Monday, January 20, 2020

Mystery as 150 beachgoers fall ill in Essex

Posted on Wednesday, 28 August, 2019 | Comment icon 8 comments

The cause of the illness continues to remain a mystery. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Christine Matthews
An unexplained malady has befallen beachgoers along the Essex coast and nobody knows what's causing it.
The problem began on Sunday when two young girls started to experience breathing difficulties.

"My daughter started coughing," said their mother, Miriam Lansdell. "She said, 'I don't feel good. It hurts to breathe in'. My other daughter was gasping and couldn't form words."
Since then, at least 150 people have reported similar symptoms, as well as coughing and vomiting, after visiting beaches in Frinton-on-Sea, Clacton and Walton-on-the-Naze.

Samples of seawater have been collected for analysis and beachgoers have been advised to stay out of the water however the cause of the mysterious outbreak continues to remain unknown.

Source: BBC News | Comments (8)

Tags: Essex, Illness, Beach

Comment icon #1 Posted by mdbuilder on 28 August, 2019, 12:26
If I had to guess, I'd say it was the water...
Comment icon #2 Posted by Nnicolette on 28 August, 2019, 12:39
There has been alotta contaminated water this year. There are several places I used to swim but couldnt because people are getting really sick and also flesh eating bacteria. I think its the warm water propegating bacteria.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 28 August, 2019, 15:23
Tainted water is my guess.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Gary Meadows on 28 August, 2019, 16:35
We've had a problem in my area with dangerous algae in the river. After a few dog deaths they've warned against going near it. I think mother nature is angry with us...
Comment icon #5 Posted by Manwon Lender on 29 August, 2019, 1:55
I also think it could be an Algae Bloom, it most cases it just makes shellfish poisonous. But I guess it could also affect people swimming in water contaminated by it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by skookum on 29 August, 2019, 7:34
Same thing happened in Worthing a few weeks ago.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Twisted_Caulk on 30 August, 2019, 14:20
Maybe there are more and more whales filling it with peepee cause global whaling has been in decline for decades.
Comment icon #8 Posted by MissJatti on 31 August, 2019, 13:21
I heard there was a spillage near by. And only 150 people. Frinton beach is quite popular here.

Are UFOs piloted by humans from the future ?
1-20-2020
Is it possible that unidentified flying objects are piloted, not by aliens, but by our own future descendants ?
SpaceX rocket explodes as part of abort test
1-20-2020
The firm deliberately destroyed the rocket as part of its preparations for sending astronauts up to the ISS.
'Alien warehouse' Hangar 18 - does it exist ?
1-20-2020
Rumors about a secretive hangar at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base have been circulating for decades.
Mystery as pigeon spotted wearing a sombrero
1-19-2020
Last month it was pigeons wearing cowboy hats - now it's pigeons wearing sombreros. But who is responsible ?
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA