Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Man reports 'Bigfoot' sighting in England

Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2018 | Comment icon 24 comments

Is there a mysterious creature lurking in the forests of England ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
A train passenger traveling from Exeter to Bristol claimed to have seen a 'Bigfoot-like creature' in a nearby field.
The peculiar sighting was detailed in a report to the British Bigfoot Sightings group who collect and analyze reports of hairy ape-creatures from across the British Isles.

According to the witness, there were only around a dozen people on the train at the time.

"About ten miles from Bristol we were travelling through an area and in the fields to my right I saw something large in the middle of the field walking, it was walking kind of hunched over, and all I could tell you was it was a black figure," he wrote.

"At a guess I would've said it was 70 to 100 meters away from the train."

"I was watching the way the 'thing' was walking, almost towards the side of the field, it was edged right up to the hedgerow as if to walk alongside the hedge itself, almost like it was using the hedge for cover. To my eye whatever it was seemed to take massive strides."

A quick glance around the carriage revealed that nobody else had spotted the creature.

"I would imagine five to ten seconds was all I saw it for," he said.

"I'm 100 per cent sure what I saw was the English Bigfoot - and what makes me so confident is the way it walked, with slightly bent legs, long strides but a graceful fluid walking motion."

Source: Devon Live | Comments (24)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #15 Posted by Black Monk on 13 May, 2018, 11:37
How do you know that? Are you a naturalist or Bigfoot expert? Cannock Chase in Staffordshire is an area where Bigfoot has been spotted many times. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bigfoot-sighting-on-cannock-chase-234257 Sightings of wild men or "woodwose" go back to Anglo-Saxon times.
Comment icon #16 Posted by RoofGardener on 13 May, 2018, 18:05
Hmm.... so your evidence is two drunken teenagers ? And that was ONE sighting, not "many times". Sadly, I'm not entirely convinced by this ?
Comment icon #17 Posted by Ozymandias on 13 May, 2018, 22:22
So, Britfoot/Saxquatch exists! There must, therefore, be a viable population of them. Where?What size? Researches claimthat the minimum viable population for primates is in the thousands. For humans it about 5000. Where are all these Saxquatches? What do they eat? Where do they live? Why do we not find any evidence or traces of them? No evidence of feeding, no bodies, no poo, etc. There are no wildernesses in SW Englandlarge enough to conceal a viable thriving population of Saxquatches. Was the guy spotted from the train lost? On pilgrimage? On holiday? Or was he just visiting a mate in Br... [More]
Comment icon #18 Posted by Captain Risky on 13 May, 2018, 23:36
Sounds like big foot has a new hobby... trainspotting.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Jon the frog on 14 May, 2018, 17:18
In England ? One of the last place I could think to find a huge unknown mammals species...
Comment icon #20 Posted by Essan on 14 May, 2018, 17:50
But this was the Somerset Levels - and area of reclaimed marshland, beset by sunny weather and occasional showers. There are places that are more than half a mile from a public road, where no man has trod in days ...... Who knows what may live in such a remote place? Alongside the scarecrows.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Hammerclaw on 14 May, 2018, 18:18
Comment icon #22 Posted by Stiff on 14 May, 2018, 18:53
You've not ventured into some of the bars in my town centre. Remember the Cantina bar on Tatooine in Star Wars? It's like that.
Comment icon #23 Posted by oldrover on 14 May, 2018, 19:10
So many memories of that joke as a younger man out on the tiles.
Comment icon #24 Posted by oldrover on 14 May, 2018, 19:13
There's the Forest of Dean, my ex wife was from there I went to her brother's wedding there. I daren't close my eyes for a month after that trip.

'Bugpocalypse' sees major decline in insects
10-16-2018
A worrying new study has highlighted the catastrophic effects of global warming on insect populations.
Future of 1,000mph supersonic car in doubt
10-15-2018
An attempt to build the first car capable of exceeding 1,000mph has hit a major financial roadblock.
Robot gets field-tested at construction sites
10-15-2018
A recently released video shows Boston Dynamics' Spot robot climbing stairs and walking over platforms.
U-boat wreck is dubbed 'underwater Chernobyl'
10-15-2018
With its 60-ton cargo of mercury, the wreckage of U-864 is an environmental disaster waiting to happen.
How does fluid 'climb' up a rod ?
Posted 10-16-2018 | 1 comment
Physics Girl checks out a remarkable effect achievable with non-newtonian fluids.

Tense stand off with an elephant
Posted 10-10-2018 | 2 comments
A BBC film crew ends up face to face with a potentially hostile Indian elephant.

Free solo climbing in 360 degrees
Posted 10-5-2018 | 3 comments
Alex Honnold climbs up Yosemite's famous El Capitan with no equipment whatsoever.

An astronaut's guide to risk taking
Posted 10-1-2018 | 0 comments
Veteran NASA astronaut Chris Hadfield talks about his views on taking risks.

The man who climbed Everest 21 times
Posted 9-27-2018 | 0 comments
Apa Sherpa holds the world record for the most ascents of the world's tallest mountain.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas