Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Woman blacks out, forgets last 40 years

Posted on Monday, 11 March, 2019 | Comment icon 19 comments

Imagine waking up with no memory of two-thirds of your life. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Allan Ajifo
A woman from Louisiana forgot her entire adult life after suffering from a sudden and extreme bout of memory loss.
56-year-old grandmother Kim Denicola had been walking to her friend's car after attending a bible class at her church when she experienced a sudden, sharp headache and passed out on the spot.

When she awoke in hospital a short time later, the last 40 years had been wiped from her memory.

As far as she was concerned the year was 1980, she was almost 18 years old and Reagan was in the White House. She had no memory of her husband, her children, her grandchildren, her family business or anything that had happened to her over the last four decades.

It was as though someone had flicked a switch in her brain and wiped it all out.

Doctors eventually diagnosed her with a condition known as 'transient global amnesia' which is typified by a temporary loss of recent memory. In Kim's case however, her memories haven't returned.

A news report featuring interviews with Kim and her family can be viewed below.

Source: AOL News | Comments (19)

Tags: Memory, Brain, Amnesia

Comment icon #10 Posted by Piney on 12 March, 2019, 3:22
Norman Bates?
Comment icon #11 Posted by Impedancer on 12 March, 2019, 5:37
Could be Ed Gain :-p
Comment icon #12 Posted by Impedancer on 12 March, 2019, 13:11
Hitchcock wrote the character Norman Bates based on Ed Gain for those who dont know who he was check out the link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein
Comment icon #13 Posted by travelnjones on 12 March, 2019, 15:56
No its some awful song. I looked it up and its by Drake.  I looked and Drake is from Degrassi High and a Sprite commercial.
Comment icon #14 Posted by TripGun on 12 March, 2019, 15:59
Ctrl Alt Del - End memory processes
Comment icon #15 Posted by Wes83 on 12 March, 2019, 16:03
Oddly enough, “my bed” is his daughters name from what I was told....
Comment icon #16 Posted by and then on 12 March, 2019, 20:46
Wow... hadn't thought about that downside.  Sheesh, maximum overload, breakers thrown and depression ensues
Comment icon #17 Posted by and then on 12 March, 2019, 20:48
Man, you are one lucky individual.  Hemorrhagic strokes usually have REALLY poor outcomes unless the patient happens to have the episode while in the hospital with good docs around immediately.  Bore holes?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Piney on 12 March, 2019, 22:36
No, I was "bush". I was having SP and seizures afterwards. I lost a major chunk of memory. It was insane. My arms both started to hurt for no reasons. The I was having breathing problems and it felt like I was being punched in the head. I thought my bad valve finally stuck shut or open. I just laid there waiting to die.  2 weeks later my sister talked me into going to the doctor who sent me to a cardiologist and neurologist. They both said I was really lucky and don't know how I survived. No bore holes. I was already long past the episode.
Comment icon #19 Posted by aztek on 13 March, 2019, 20:36
yea there was a story about a guy in Russia who fell down hit his head, was picked up by an ambulance, brought to a hospital , and he claimed he forgot who he was. but doctors did get his prints without him knowing, and cops found him in a database, he was known mobster. he never forgot who he was, he faked amnesia to hide from cops  and rival gang.    but yea stroke can wipe your memory, but it's the least of issues with a stroke

Ghosts abound at UK's most haunted prison
5-21-2019
Shepton Mallet Prison in Somerset is believed by many to be one of Britain's most haunted buildings.
Storm chaser films from inside a tornado
5-20-2019
Meteorologist Reed Timmer recently got more than he bargained for when a tornado formed right on top of him.
Wandering Earth: can we move our planet ?
5-20-2019
Is it really possible to use giant thrusters to physically move our entire planet to a different orbit ?
Immortality industry 'worth $600bn' by 2025
5-20-2019
The Bank of America has predicted that extending the human lifespan will soon become a major pursuit.
Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment