Monday, November 11, 2019

Bigfoot symposium set for East Tennessee

Posted on Sunday, 24 February, 2019 | Comment icon 8 comments

Bigfoot remains a popular topic of debate. Image Credit: PD / RyanMcGuire
Bigfoot enthusiasts will be descending on Gatlinburg this summer to talk about all things Sasquatch.
The legendary creature, despite proving extremely elusive, still enjoys a sizable following in the United States with many remaining convinced that its existence will one day be conclusively proven.

Now those with a keen interest in the subject will have the opportunity to meet up and discuss the hairy hominid in person thanks to the inaugural Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Conference which will be coming to the Gatlinburg Convention Center on July 27th.

The conference will reportedly feature a number of Bigfoot investigators and researchers including Cliff Barackman - co-host of Animal Planet's documentary series "Finding Bigfoot".
Former Knox County mayor Tim Burchett, who famously declared Nov 6th, 2012 "Knox County Bigfoot Day", has also expressed an interest in attending the event.

"I've always been fascinated about the unknown," he said. "When we stop dreaming, man, we stop living. I mean, my life is a dream. I swing for the fence every day, and I'm a freaking U.S. congressman. So, I'm blessed."

According to the conference organizers, tickets to the event have been selling well.

"We are absolutely thrilled with the response for just being less than a week into the announcement," said Nikki Beaty of Gather Up Events. "I think we'll end up selling out in the next couple weeks."

Source: Knox News | Comments (8)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #1 Posted by acute on 24 February, 2019, 18:24
I feel sorry for the Yeti and the Russian version. They never get a mention! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almas_(cryptozoology)
Comment icon #2 Posted by openozy on 24 February, 2019, 20:26
I bet the imaginations will be in overdrive threr.
Comment icon #3 Posted by the13bats on 25 February, 2019, 3:24
Its the 21st century version of giant rock convention, just replace aliens with bigfoot
Comment icon #4 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 25 February, 2019, 11:54
Are that convention, at the same time as the flat earth convention ? lol...
Comment icon #5 Posted by the13bats on 25 February, 2019, 11:55
If anyone goes please grab me a t shirt...ill pay you back, lol
Comment icon #6 Posted by Robotic Jew on 25 February, 2019, 14:46
I can only imagine how bad this event is going to smell.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Guyver on 25 February, 2019, 19:43
Interesting location for the event.
Comment icon #8 Posted by the13bats on 25 February, 2019, 20:23
Reminds me of buck nelson and his ufo hootennannys, fried chicken, apple pie, and aliens....

BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
11-11-2019
Comedian Andrew Maxwell and his crew once had their own harrowing experience near the secretive facility.
Video of a fish with a human-like face goes viral
11-11-2019
Unnerving footage of a carp with distinctly human-like facial features has recently emerged on social media.
Geneticists propose human/tardigrade hybrids
11-11-2019
Combining tardigrade DNA with our own could one day improve our ability to survive for long periods in space.
Mercury set for rare transit of the Sun tomorrow
11-10-2019
This spectacular celestial event, which only happens a few times per century, will be visible for 5.5 hours.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia