Saturday, July 11, 2020

Eerie shadow figure captured on hotel CCTV

Posted on Thursday, 28 May, 2020 | Comment icon 69 comments

Is there a ghost in the Eagle's Nest Hotel ? Image Credit: Facebook / Jus Jenn
Footage captured earlier this month on a hotel CCTV camera seems to show a ghostly figure in a hallway.
The video, which was originally uploaded on Facebook by user 'Jus Jenn', was recorded by a person standing in front of a security monitor while the actual clip itself was replayed on the screen.

The 'ghost' shows up between a cart of cleaning supplies and the door of an elevator on the left.

The footage is certainly interesting - the shadow is distinctly human-like and moves back and forth at some speed, seemingly without anything or anyone else moving nearby.

According to a YouTube reupload of the video, the phenomenon occurred at the Eagle's Nest Hotel in Quincy, Illinois and was spotted after items had gone missing from the supplies cart.

The elevator door from which the shadow seems to come and go was reportedly closed at the time because if it had been open, a light would have come on.
Apparently staff at the hotel have been plagued by paranormal activity for some time.

But does this footage really show a ghost or could something else be going on ?

It's worth noting the possibility that the shadow is being cast by someone walking along a corridor behind or to the left of the camera (or moving in such a way so as to stage the observed movement).

The possibility that the whole thing could be a hoax should not be discounted either.

You can check out the footage for yourself below.

Source: Facebook | Comments (69)

Tags: Ghost, Shadow

Comment icon #60 Posted by Liquid Gardens on 22 June, 2020, 12:45
Agreed.  I would add to that the only part of this that would require someone highly skilled is the 'duplication' part; to just create the OP video, with no requirement to make it match exactly another video, does not require a professional.  This video I only consider to be 'hard' to reproduce because it's tedious, not that it requires very special skills; it's hard for the same reason peeling 200 potatoes is hard.
Comment icon #61 Posted by XenoFish on 22 June, 2020, 20:22
I think that if we saw the full video it might solve/resolve this issue. If it was a cleaning cart then it could just be someone from room service casting a shadow on it.
Comment icon #62 Posted by jamesjr191 on 22 June, 2020, 21:29
Such boring topics now a days never nothing new or something to make you think "Hmmmm"  Makes ya wanna give up on the paranormal, seems their is  nothing to it thats real.
Comment icon #63 Posted by XenoFish on 22 June, 2020, 22:13
I can't help but agree, sadly though.
Comment icon #64 Posted by the13bats on 22 June, 2020, 22:28
To be fair I went and watched the OP video again, its presented both as clickbait and as something supernatural, so i do have to shake off my biases to those things. I did appreciate the blow ups, and i believe as mentioned it would be a clue if we got to see before or after the clip where it shows the cleaning person, To me it looks like some sort of time lapse, it doesnt flow fluid, and while this is a still it reminded me of, This was a pic that the photographer claimed was taken with about a 2 second time exposure and he swears nothing was there, in better versions its clearly a cleaning l... [More]
Comment icon #65 Posted by ChrLzs on 22 June, 2020, 23:13
I don't think it's that sad.. we learn lessons about fakery, about human nature, about critical thinking, and of course the *natural* world is full of rich complexity and beauty and lots of cool new stuff to uncover and explain, even if those explanations are not the desired fairies...
Comment icon #66 Posted by XenoFish on 22 June, 2020, 23:19
At what point does it get monotonous? How many times have threads like this happened and it's nothing. I don't know, eventually giving up seems the only option. Probably explains my posting style lately.....
Comment icon #67 Posted by ChrLzs on 23 June, 2020, 0:18
For the person posting it, it may be quite new, and they might learn some stuff.  We're not born with innate knowledge, and sadly, there is very little teaching of critical thinking and systems analysis in schools.. But I do understand the sentiment, and when new posters come here with attitude, I too get sick of it.. Did you watch that Tim Minchin video I linked to?  I thought it would resonate with you, but it seems it didn't..   Here's the bit that sometimes I think we all need to remind ourselves...
Comment icon #68 Posted by XenoFish on 23 June, 2020, 0:22
Yeah I watched the video, I've seen it before. Perhaps I'm just bored.
Comment icon #69 Posted by stereologist on 24 June, 2020, 23:19
The first thing I noticed was the strong priming that was done by the voice on the video. It's called a ghost. It is stated to be a child. The hotel is supposed to have paranormal activity. My papameter went to 0% chance of paranormal. There is a shadow or is it a photoediting trick? Not much to see. What doe we actually see? Our eyes detect some movement. The dark object we assume to be behind the cart because we have a built in preference that something that obscures something must be closer. The cart appears to obscure something our brain thinks is one object and the cart must be closer. Th... [More]

NASA's next Mars rover is attached to rocket
7-10-2020
The Perseverance Mars rover has been attached to an Atlas V rocket in preparation for its epic journey.
Bizarre 'xenophyophores' found in the abyss
7-10-2020
Scientists have discovered a number of exotic new life forms in the deepest depths of the Pacific Ocean.
'10ft lake monster' caught on camera in China
7-9-2020
Footage showing an unidentified creature lurking in the water of a Chinese lake has appeared on social media.
Moon 'gel' mystery has finally been solved
7-9-2020
Scientists have revealed what the mysterious gel-like substance found on the lunar surface actually is.

Grim reaper-like visitation