Friday, May 29, 2020
  Bizarre

'Ninja' hairdresser uses swords and a blowtorch

Posted on Sunday, 30 December, 2018 | Comment icon 12 comments

One of the tools Olmedo uses to cut hair is fire. Image Credit: YouTube / Alberto Olmedo
Hairdresser Alberto Olmedo of Campamento, south Madrid has a rather unique way of cutting his clients' hair.
Olmedo, who grew up in France, maintains that his unusual hairdressing style, which has proven inexplicably popular among his customers, is inspired by Renaissance tradition.

"People have been using small daggers to cut hair for hundreds of years," he said.

"I'm practically using primitive tools: fire, swords, it's a bit medieval."
According to Olmedo, using swords to cut hair produces a more even finish than scissors and also makes it possible to cut the hair on both sides of the head at the same time.

He even offers a haircut which involves swiping at the hair while wearing metal claws on his fingers.

A full session demonstrating several of his more unusual techniques can be viewed below.

Source: Euronews.com | Comments (12)

Tags: Alberto Olmedo, Hair

Comment icon #3 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 30 December, 2018, 15:46
What could possibly go wrong ?  A true Ninja would cut your hair without you noticing.  Anyway as seanjo points out we don't really see him cutting any hair, just some "fancy" swordplay.
Comment icon #4 Posted by XenoFish on 30 December, 2018, 16:17
That was underwhelming to say the least.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Jenn8779 on 30 December, 2018, 17:58
I am usually open to new beauty treatments after spending many years in the industry but this?! Um, no....I'm honestly scared here. Lol
Comment icon #6 Posted by seanjo on 30 December, 2018, 22:29
To do plumbing?
Comment icon #7 Posted by seanjo on 30 December, 2018, 22:34
From about 2 inches below the jaw if I read my movies right,   Makes you wonder why Japan doesn't rule the World. Oh no wait....guns.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Avalanche on 30 December, 2018, 23:59
"Look mom no head"
Comment icon #9 Posted by OverSword on 31 December, 2018, 2:50
I refuse to call him a ninja unless he dresses like one
Comment icon #10 Posted by Nnicolette on 1 January, 2019, 0:17
How does burning her hair off make him a ninja?
Comment icon #11 Posted by Hankenhunter on 1 January, 2019, 1:57
So all those times I accidentally scorched my scalp I was ahead of my time? Good to know. *rubs bald spot* Hank
Comment icon #12 Posted by Nzo on 1 January, 2019, 18:37
The gimmicks people use to get more customers.   I can use my power drill to give bikini waxes without the wax. I can also use my toaster to give you perfectly even charred ends.

Monkey steals coronavirus blood samples
5-29-2020
Blood samples from three coronavirus patients were stolen by a monkey in the city of Meerut earlier today.
Pakistani 'spy' pigeon is captured by police
5-29-2020
A pigeon carrying a 'coded message' was recently captured by authorities in India on suspicion of spying.
Stunning Roman mosaic floor unearthed in Italy
5-29-2020
Surveyors working on a vineyard in northern Italy have discovered a remarkably well-preserved Roman mosaic.
Eerie shadow figure captured on hotel CCTV
5-28-2020
Footage captured earlier this month on a hotel CCTV camera seems to show a ghostly figure in a hallway.
Orb of light in room
5-9-2020 | USA/Texas/Waco

Not sleeping alone
5-9-2020 | Los Angeles

Glowing red eyes
5-9-2020 | Fields, Louisiana

Two creature sightings
5-1-2020 | Augusta and Louisana

My haunted home
5-1-2020 | Rainham, Essex, UK

In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter