Wednesday, August 5, 2020
  Bizarre

Man hits record-breaking high-pitched note

Posted on Friday, 19 October, 2018 | Comment icon 10 comments

Good luck trying to duplicate this performance. Image Credit: YouTube / Guinness World Records
Wang Xiaolong, who is from China, achieved a world record in the 'highest vocal note by a male' category.
The earsplitting note was achieved on the Chinese TV show 'Happy Camp'.

The episode, which was recently uploaded on to YouTube, saw Xiaolong screech his way to victory in front of an audience as adjudicators from Guinness World Records monitored his performance.

Special audio equipment was used to determine the exact frequency of the sound.

He ultimately managed to hit a high E in the 8th octave with a frequency of 5243Hz.

The footage of his accomplishment can be viewed (and heard) below. Note that if you are using headphones, you may want to lower the volume a bit before playing the video.

Source: YouTube | Comments (10)

Tags: High-Pitched, World Record

Comment icon #1 Posted by Iilaa'mpuul'xem on 19 October, 2018, 18:39
Now that's an annoying noise, sounds more like a whistle than a vocal.
Comment icon #2 Posted by OverSword on 19 October, 2018, 18:46
He wasn't using his vocal chords.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Stiff on 19 October, 2018, 18:49
I'm pretty sure I managed to hit a higher note than that when I landed on the crossbar of my bike when I was 13.
Comment icon #4 Posted by pallidin on 19 October, 2018, 18:54
My wife can pitch MUCH higher than that... Similar to 6-year old girls.
Comment icon #5 Posted by pallidin on 19 October, 2018, 19:01
You gonna bust me for saying the Truth? I live right across a park and hear the shrill of 6-year old girls ALL THE TIME.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Mbyte on 19 October, 2018, 21:20
I think I've solved the mystery of the sound heard in Antarctica
Comment icon #7 Posted by Seti42 on 19 October, 2018, 23:13
I made the mistake of hitting play. (Frantically hits mute button.)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Jenn8779 on 20 October, 2018, 0:24
Not to rain on the humour parade but this guy most likely has nothing on the historical singers called castrati. Men.... just warning you now... LOL en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato
Comment icon #9 Posted by Richie256 on 20 October, 2018, 20:54
That is what I call a wisteblower
Comment icon #10 Posted by paperdyer on 23 October, 2018, 18:22
Maybe he had something crushing his jewels.  I know I'd squeal real high if mine were.  Bad enough my dog always seems to push off on them when she gets off my lap or bed.

Revealed: the CIA's nuclear-powered bird drone
8-4-2020
Newly declassified CIA documents have revealed details of a secretive Cold War spy drone that looked like a bird.
'Aliens built the pyramids', Tweets Elon Musk
8-4-2020
The SpaceX CEO sparked controversy and debate recently after posting up a rather unusual Tweet.
Rhode Island checks signed by Mickey Mouse
8-3-2020
Dozens of residents received tax refund checks signed by the fictional anthropomorphic mouse and his creator.
Crew Dragon successfully returns to Earth
8-3-2020
NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley have safely returned home after two months in space.
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball