Friday, April 16, 2021

US Strategic Command posts gibberish Tweet

Posted on Monday, 5 April, 2021 | Comment icon 7 comments

Even US Strategic Command can make a mistake on Twiiter. Image Credit: US Navy
Social media users were left perplexed last week when the US StratCom account published a bizarre message.
One of the eleven unified combatant commands in the United States Department of Defense, the US Strategic Command is responsible for everything from strategic deterrence to nuclear operations.

This would imply, therefore, that everything it publishes should be meaningful and accurate.

All the stranger, then, that the official Twitter account ( @US_Stratcom ) put out a very bizarre message on March 28th which read simply ";l;;gmlxzssaw."

So was this intended as some sort of coded message or did someone lean on the keyboard ?

While many users scrambled to figure out if there was some hidden meaning behind the message, journalist Mikael Thalen decided to file a Freedom of Information request.
Received a mere four hours later, the response read:

"The explanation of the tweet is as follows: The Command's Twitter manager, while in a telework status, momentarily left the Command's Twitter account open and unattended.

His very young child took advantage of the situation and started playing with the keys and unfortunately, and unknowingly, posted the tweet. Absolutely nothing nefarious occurred, i.e., no hacking of our Twitter account.

The post was discovered and notice to delete it occurred telephonically."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (7)

Tags: Stratcom, Twitter

Comment icon #1 Posted by HandsomeGorilla on 5 April, 2021, 12:47
I literally do this all the time. I'm required to be on call 24/7, so I keep my phone right next to me while I sleep so I can hear or feel it  I've sent texts like this a few times, what's even weirder is when they're actual words strung together and not random symbols. I've sent voice texts of me lightly snoring to people. Racy, unintended pictures, as well. Sent one to my boss once When I wake up and the first notifications are '?!?!' or 'wtf', I already know what happened
Comment icon #2 Posted by Eldorado on 5 April, 2021, 12:56
The cleaner gave an office keyboard a wipe?
Comment icon #3 Posted by Jon the frog on 5 April, 2021, 14:19
''xzssaw'' parts look like a gamer who forgot his chat channel when trying to shot the bad guys, lol !
Comment icon #4 Posted by Robotic Jew on 5 April, 2021, 19:55
In unrelated news The US Strategic Command is now hiring for the position of Twitter Handler...
Comment icon #5 Posted by Poncho_Peanatus on 5 April, 2021, 20:15
meh
Comment icon #6 Posted by GoldenRabbit on 8 April, 2021, 7:31
Must be slow news day.
Comment icon #7 Posted by psyche101 on 8 April, 2021, 7:37
It's a covefe code. Trumps back on Twitter........

Only 3% of Earth's land ecosystems are intact
4-15-2021
Mankind's relentless and destructive influence has damaged just about every ecosystem on Earth.
Pentagon: Pyramid UFO footage 'authentic'
4-15-2021
The Pentagon has confirmed the authenticity of recently released footage of pyramid-shaped UFOs.
Police disarm 'UFO detector' in New Jersey
4-14-2021
A 'suspicious' device allegedly used to track UFOs was reported to the police in New Jersey State Park recently.
60yrs on - Yuri Gagarin: the first man in space
4-14-2021
On April 12th, 1961, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human ever to venture into outer space.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball