Monday, January 21, 2019

Celebrity NDEs offer hints of life after death

Posted on Saturday, 5 January, 2019 | Comment icon 44 comments

Sharon Stone once experienced 'the whole white light thing'. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Georges Biard
Several famous figures have opened up about their own personal near-death experiences over the years.
For some, the sensation of departing one's body following traumatic injury or cardiac arrest can be a life-changing event - an experience that sticks with them long after they have physically recovered.

Back in 1992, actress Elizabeth Taylor opened up during an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show about what she had experienced while doctors battled to save her life during surgery in 1962.

Most vivid were her memories of departing from her body and observing the doctors working on her. She also recalled going through a tunnel and seeing her third husband Mike Todd who died in 1958.

She had wanted to stay with him, but he had told her that she had to go back.

Another famous actress, Jane Seymour, also had a near-death experience after going in to anaphylactic shock following an antibiotic injection at the age of 36.

"I had the vision of seeing a white light and looking down and seeing myself in this bedroom with a nurse frantically trying to save my life and jabbing injections in me," she said.

"It gave me a perspective of how fragile life is and made me appreciate what's important."

Actress Sharon Stone, who suffered a brain hemorrhage in 2001, described experiencing "the whole white light thing" and maintains that she encountered people she knew who had died.

"I started to see and be met by some of my friends... people who were very, very dear to me [who had died]," she said. "I had a real journey with this that took me to places both here and beyond."

"But it was very fast - whoosh! Suddenly, I was back. I was in my body."

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (44)

Tags: Near-Death Experience

Comment icon #35 Posted by psyche101 on 9 January, 2019, 22:30
It sounds more like your first post than a religious take. I assume you have not seen an episode? It's like you just reversed the time travel concept of the show and boom. Theory.†
Comment icon #36 Posted by RabidMongoose on 10 January, 2019, 11:53
I have seen the lot and the masonic double meanings are literally everywhere.
Comment icon #37 Posted by psyche101 on 10 January, 2019, 21:37
I reckon your overthinking it.†
Comment icon #38 Posted by Guyver on 11 January, 2019, 2:17
I think that is fascinating. †Problem is, these experiences donít seem to be consistent among all people. †Thereís a skeptic here on the forum named Xenofish who claims to have also had two NDEís, I believe, and he didnít experience any afterlife, or even recollection at all. PS. †Iím of the opinion that many or most celebrities are completely wacked, so....while I respect their experience and testimony, I agree with the poster who said their stories are no more or less credible than anyone elseís.
Comment icon #39 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 11 January, 2019, 2:58
confused here. If one has no recollection of anything, is it an NDE by definition or simply that a person died and was revived? I think in the projects trying to track NDEs over half of those who are brought back have no memories to report?
Comment icon #40 Posted by Guyver on 11 January, 2019, 4:25
Yes. †I think you are correct on that statistic as my memory serves, and probably correct on both points. †It is in fact an NDE if the person was revived, whether they remember anything or not. †Itís just interesting that some do have a memorable and life changing experience with the afterlife and others do not.
Comment icon #41 Posted by preacherman76 on 11 January, 2019, 9:53
No I had been fighting back, hard, for what seemed like forever. I was in a moment of surrender when I came back above the water. Not saying it was divine intervention or anything, just saying I donít know how it happened.† I remember seeing that yellow sun turn white, and literally saying to myself that no matter what happened next, it was going to be alright.† † ETA- It could have been as simple as the current taking an upswing. My 14 year old mind did believe I had work yet to be done though I must admit. My 42 year old mind doesn't outright dismiss that possibility either.
Comment icon #42 Posted by preacherman76 on 11 January, 2019, 10:16
From what I've seen the best cases are where people die quickly and unexpectantly. Heart attacks, car accidents, etc. Even in those cases only around 25% recall an experience. From the POV of an ER doctor that's still many cases over a career.
Comment icon #43 Posted by TripGun on 17 January, 2019, 19:20
I was conscious both times, 1st time was more dream like and was more of an experience with prisms separating light and they were in the earths†atmosphere. I didn't know my heart stopped and paddles were used till I woke up and puked all over myself...yeah. 2nd time I was in the passenger seat of my friends CJ7 Jeep and we were running from the law, yes we were going to lose them in the off road trails and avoid any DUI charges.†He had a rebuilt 307 engine in it and it would fly, and then it did. We had the speedometer buried at 85 mph for about 20 seconds before the wreck, end over end 3 time... [More]
Comment icon #44 Posted by spartan max2 on 17 January, 2019, 19:27
Thanks for sharing, I hope you wear your seatbelt now though lol

Emotional support alligator visits care home
1-21-2019
A senior living facility in Pennsylvania recently got a visit from a large reptile with some rather sharp teeth.
Javelin found embedded in mammoth's rib
1-21-2019
Researchers have discovered direct evidence that humans actively hunted mammoths with weapons.
Malapa skeletons are the same hominin species
1-20-2019
Anthropologists have published the results of a new study in to two fossil skeletons found in South Africa.
'Instant karma' for Kentucky snowman vandals
1-20-2019
Vandals who attempted to ram a 10ft snowman with their car ended up getting more than they bargained for.
Round Earth vs flat Earth
Posted 1-18-2019 | 2 comments
Why do some people believe that the Earth is as flat as a pancake?

Which is correct - math or maths ?
Posted 1-10-2019 | 2 comments
For years, there has been some confusion over the shorthand of the word 'mathematics'.

How fast does glass crack ?
Posted 12-31-2018 | 5 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment in their back yard.

The most mind-blowing space discoveries
Posted 12-28-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of mankind's greatest space-related discoveries.

The origins of Christmas
Posted 12-22-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at the origins of several modern Christmas traditions.

Johannesburg Men in Black