Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

Man reports 'Bigfoot' sighting in England

May 12, 2018 | Comment icon 23 comments

Is there a mysterious creature lurking in the forests of England ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
A train passenger traveling from Exeter to Bristol claimed to have seen a 'Bigfoot-like creature' in a nearby field.
The peculiar sighting was detailed in a report to the British Bigfoot Sightings group who collect and analyze reports of hairy ape-creatures from across the British Isles.

According to the witness, there were only around a dozen people on the train at the time.

"About ten miles from Bristol we were travelling through an area and in the fields to my right I saw something large in the middle of the field walking, it was walking kind of hunched over, and all I could tell you was it was a black figure," he wrote.

"At a guess I would've said it was 70 to 100 meters away from the train."
"I was watching the way the 'thing' was walking, almost towards the side of the field, it was edged right up to the hedgerow as if to walk alongside the hedge itself, almost like it was using the hedge for cover. To my eye whatever it was seemed to take massive strides."

A quick glance around the carriage revealed that nobody else had spotted the creature.

"I would imagine five to ten seconds was all I saw it for," he said.

"I'm 100 per cent sure what I saw was the English Bigfoot - and what makes me so confident is the way it walked, with slightly bent legs, long strides but a graceful fluid walking motion."

Source: Devon Live | Comments (23)

Comment icon #14 Posted by Black Monk 4 years ago
How do you know that? Are you a naturalist or Bigfoot expert? Cannock Chase in Staffordshire is an area where Bigfoot has been spotted many times. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bigfoot-sighting-on-cannock-chase-234257 Sightings of wild men or "woodwose" go back to Anglo-Saxon times.
Comment icon #15 Posted by RoofGardener 4 years ago
Hmm.... so your evidence is two drunken teenagers ? And that was ONE sighting, not "many times".  Sadly, I'm not entirely convinced by this ?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Ozymandias 4 years ago
So, Britfoot/Saxquatch exists! There must, therefore, be a viable population of them. Where? What size?  Researches claim that the minimum viable population for primates is in the thousands. For humans it about 5000. Where are all these Saxquatches? What do they eat? Where do they live? Why do we not find any evidence or traces of them? No evidence of feeding, no bodies, no poo, etc. There are no wildernesses in SW England large enough to conceal a viable thriving population of Saxquatches. Was the guy spotted from the train lost? On pilgrimage? On holiday? Or was he just visiting a mate in Br... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by Captain Risky 4 years ago
Sounds like big foot has a new hobby... train spotting.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Jon the frog 4 years ago
In England ? One of the last place I could think to find a huge unknown mammals species...
Comment icon #19 Posted by Essan 4 years ago
But this was the Somerset Levels - and area of reclaimed marshland, beset by sunny weather and occasional showers.  There are places that are more than half a mile from a public road, where no man has trod in days ...... Who knows what may live in such a remote place?    Alongside the scarecrows.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hammerclaw 4 years ago
Comment icon #21 Posted by Stiff 4 years ago
You've not ventured into some of the bars in my town centre. Remember the Cantina bar on Tatooine in Star Wars?      It's like that.
Comment icon #22 Posted by oldrover 4 years ago
So many memories of that joke as a younger man out on the tiles.
Comment icon #23 Posted by oldrover 4 years ago
There's the Forest of Dean, my ex wife was from there I went to her brother's wedding there. I daren't close my eyes for a month after that trip.

Total Posts: 7,212,116    Topics: 295,808    Members: 195,230