Thursday, November 21, 2019

40th anniversary of Minnesota UFO encounter

Posted on Sunday, 1 September, 2019 | Comment icon 81 comments

What really happened to Johnson that night in 1979 ? Image Credit: (PD)
Four decades ago, Marshall County Deputy Val Johnson had a chilling encounter with an unidentified object.
In the early hours of August 27th, 1979, Johnson had been patrolling a stretch of highway around 20 miles from Warren when he observed an abnormally bright light hovering above the road.

After reporting the phenomenon to Marshall County dispatcher Pete Bauer, he witnessed the light moving towards him until it was directly overhead, at which point he lost consciousness.

When he awoke 30 minutes later, he had burns around his eyes and his patrol car had suffered significant damage including a smashed headlight and a shattered windscreen.

The two antennae were bent in different directions and the clock on the dashboard had stopped.
A doctor who examined Johnson after the incident compared his burns to "welder's burns."

"He said 'I don't know what happened. Something hit me,'" said Bauer.

"Those people who would doubt, you can't doubt this."

To this day, no conclusive explanation for what happened that night has ever been found.

Source: Grandforks Herald | Comments (81)

Tags: Val Johnson, UFO

Comment icon #72 Posted by the13bats on 13 September, 2019, 18:29
is scandals mag like a national inquirier? so ironghost, since you are so very savvy on val johnson and i would hope that you agree a persons  credibility and intregrity are paramount in a case like this, lets discuse his getting fired for some funding issue, seems it ruined his carreer in law enforcement, can you please give the details ( unbiased ) you have on this as a professinal ( self roclaimed ) i would expect you researched it very well.
Comment icon #73 Posted by IronGhost on 14 September, 2019, 0:56
I can tell you this: The “funding dispute” associated with Val Johnson is a “Nothing Burger.” Keep in mind this is almost 40 years ago, so I think pretty much everyone’s memory on this is hazy, but again, it was nothing much to begin with. What I know about it personally comes from this source – Val Johnson’s mother-in-law, admittedly a sympathetic source. As I said before, my mother and Val Johnson’s mother-in-law were next door neighbors. Val’s mother-in-law’s name was Daisy, and I’ll omit her last name since a lot of this family lives in my hometown and I don’t see why I should drag their n... [More]
Comment icon #74 Posted by the13bats on 14 September, 2019, 3:12
this case is something of a nithing burger, so a major point of credibility and intregrity and as a professinal you basically did almost zero to investagate it, im not surprised at all, so you say you asked a very biased source got an expected sugar coated reply and seems you further embelished what she allegedly told you into your own agenda biased thoughts, while it sounds like what you called it, sympathetic,  thankless job? no, he was paid, the butt kissing thanks doesnt come with lots of jobs, i dont buy for one moment johnson was some good old andy tailor trying to get barney more guns a... [More]
Comment icon #75 Posted by stereologist on 14 September, 2019, 4:29
So the hero of the story is less than a hero. What appears to be something turns out to  be nothing. The hero of this tale is now being recast as a robin hood sort of person. That seems to me like an effort to protect their odd tale of how they smashed their car.
Comment icon #76 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 21 September, 2019, 21:59
Firstly, IronGhost, thanks for the enjoyable stories. I really liked them. If you find your way to writing that book, please PM me.  And what do you think it is that makes your region Orb Central?  Quite peculiar but deliciously interesting.
Comment icon #77 Posted by IronGhost on 22 September, 2019, 0:13
Thanks, Earl of T ... I have one more addendum coming up to the Val Johnson event, and it's HUGE. I've got the story of a guy who encountered what seems to be the same object and he engaged in a high speed chase with it in almost the same location in which Val had his encounter, and near the same time. He's a very reliable witness, a lifer in the U.S. Army, Military Police and helicopter pilot. It's a longish story I'm writing up and hope to have it early next week. This encounter adds tremendous credibility to Val's story. Taken all together, it is possible there's enough for a book-length do... [More]
Comment icon #78 Posted by the13bats on 22 September, 2019, 0:40
ooooh...i get it, this was all to promote and sell a book, clever, very clever.
Comment icon #79 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 22 September, 2019, 3:12
Good stuff, Ghost. I look forward to it. Even if you fashioned a book that was a series of short stories, I'd be all in on it. And yes, a second witness to the same type phenomena in the same area certainly raises the believability a bit.  See ya soon
Comment icon #80 Posted by IronGhost on 22 September, 2019, 13:13
Yes. and it's actually two extra witnesses because this guy's wife was with him and says it all happened as they both say it did, and both are willing to go on the records with their names, etc.
Comment icon #81 Posted by stereologist on 22 September, 2019, 15:10
So we have stories which we are going to pretend are all of the same object, if there was an object. Sounds to me like a typical UFO situation - force a fit.

Are ghosts a sign that we live in a simulation ?
11-21-2019
Two scientists have put forward the intriguing yet disturbing notion that we may all be living in the Matrix.
3D images of 'Noah's Ark' set to be revealed
11-21-2019
A Turkish ark-hunter has captured new subterranean images of what he believes to be the real Noah's Ark.
Outbreak of the Black Death reported in China
11-21-2019
A resurgence of the bubonic plague in China has been raising eyebrows this week, but just how dangerous is it?
Flat Earth conspiracy is continuing to spread
11-20-2019
Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, more and more people now believe that the Earth is flat.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia