Thursday, October 28, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon  
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )  
Bizarre

Dog turns on microwave, sets house on fire

December 3, 2019 | Comment icon 7 comments



Dogs and microwaves don't mix. Image Credit: James E. Foehl / US Navy
A dog that was left home alone in South-East England recently managed to set his owner's home ablaze.
The bizarre incident occurred after the adventurous canine somehow succeeded in activating a microwave that had been sitting on a worktop in the kitchen.

A bag of rolls that happened to be inside the appliance at the time heated up and caught fire.

As luck would have it, the owner actually noticed the smoke on a live camera feed viewable through an app on his mobile phone and was quick to notify the emergency services.
The house sustained only minimal damage and the dog managed to escape unscathed.

"Clearly this is a very strange incident involving the man's dog, but it could still have been more serious," said Corringham Fire Station watch manager Geoff Wheal.

"When we arrived, the kitchen was filled with smoke. Firefighters ensured that the damage did not spread beyond the kitchen area - but it demonstrates that microwaves shouldn't be used to store food when they aren't in use."

"Our advice is to always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging. Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think - so please don't run the risk."

Source: Newsweek | Comments (7)



Recent comments on this story
Comment icon #1 Posted by Piney 2 years ago
Thank the Universe for that.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Desertrat56 2 years ago
I keep stuff in the microwave so the dogs can't get to it, but they are not young anymore so don't jump up to the counter. That dog was probably trying to open the microwave door. Huskys are smart.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Piney 2 years ago
My microwave has always been a "bread box" too. Especially in my camper.
Comment icon #4 Posted by AllPossible 2 years ago
To the pound you go.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Joe Rogers 2 years ago
This is why I'm a cat person. A cat would never set your house on fire-- by accident.
Comment icon #6 Posted by MissJatti 2 years ago
How do they know it was the dog? Did the dog say *BARK BARK IT WAS ME SUCKAS BARK BARK*
Comment icon #7 Posted by DieChecker 2 years ago
HOT DOG!!


Please Login or Register to post a comment.


Recent news and articles