Sunday, May 26, 2019

'Ninja' hairdresser uses swords and a blowtorch

Posted on Sunday, 30 December, 2018 | Comment icon 12 comments

One of the tools Olmedo uses to cut hair is fire. Image Credit: YouTube / Alberto Olmedo
Hairdresser Alberto Olmedo of Campamento, south Madrid has a rather unique way of cutting his clients' hair.
Olmedo, who grew up in France, maintains that his unusual hairdressing style, which has proven inexplicably popular among his customers, is inspired by Renaissance tradition.

"People have been using small daggers to cut hair for hundreds of years," he said.

"I'm practically using primitive tools: fire, swords, it's a bit medieval."

According to Olmedo, using swords to cut hair produces a more even finish than scissors and also makes it possible to cut the hair on both sides of the head at the same time.

He even offers a haircut which involves swiping at the hair while wearing metal claws on his fingers.

A full session demonstrating several of his more unusual techniques can be viewed below.

Source: Euronews.com | Comments (12)

Tags: Alberto Olmedo, Hair

Comment icon #3 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 30 December, 2018, 15:46
What could possibly go wrong ?  A true Ninja would cut your hair without you noticing.  Anyway as seanjo points out we don't really see him cutting any hair, just some "fancy" swordplay.
Comment icon #4 Posted by XenoFish on 30 December, 2018, 16:17
That was underwhelming to say the least.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Jenn8779 on 30 December, 2018, 17:58
I am usually open to new beauty treatments after spending many years in the industry but this?! Um, no....I'm honestly scared here. Lol
Comment icon #6 Posted by seanjo on 30 December, 2018, 22:29
To do plumbing?
Comment icon #7 Posted by seanjo on 30 December, 2018, 22:34
From about 2 inches below the jaw if I read my movies right,   Makes you wonder why Japan doesn't rule the World. Oh no wait....guns.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Avalanche on 30 December, 2018, 23:59
"Look mom no head"
Comment icon #9 Posted by OverSword on 31 December, 2018, 2:50
I refuse to call him a ninja unless he dresses like one
Comment icon #10 Posted by Nnicolette on 1 January, 2019, 0:17
How does burning her hair off make him a ninja?
Comment icon #11 Posted by Hankenhunter on 1 January, 2019, 1:57
So all those times I accidentally scorched my scalp I was ahead of my time? Good to know. *rubs bald spot* Hank
Comment icon #12 Posted by Nzo on 1 January, 2019, 18:37
The gimmicks people use to get more customers.   I can use my power drill to give bikini waxes without the wax. I can also use my toaster to give you perfectly even charred ends.

Starlink satellite train sparks UFO reports
5-26-2019
A Dutch UFO website was inundated with reports on Saturday after a conga line of lights appeared in the sky.
UK's first crop circle of 2019 discovered
5-26-2019
An intriguing pattern of circles has been filmed and photographed in a field near Warminster, Wiltshire.
Deepfake AI can bring still images to life
5-25-2019
Samsung's new AI-driven software can create video footage of someone using nothing but a still image.
Mystery of global 'seismic hum' finally solved
5-25-2019
Scientists have determined the origins of a peculiar hum that seemed to encircle the entire planet back in 2018.
Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment