Saturday, July 24, 2021
  Bizarre

Man is swallowed and spat out by a whale

Posted on Saturday, 12 June, 2021 | Comment icon 8 comments

The last place you want to be is inside one of these... Image Credit: CC BY 3.0 Whit Welles
A lobster diver got more than he bargained for on Friday when he had a close encounter with a humpback whale.
It was early in the morning when 56-year-old Michael Packard - who had been lobster diving for years - entered the water off Cape Cod, Massachusetts on his second dive of the day.

As he reached the seafloor, however, he encountered something altogether unexpected.

"All of a sudden, I felt this huge shove and the next thing I knew it was completely black," he said. "I could sense I was moving, and I could feel the whale squeezing with the muscles in his mouth."

Without realizing it, he had inadvertently been swallowed up by a huge humpback whale.

"I was completely inside; it was completely black," he said. "I thought to myself, 'there's no way I'm getting out of here. I'm done, I'm dead.'"

"All I could think of was my boys - they're 12 and 15 years old."

As luck would have it, however, the whale wasn't too keen on its latest meal.

"I saw light, and he started throwing his head side to side, and the next thing I knew I was outside (in the water)," said Packard.

He ultimately escaped from his close encounter with only a broken leg and a few other minor injuries.

Source: Cape Cod Times | Comments (8)

Tags: Whale

Comment icon #1 Posted by Guyver on 12 June, 2021, 3:28
Wow. †Youíre not going to forget about that experience anytime soon.
Comment icon #2 Posted by susieice on 12 June, 2021, 4:48
It's an experience most people will never have. Something to tell the grandkids about although I'm sure he was pretty shook up while it was happening. I can't even imagine.
Comment icon #3 Posted by razman on 12 June, 2021, 16:34
Jonah ?
Comment icon #4 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 13 June, 2021, 6:41
No, no. ya see, Jonah was taken in by a USO†
Comment icon #5 Posted by Still Waters on 13 June, 2021, 14:16
Manís Account Of Being Swallowed By Humpback Whale Doubted By Doctors https://www.unilad.co.uk/animals/mans-account-of-being-swallowed-by-humpback-whale-doubted-by-doctors/
Comment icon #6 Posted by glorybebe on 13 June, 2021, 15:42
I read that.† †So many people want a few minutes of fame, that doubt pops up with these stories and people wanting to debunk.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Jon the frog on 13 June, 2021, 18:14
Nice that it was not a spermwhale...these beast have teeth!
Comment icon #8 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 13 June, 2021, 22:44
I don't see it, myself. It's a "maybe" thing. This is about††barotrauma, which a doctor was suspicious of him for not having it.††LINK on barotrauma † † "Diagnosis In most cases, the symptoms will clear up before a person can see their doctor. However, if the pain is severe or constantly recurring, or there is fluid leakage or bleeding from the ear, a person should see their doctor. †

191141

Uri Geller claims that he saw aliens at NASA
7-24-2021
Celebrity spoon-bender Uri Geller claims that he saw 'refrigerated aliens' during his time working with NASA.
Mars InSight mission unveils surprising secrets
7-23-2021
The space probe, which landed in 2018, has revealed some surprising findings about the planet's interior.
Real-life 'revenant' rescued after bear attack
7-23-2021
A man has been rescued from the Alaskan wilderness after enduring repeated attacks by a grizzly bear.
USAF report references 'defensive force fields'
7-22-2021
The report, which focuses on directed energy weapons, suggests that force fields could soon become a reality.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball