Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Bear breaks into house, sleeps in closet

Posted on Saturday, 22 June, 2019 | Comment icon 11 comments

This is what happens when you don't lock up. Image Credit: Facebook / Missoula County Sheriff's Office
A homeowner in Missoula County, Montana recently returned home to find a rather unwelcome guest.
Deputies were alerted to the unexpected intrusion after a black bear was found to have made its way into the house before somehow locking the door behind it from the inside.

According to reports, the curious animal, which had managed to gain access through an unlocked laundry room, had climbed in to a closet and made itself at home on the top shelf.

"When deputies arrived, they discovered this black bear had opened the door to the mudroom of this residence and somehow managed to deadbolt the door from inside," the Sheriff's Office wrote.
"When deputies knocked on the window, the bear was not the least bit impressed. He slowly stretched, yawned and, unamused, looked toward the door."

The sleepy bear was eventually tranquilized and removed from the premises.

"This is another good reason to lock up, as we also have unconfirmed reports that he tried two other closets before he decided this one was juuuuuust right (kidding)!" the Sheriff's Office wrote.

Source: BBC News | Comments (11)

Tags: Bear

Comment icon #2 Posted by Seti42 on 22 June, 2019, 18:23
Bears are one of the few wild animals that don't seem to have a fear of humans. I'm plenty scared of them, however. If I encounter bear poop when hiking (which has happened) I do a 180 immediately.
Comment icon #3 Posted by acute on 22 June, 2019, 18:49
Does a bear sit on the wood?
Comment icon #4 Posted by and then on 22 June, 2019, 19:06
Was it a big, blue house?
Comment icon #5 Posted by XenoFish on 22 June, 2019, 23:19
When Goldilocks get's here, BAM!!! You want be getting my porridge anymore.
Comment icon #6 Posted by pallidin on 23 June, 2019, 0:32
Amazing how the bear climbed up there. I know they can, but would have expected more damage.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Michelle on 23 June, 2019, 0:49
They have a totally empty closet?
Comment icon #8 Posted by pallidin on 23 June, 2019, 7:33
I'll explain... In some homes in the U.S., there is an area known as the "mudroom", or "mud room" It's a small foyer just after the entry door, and there is usually another door before going into the main house. The purpose of the mudroom is to take-off your mud encrusted boots or snow boots and put on normal shoes, or vice-versa if you're going out in bad weather. So, the mud room closet itself is rarely used, and most people don't put their boots or house shoes in there... they just leave them in the foyer against the wall on a mat. Sometimes the mud room closet holds heavy weather jackets, ... [More]
Comment icon #9 Posted by Impedancer on 23 June, 2019, 9:27
That bear is such a closet queen
Comment icon #10 Posted by Michelle on 23 June, 2019, 13:15
No, let me explain... I have a husband who tries his best to fill up every empty space in the house. Every time I clear out a spot he finds something to fill it. Our house has three tiny closets because it's old. I have basically turned one small room into my closet and storage for items bought in bulk. I forbid my husband to put anything in there. About once a month I have to go in and get the things out that he tries to sneak in there. I take them into his wood room and put the items on his woodworking tables forcing him to find another solution. He has the entire huge attic, the basement, h... [More]
Comment icon #11 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 25 June, 2019, 10:21
When it comes out of the closet, does it then sing Show tunes, and find a fancy to pink fizzy drinks ?

Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia