Thursday, August 11, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

Hunter claims to have had Bigfoot in his sights 'for 20 minutes'

July 18, 2022 | Comment icon 24 comments

Who or what did the hunter see ? Image Credit: Steve Baxter / Pexels
The harrowing encounter was recently recalled during an interview on the 'Sasquatch Chronicles' podcast.
Does an unidentified species of intelligent, bipedal hominid roam the forests of North America ? One man, who goes only by the name of 'Bo', certainly seems to think so.

The anonymous hunter recently spoke out on the popular cryptozoology podcast about an encounter during which he claimed to have had the creature in his rifle sights for the better part of 20 minutes.

It happened back in 1999 when he had been hunting in South Carolina with his father.

"Immediately, when I seen it, it was so black that I thought it was a bear," he recalled.

"I put my gun up on the shooting rail and scoped it. It was going down to the ground and stands up real tall - like a person."
Initially believing it to be someone in a Ghillie (camouflage) suit, he attempted to use the scope of his rifle to look for evidence of boots, gloves or other identifying items of clothing, however he was unable to see anything to indicate that what he was looking at was a human being.

"It looked like something you seen in an army movie when snipers crawl through the dirt," he said.

"This thing had big shoulders and a big back."

A short time later, the mysterious figure walked over to a tree, scratched itself against the bark and at one point even came within 40 yards of him before disappearing into the brush.

Despite having a clear shot, however, the hunter chose not to fire on his target.

Source: Daily Star | Comments (24)

Comment icon #15 Posted by the13bats 21 days ago
Lol, if that were true and BF existed we wouldnt be here in this thread we would have mancaves full of prem beer cans nudie mags and taxidermed BFs,
Comment icon #16 Posted by Alchopwn 21 days ago
I have to say, I once had to carry/drag an injured friend half a mile to the car to get them out of the woods, and it was hard work, and I was young back then.  Honestly, if I could shoot a lone BF dead and drag it back to a news outlet, I would, but I strongly doubt I could carry or (way more likely) drag it far, if they are as big and as stinky as legends suggest.  Hell, I think you'd be hard pressed to get the body into a ute without a block and tackle or a fair number of helpers.  There is also the possibility that the BF will not be alone, and you won't make it to the ute (if some of the ... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by DanL 21 days ago
Why would you want to shoot something that you couldn't positively identify? Hell, with my luck if I was stupid enough to shoot it I would find that it was really just an idiot in a monkey suit trying to mess with someone!! If I am not certain what it is AND want to kill it to eat or kill it to protect myself it is safe from me. A beast walking around scratching itself on a tree is not worthy of me killing it. I wouldn't shoot a bear if I wasn't hunting them.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Trelane 21 days ago
 I'm sure this fella is very popular around the campfire to tell his stories. Very entertaining, very ridiculous.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Resume 21 days ago
My personal fave footie fable is then one where Ole Foo is tossing around wild pigs.
Comment icon #20 Posted by the13bats 20 days ago
I wouldnt shoot anything but consider this and im in the USA if a person shoots and kills a bigfoot ( not that i believe they exist just waxing ) and its learned postmortem that BF is of the genus homo then the shooter is guilty of homicide and perhaps premeditated if he was out hunting BF.
Comment icon #21 Posted by the13bats 20 days ago
Was that in Australia? If so it might have just been openozy on a hunt.
Comment icon #22 Posted by the13bats 20 days ago
My nerves OCD etc playing hell on me today plus feel crappy and facing a work weekend so ill stop whining, you gave me a thread idea.....
Comment icon #23 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 18 days ago
Why do I not believe this guy? 20 minutes, is why
Comment icon #24 Posted by Alchopwn 16 days ago
If you have a dead specimen, you can have it positively identified. Well if they want to put on their fursona in public, then they have to take their chances.  While the hilarious story about the trans-species guy who dressed as a deer and got shot is satire, it is also a realistic scenario. Not even if it was hunting you?

Total Posts: 7,311,375    Topics: 300,797    Members: 197,975