an area of Australia that broke away from North America 1.7 billion years ago.
Study shows cats can be right or left-pawed
1-22-2018
It's not only humans who favor one hand over the other - cats seem to share this preference as well.
Brian Cox talks to Buzz Aldrin
Posted 1-18-2018 | 1 comment
Professor Brian Cox discusses space travel with legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

Typing vs handwriting
Posted 1-16-2018 | 2 comments
Is typing on a computer better or worse for your memory then writing on paper ?

Can coding help avoid job automation ?
Posted 1-12-2018 | 0 comments
Taking up coding and technical skills to avoid automation may be counter-productive.

Dinosaur death match
Posted 1-8-2018 | 0 comments
A look at how various dinosaurs might have fared against the predators of their day.

Best records of 2017
Posted 1-4-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of the most bizarre and amazing world records of the last year.

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States