Friday, November 15, 2019

'Ninja' hairdresser uses swords and a blowtorch

Posted on Sunday, 30 December, 2018 | Comment icon 12 comments

One of the tools Olmedo uses to cut hair is fire. Image Credit: YouTube / Alberto Olmedo
Hairdresser Alberto Olmedo of Campamento, south Madrid has a rather unique way of cutting his clients' hair.
Olmedo, who grew up in France, maintains that his unusual hairdressing style, which has proven inexplicably popular among his customers, is inspired by Renaissance tradition.

"People have been using small daggers to cut hair for hundreds of years," he said.

"I'm practically using primitive tools: fire, swords, it's a bit medieval."
According to Olmedo, using swords to cut hair produces a more even finish than scissors and also makes it possible to cut the hair on both sides of the head at the same time.

He even offers a haircut which involves swiping at the hair while wearing metal claws on his fingers.

A full session demonstrating several of his more unusual techniques can be viewed below.

Source: Euronews.com | Comments (12)

Tags: Alberto Olmedo, Hair

Comment icon #3 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 30 December, 2018, 15:46
What could possibly go wrong ? A true Ninja would cut your hair without you noticing. Anyway as seanjo points out we don't really see him cutting any hair, just some "fancy" swordplay.
Comment icon #4 Posted by XenoFish on 30 December, 2018, 16:17
That was underwhelming to say the least.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Jenn8779 on 30 December, 2018, 17:58
I am usually open to new beauty treatments after spending many years in the industry but this?! Um, no....I'm honestly scared here. Lol
Comment icon #6 Posted by seanjo on 30 December, 2018, 22:29
To do plumbing?
Comment icon #7 Posted by seanjo on 30 December, 2018, 22:34
From about 2 inches below the jaw if I read my movies right, Makes you wonder why Japan doesn't rule the World. Oh no wait....guns.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Avalanche on 30 December, 2018, 23:59
"Look mom no head"
Comment icon #9 Posted by OverSword on 31 December, 2018, 2:50
I refuse to call him a ninja unless he dresses like one
Comment icon #10 Posted by Nnicolette on 1 January, 2019, 0:17
How does burning her hair off make him a ninja?
Comment icon #11 Posted by Hankenhunter on 1 January, 2019, 1:57
So all those times I accidentally scorched my scalp I was ahead of my time? Good to know. *rubs bald spot* Hank
Comment icon #12 Posted by Nzo on 1 January, 2019, 18:37
The gimmicks people use to get more customers. I can use my power drill to give bikini waxes without the wax. I can also use my toaster to give you perfectly even charred ends.

Prophet blames 'goblins' for spate of 10 deaths
11-15-2019
The surviving members of a family in Nyanga, Zimbabwe claim to have been tormented by malevolent spirits.
Is this the real reason the FBI raided Bob Lazar?
11-15-2019
Newly released documents have shed light on why the alleged former Area 51 worker was raided last year.
'Unicorn puppy' has a tail on its forehead
11-15-2019
Meet Narwhal, an adorable rescue dog from Missouri who happens to have a very unusual appendage.
Fossil tooth sheds light on world's largest ape
11-14-2019
Standing up to three meters tall, Gigantopithecus was the largest ape to ever walk the face of the Earth.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia