Wednesday, October 14, 2015   |   4,577 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Police reveal paranormal call-outs

Posted on Monday, 30 December, 2013 | Comment icon 20 comments

The police have received hundreds of calls about paranormal activity. Image Credit:
Police officers in England and Wales have attended numerous paranormal call-outs in the last 3 years.
The recent rise in popularity of paranormal TV shows such as 'Ghost Hunters' has brought with it a subsequent increase in the number of people reporting cases of paranormal activity within their own homes.

Recently released statistical figures across England and Wales have revealed that more than 277 calls pertaining to paranormal phenomena were received over the last three years. These range from claims of demonic possession to reports of ghost and poltergeist sightings.

Some of the most bizarre examples include a call from a man in Devon who insisted that he'd been visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past, a train passenger who claimed that the London to Edinburgh line was being frequented by warlocks and the strange case of a caller from Hertfordshire who called the police on the basis that they believed that their partner was "some kind of vampire".

Source: Plymouth Herald | Comments (20)

Tags: Ghost, Paranormal, Police

Comment icon #11 Posted by DigitalAcolyte on 31 December, 2013, 4:03
Its interesting how people always say "We closed too many asylums", "drugs and mental illness"... No, its just people. People are stupid in the general sense and will jump to the most insane solution possible based on paranoia or recent dealings. Since critical thinking is no longer popular, and common sense is no longer common, all you have to do is insist that they are on fire and they will believe it to be so.
Comment icon #12 Posted by spacelizard667 on 31 December, 2013, 4:19
I would find it hard to take that one seriously too.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Zero2Hero on 31 December, 2013, 11:02
I've always wanted to text that "Dodger" thing and send them a prank. Maybe he should have done that, "Guy hasn't paid, he's 7'2'', approximately 300 years old, wearing bright purple cloak and hood, carrying an ash quarterstaff". I'd be satisfied just getting the automated response saying thanks
Comment icon #14 Posted by freetoroam on 1 January, 2014, 23:13
Just mad people who belong in an asylum. Some people with paranoia are not only a danger to themselves, but potentially to others too. We closed too many asylums.
Comment icon #15 Posted by alfonso on 3 January, 2014, 20:57
what they been smoking ?
Comment icon #16 Posted by slaughtr on 22 January, 2014, 19:31
Some feel its safe to speak on what they have been experiecing.Though you have folks that will make up things for attetion. Skeptics like to trash stuff like this anyway.Some of the cases may be true others just bs.At any rate wether fake calls or not people have long been afraid of ridicule for paranormal things that could be happening.Either way I have had paranormal encounters so nobody can tell me nothing.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Calibeliever on 22 January, 2014, 20:13
In all my years I have never met a soul who wouldn't admit to having something unexplainable happen to them at least once in their lives. I've had experiences, since I was a child, of things that are not easily explained by our simple undesrtanding of physics and our 3 dimmensional space. Having said that, I am a skeptic. I am skeptical of even my own experiences because they haven't been explained sufficiently. It doesn't mean they didn't happen, it just means that my explanation of them may be insufficient. Being a skeptic doesn't mean you're close-minded. It s... [More]
Comment icon #18 Posted by Kaikou on 13 February, 2014, 15:40
Ah. I see what you did there.
Comment icon #19 Posted by WhispersInTheAttic on 13 February, 2014, 20:36
I never heard about this until now; wow people really have been cooking up stories. I doubt they took him seriously, nobody would.
Comment icon #20 Posted by MisterSuperGod on 5 March, 2014, 0:16
For the last time people, meds and booze might sound like a good combo in theory but in practice it's an awful choice! And... done.

West Texas ghost town flyer
9-28-2015 | Texas
Haunted farmhouse
9-28-2015 | Cuaque, Ecuador
UFO sighting over Japan
8-13-2015 | Japan
Twin UFOs on patrol
8-6-2015 | England
Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio
Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA
Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL
Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA