Thursday, December 8, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Creatures, Myths & Legends > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Creatures, Myths & Legends

Hunter claims to have had Bigfoot in his sights 'for 20 minutes'

By T.K. Randall
July 18, 2022 · Comment icon 30 comments

Who or what did the hunter see ? Image Credit: Steve Baxter / Pexels
The harrowing encounter was recently recalled during an interview on the 'Sasquatch Chronicles' podcast.
Does an unidentified species of intelligent, bipedal hominid roam the forests of North America ? One man, who goes only by the name of 'Bo', certainly seems to think so.

The anonymous hunter recently spoke out on the popular cryptozoology podcast about an encounter during which he claimed to have had the creature in his rifle sights for the better part of 20 minutes.

It happened back in 1999 when he had been hunting in South Carolina with his father.

"Immediately, when I seen it, it was so black that I thought it was a bear," he recalled.

"I put my gun up on the shooting rail and scoped it. It was going down to the ground and stands up real tall - like a person."
Initially believing it to be someone in a Ghillie (camouflage) suit, he attempted to use the scope of his rifle to look for evidence of boots, gloves or other identifying items of clothing, however he was unable to see anything to indicate that what he was looking at was a human being.

"It looked like something you seen in an army movie when snipers crawl through the dirt," he said.

"This thing had big shoulders and a big back."

A short time later, the mysterious figure walked over to a tree, scratched itself against the bark and at one point even came within 40 yards of him before disappearing into the brush.

Despite having a clear shot, however, the hunter chose not to fire on his target.

Source: Daily Star | Comments (30)

Comment icon #21 Posted by the13bats 5 months ago
Was that in Australia? If so it might have just been openozy on a hunt.
Comment icon #22 Posted by the13bats 5 months ago
My nerves OCD etc playing hell on me today plus feel crappy and facing a work weekend so ill stop whining, you gave me a thread idea.....
Comment icon #23 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 5 months ago
Why do I not believe this guy? 20 minutes, is why
Comment icon #24 Posted by Alchopwn 5 months ago
If you have a dead specimen, you can have it positively identified. Well if they want to put on their†fursona†in public, then they have to take their chances.† While the hilarious†story about the trans-species guy who dressed as a deer and got shot†is satire, it is also a realistic scenario. Not even if it was hunting you?
Comment icon #25 Posted by CloudSix 3 months ago
It was an ironic comment on the state of your gun laws and an attempt to ridicule hunters with 30k dollars worth of gear shooting animals in the forest.† That kind of adrenaline rush is sad
Comment icon #26 Posted by Trelane 3 months ago
Everyone has there 'thing" to be dismissive and objectively disrespectful of one because it doesn't align with your sensibilities is childish. Commenting on a past time that millions enjoy isn't sad. You feeling compelled to post a ham fisted ironic statement about is. Good day to you.
Comment icon #27 Posted by OverSword 3 months ago
This picture reminded me of a time I took a picture of my friend and his son when we were hiking with my friends cell phone and later on noticed there was a cougar staring at them from behind a tree about ten feet away that we never noticed at the time.† Amazing how cats can blend right in with the surroundings sometimes.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Tatetopa 3 months ago
I would never do it, but to be pragmatic about it,† you would treat it like an elk you shot during season.† You would butcher it, quarter it and pack the smaller pieces out.† As with an elk , the head and hide would be real identifying trophies.† Just a guess, but an elk is probably heavier than bigfoot, well since we are imagining, we could make it so.† OTH, for scientific curiosity, if you are thinking clearly, you would take the innards too which adds some weight.† †††If you are really thinking clearly, you would watch for the 20 minutes, marvel, go back to the campfire and take another dri... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by Alchopwn 3 months ago
I suppose if more professional nature photographers were prepared to take BF seriously, they might be able to capture a shot like this.† Who knows?† I spent the weekend out in the Bridgewater triangle (Freetown-Fall River State Forest... It's less muddy than Hockomock Swamp) recently in my ghillie suit with an ultrasound detector.† Yep, I did me some 'Squatchin'.† While I didn't see any BFs, I did detect more ultrasound that I expected to.† Big cats perhaps?
Comment icon #30 Posted by simplybill 3 months ago
Iím not a Bigfoot believer, but to me the 20-minute timeline makes the story more believable, not less believable. I had a similar experience with a mountain lion in Ohio, where supposedly the Eastern Cougar went extinct years ago. I watched it for about 25 minutes, comparing its size to the length of the surrounding grass and the circumference of a nearby small tree. Besides the size, it had the typical tawny color and the long tail of a cougar.† I imagine the hunter in the news article had the same thoughts that I had: ďMy friends arenít going to believe me, so Iím going to make certain that... [More]

Our new book is out now!

The Unexplained Mysteries
Book of Weird News

AVAILABLE NOW

Take a walk on the weird side with this compilation of some of the weirdest stories ever to grace the pages of a newspaper.

Click here to learn more

We need your help!

Support us on Patreon

BONUS CONTENT

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee, you can gain access to a wide range of exclusive perks including our popular 'Lost Ghost Stories' series.

Click here to learn more