Wednesday, July 23, 2014   |   5,818 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Billionaire claims aging process 'reversed'

Posted on Friday, 28 February, 2014 | Comment icon 35 comments

Can stem cells really reverse the ageing process ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 US Army RDECOM

Fashion mogul Peter Nygard's investment in stem cell research has allegedly resulted in a cure for aging.

The 70-year-old billionaire who lives in the Bahamas has claimed that a stem cell treatment he has been undergoing over the last four years has reversed the aging process in his own body and that he is literally getting younger by the day.

"Stem cells are being used for anti-aging and the University of Miami is doing a study about that to prove that it is true," he said. "They are looking at me, and my markers have shown exactly that I have been actually reversing my aging and getting younger."

Nygard has already invested millions in stem cell research and is looking to set up a new facility in the near future.

"I started stem cells when I wanted to find a cure for my mother who I loved very much and western medicine was not able to cure her, and if I had discovered stem cells a year before, I think that she would still be here with me," he said.

Source: Nine MSN | Comments (35)

Tags: Peter, Nygard, Stem Cells, Ageing

Comment icon #26 Posted by Aus Der Box Skeptisch on 28 February, 2014, 23:45
Whether true or not we need a population that lives longer so we can spread to other planets.
Comment icon #27 Posted by spud the mackem on 1 March, 2014, 0:00
Spend it while you're alive,you can't take anything with you, and he will go the same way as the rest of us.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Lilly on 1 March, 2014, 1:07
Yeah, I call BS as well. When he turns 80 and looks/feels 30 then I'll take notice.
Comment icon #29 Posted by DumpsterJesus on 1 March, 2014, 2:07
It's terminal.
Comment icon #30 Posted by pallidin on 1 March, 2014, 4:39
Perhaps... I heard it from here:
Comment icon #31 Posted by highdesert50 on 1 March, 2014, 12:40
While the process may impact the physiological aspects of the person, what about the psychological? The physical pains of aging due may be deterred, but how does one deal with the mental burdens of many, many decades of life-experiences? Is not the extension of lifespan simply to allay our fears of death? It seems a greater goal might be to satisfy our spiritual needs in life so as to transition the reality of death.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Uncle Sam on 1 March, 2014, 17:04
Only reason I would like to have stem cell treatment is to fix my hearing, after that I wouldn't care if I age or get injured heavily, I would be glad to be able to hear and interact with people. If I was given an chance of regaining my hearing through clinical trails by using stem cells, I would accept it in a heartbeat because I would be able to do things that I could before. Using Stem Cells to improve your live oppose to becoming immortal is better, because then I can experience life in the fullest compared to someone who lived two hundred years, they would become extremely anti-social... [More]
Comment icon #33 Posted by Blueguardian on 2 March, 2014, 15:15
Some comes up with a possible way to reverse ageing and the first comments I read are people correcting each over over spelling of aging. And now my post is about spelling, oh dear :/ :P I'd be kinda worried if they couldn't stop the 'getting younger by the day' part. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. Your're right Uncle Sam, to survive for 200 or even 300 years would be result in a crazy amount of instability emotionally I imagine.
Comment icon #34 Posted by langley on 11 March, 2014, 16:46
He still looks 70 to me!
Comment icon #35 Posted by Hankenhunter on 12 March, 2014, 5:26
Who wants to live forever. *Queen*

Weird numbers and death