Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Man to sue his parents for giving birth to him

Posted on Monday, 4 February, 2019 | Comment icon 39 comments

Samuel doesn't explain how you go about asking an unconceived child for consent. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Mumbai resident Raphael Samuel disapproves of the fact that his parents didn't ask his permission beforehand.
The utterly bizarre stance is part of a small but growing movement known as 'antinatalism' which contends that giving birth is morally wrong.

According to Samuel, his parents brought him into this world to benefit them, not him.

"I want to tell all Indian kids that they don't owe their parents anything," he told The Print. "I love my parents, and we have a great relationship, but they had me for their joy and their pleasure."

"My life has been amazing, but I don't see why I should put another life through the rigamarole of school and finding a career, especially when they didn't ask to exist."

"Other Indian people must know that it is an option not to have children, and to ask your parents for an explanation as to why they gave birth to you."

The odds of him successfully suing his parents over the matter however are practically nil.

Source: News Nation | Comments (39)

Tags: Raphael Samuel

Comment icon #30 Posted by OverSword on 5 February, 2019, 16:28
He even says he has a great life, so really he's not too bright.   I have a friend from Laos who is the oldest of 14 children.  His parents had  so many so there is enough to beat the infant mortality rate and to use as labor on the farm.  Now that is an example of having kids for your own benefit.  This guy is from a big city and has a happy life so I doubt he was used as slave labor.  In the end he's not completely wrong, parents have children because in the final analysis life is mainly about family so his parents are not in the wrong, he is.  I hope he has children too, that'll shut him up... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by Myles on 5 February, 2019, 16:32
I think all, if not accidental, is for the parents benefit.   My wife an I planned to have 2 children and did just that.  It was totally for our benefit because we wanted to be parents.   Not once did we think something like - "We should have children because they will be such a great addition to the world and help everyone and love their life forever".   It was our job as parents to raise them well and give them opportunities.   We succeeded far better than we even thought we could.   1 a college Junior who will graduate with zero debt (scholarships and being an RA) and the other a 10th grade... [More]
Comment icon #32 Posted by OverSword on 5 February, 2019, 16:35
You B@$+@rd
Comment icon #33 Posted by danydandan on 5 February, 2019, 16:39
DMT will get you there.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Ulx on 5 February, 2019, 23:42
Reading the comments, i would like to point a couple of ideas about what has been said. I noticed some comments lack the basic knowledge of population grow mechanics, suggesting that where children mortality is high people must have less children where the reality is exactly the opposite, said so, having children is not such a selfish act, as humanity already reached the 0 grow of children per capita arround a decade ago less children would mean a more problematic disproportion between young and old people in the near future, especially middle calss intellectuals with little knowledge on popul... [More]
Comment icon #35 Posted by godnodog on 6 February, 2019, 11:39
Good to know, now wtf is DMT?
Comment icon #36 Posted by danydandan on 6 February, 2019, 11:49
I honestly don't know. Joe Rogan talks about it alot.
Comment icon #37 Posted by FlyingAngel on 9 February, 2019, 22:27
He wasn't a human, he had no right. Piece of chemical. End of story.
Comment icon #38 Posted by Nzo on 10 February, 2019, 0:23
But you did not have to have children. You could have adopted children from a poor country. There are literally tens of millions of them. Hundreds of millions of them when considering other things than being poor. The only reason people decide to have children of their own in my honest opinion is for selfish reasons. Some can say its hubris, my genes are better then yours. One can say a piece of me will exist well after I am gone. etc. To pass on a freaking last name. For cultural reasons. I am getting old and all our friends have kids(the biggest and best one) At no time can you say that you ... [More]
Comment icon #39 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 10 February, 2019, 9:08
Jesus Christ, you’re scary.

New Stegosaurus species found in Morocco
8-21-2019
Not only is the fossil a new species but it is also the earliest known Stegosaurus specimen ever discovered.
Scientists to reveal 'plausible' Nessie theory
8-21-2019
A biological study of Loch Ness has produced a credible explanation for the Loch Ness Monster phenomenon.
Mystery surrounds Himalayan 'skeleton lake'
8-21-2019
A shallow lake situated high up in the mountains of India is filled with skeletal remains dating back centuries.
Woman is visited by Pennywise the Clown
8-20-2019
A blood-soaked effigy of the titular character from the movie 'It' is the last thing you want to find in your yard.
A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx