Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Celebrity NDEs offer hints of life after death

Posted on Saturday, 5 January, 2019 | Comment icon 64 comments

Sharon Stone once experienced 'the whole white light thing'. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Georges Biard
Several famous figures have opened up about their own personal near-death experiences over the years.
For some, the sensation of departing one's body following traumatic injury or cardiac arrest can be a life-changing event - an experience that sticks with them long after they have physically recovered.

Back in 1992, actress Elizabeth Taylor opened up during an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show about what she had experienced while doctors battled to save her life during surgery in 1962.

Most vivid were her memories of departing from her body and observing the doctors working on her. She also recalled going through a tunnel and seeing her third husband Mike Todd who died in 1958.

She had wanted to stay with him, but he had told her that she had to go back.

Another famous actress, Jane Seymour, also had a near-death experience after going in to anaphylactic shock following an antibiotic injection at the age of 36.
"I had the vision of seeing a white light and looking down and seeing myself in this bedroom with a nurse frantically trying to save my life and jabbing injections in me," she said.

"It gave me a perspective of how fragile life is and made me appreciate what's important."

Actress Sharon Stone, who suffered a brain hemorrhage in 2001, described experiencing "the whole white light thing" and maintains that she encountered people she knew who had died.

"I started to see and be met by some of my friends... people who were very, very dear to me [who had died]," she said. "I had a real journey with this that took me to places both here and beyond."

"But it was very fast - whoosh! Suddenly, I was back. I was in my body."

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (64)

Tags: Near-Death Experience

Comment icon #55 Posted by Coil on 28 January, 2019, 11:22
It is a pity that you do not understand that it was a real experience of people and not an interpretation of the brain because if it were their own  brain invention  then everyone would have their own fantasy tale but they all saw the tunnel and the light the same way. I have no doubt that scientists can come up with explanations for brain tricks but they just don’t explore otherworldly experiences of people.
Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 28 January, 2019, 11:25
Not at all, the experience is documented sure, the interpretation of an afterlife is most certainly myth.  We are not just working with experienced interpretations any more. That's the point. The AWARE project is uncovering answers as we learn about the brains own death process as an individual subject. EEG scans tell us what the brain is doing.  It tells us there is a shutdown process. It tells us about oxygen deprivation, it tells us the brain spikes during the death process.  That removes the leap to mythical realms as the only conceivable option.  I did not tell Coil to grow up. Read it ag... [More]
Comment icon #57 Posted by psyche101 on 28 January, 2019, 11:30
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Munroes work is based in recollection and experience, not so much mechanics and meand right? His predictions regarding binaural beats proved to be wrong wasn't it? As was the case with other predictions?  There are hundreds of thousands of claims. That's all the are. Anecdotes. To be considered plausible at all, mechanisms need to be investigated, not anecdotes. Tell me how it can work, not that it does.
Comment icon #58 Posted by psyche101 on 28 January, 2019, 11:31
With all due respect, that's preaching to the choir isn't it?
Comment icon #59 Posted by Coil on 28 January, 2019, 12:13
If you saw something in another world then you share your memories and experience, and what mechanics are you talking about? I do not know what the essence of binaural beats is and I am not interested in his predictions because he did not rise high to see the distant future. His significant contribution was to escaping from the body, communicating with otherworldly beings, describing worlds and his twin in another world.
Comment icon #60 Posted by psyche101 on 29 January, 2019, 0:31
A predetermined outlook biased toward an afterlife is just perpetuating cultural myths.  We have the means to see what the brain is doing during such experiences.  How does it all work?  Physics defies the idea of an afterlife. How can we have an afterlife when everything we know says it cannot happen?  But stories are just stories. Unless someone can work out a way for life after death to be possible, it seems pointless considering it.
Comment icon #61 Posted by pbarosso on 5 March, 2019, 0:55
psyche101 physics does not defy the aterlife it doesnt even look into the matter. you sound jealous that these people believe it while you do not. let them, if this was a result of oxy deprivation youd expect to have all sorts of wild things happen and and certainly see people who are still alive in those dreams. but people dont see those who are living. do they. weird eh?
Comment icon #62 Posted by spartan max2 on 5 March, 2019, 5:28
It would be nice but my issue is that our brain does alot of weird stuff. People dream, has mental disorder s, etc. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/08/12/211324316/brains-of-dying-rats-yield-clues-about-near-death-experiences They also saw rats have a surge of electricity go to the brain right before death or whatever. It could just be a weird thing our brain does
Comment icon #63 Posted by psyche101 on 6 March, 2019, 3:24
Spartan Max is right, I'm sorry you are so uniformed in this area of science.  Here is one of the best physicists in the world explaining how physics redutes the afterlife myth. Enjoy educating yourself.
Comment icon #64 Posted by jmccr8 on 6 March, 2019, 8:49

9-year-old genius is set to graduate university
11-19-2019
Laurent Simons is about to become one of the youngest people in history to earn themselves a university degree.
143 new Nazca geoglyphs discovered in Peru
11-19-2019
Researchers have used an artificial intelligence to identity previously unseen drawings on the desert floor.
Ancient skeletons found wearing 'skull helmets'
11-18-2019
The skeletons of two infants unearthed in Ecuador were found to be wearing helmets made from other skulls.
Is Greta Thunberg in a 120-year-old photo ?
11-18-2019
A girl who happens to look uncannily like the young activist has been spotted in an old archive photograph.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia