Friday, March 22, 2019

Man hits record-breaking high-pitched note

Posted on Friday, 19 October, 2018 | Comment icon 10 comments

Good luck trying to duplicate this performance. Image Credit: YouTube / Guinness World Records
Wang Xiaolong, who is from China, achieved a world record in the 'highest vocal note by a male' category.
The earsplitting note was achieved on the Chinese TV show 'Happy Camp'.

The episode, which was recently uploaded on to YouTube, saw Xiaolong screech his way to victory in front of an audience as adjudicators from Guinness World Records monitored his performance.

Special audio equipment was used to determine the exact frequency of the sound.

He ultimately managed to hit a high E in the 8th octave with a frequency of 5243Hz.

The footage of his accomplishment can be viewed (and heard) below. Note that if you are using headphones, you may want to lower the volume a bit before playing the video.

Source: YouTube | Comments (10)

Tags: High-Pitched, World Record

Comment icon #1 Posted by Iilaa'mpuul'xem on 19 October, 2018, 18:39
Now that's an annoying noise, sounds more like a whistle than a vocal.
Comment icon #2 Posted by OverSword on 19 October, 2018, 18:46
He wasn't using his vocal chords.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Stiff on 19 October, 2018, 18:49
I'm pretty sure I managed to hit a higher note than that when I landed on the crossbar of my bike when I was 13.
Comment icon #4 Posted by pallidin on 19 October, 2018, 18:54
My wife can pitch MUCH higher than that... Similar to 6-year old girls.
Comment icon #5 Posted by pallidin on 19 October, 2018, 19:01
You gonna bust me for saying the Truth? I live right across a park and hear the shrill of 6-year old girls ALL THE TIME.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Mbyte on 19 October, 2018, 21:20
I think I've solved the mystery of the sound heard in Antarctica
Comment icon #7 Posted by Seti42 on 19 October, 2018, 23:13
I made the mistake of hitting play. (Frantically hits mute button.)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Jenn8779 on 20 October, 2018, 0:24
Not to rain on the humour parade but this guy most likely has nothing on the historical singers called castrati. Men.... just warning you now... LOL en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato
Comment icon #9 Posted by Richie256 on 20 October, 2018, 20:54
That is what I call a wisteblower
Comment icon #10 Posted by paperdyer on 23 October, 2018, 18:22
Maybe he had something crushing his jewels.  I know I'd squeal real high if mine were.  Bad enough my dog always seems to push off on them when she gets off my lap or bed.

New report exposes 'cat cannibalism' research
3-22-2019
A disturbing new report highlights some of the unsavoury animal experiments carried out by government scientists.
45 rattlesnakes discovered under man's house
3-22-2019
A Texas man who recently crawled under his house to fix his cable found rather more than he had bargained for.
Multiple realities can exist at the same time
3-22-2019
A mind-boggling quantum physics experiment has seemingly confirmed the existence of multiple realities.
'Extinct' cougars sighted in North Carolina
3-21-2019
Several people have come forward to report cougar sightings despite the cats being extinct in the state.
Squaring a doughnut
Posted 3-12-2019 | 0 comments
Michael returns with another mind-bending problem - this time concerning squares.

Shells of cosmic time
Posted 3-3-2019 | 0 comments
A look at how observations of distant objects enable us to see back in time.

Thailand's snake village
Posted 2-26-2019 | 2 comments
Steve Backshall visits a village where the inhabitants live alongside dangerous snakes.

Why do blind people wear sunglasses ?
Posted 2-19-2019 | 2 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why blind people are often seen wearing sunglasses, even indoors.

How will humans evolve ?
Posted 2-12-2019 | 2 comments
What's next for our species - what will a human of the future be like ?

Winter solstice hooded figures