Sunday, April 30, 2017

Billionaire claims aging process 'reversed'

Posted on Friday, 28 February, 2014 | Comment icon 39 comments

Can stem cells really reverse the ageing process ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 US Army RDECOM
Fashion mogul Peter Nygard's investment in stem cell research has allegedly resulted in a cure for aging.
The 70-year-old billionaire who lives in the Bahamas has claimed that a stem cell treatment he has been undergoing over the last four years has reversed the aging process in his own body and that he is literally getting younger by the day.

"Stem cells are being used for anti-aging and the University of Miami is doing a study about that to prove that it is true," he said. "They are looking at me, and my markers have shown exactly that I have been actually reversing my aging and getting younger."

Nygard has already invested millions in stem cell research and is looking to set up a new facility in the near future.

"I started stem cells when I wanted to find a cure for my mother who I loved very much and western medicine was not able to cure her, and if I had discovered stem cells a year before, I think that she would still be here with me," he said.

Source: Nine MSN | Comments (39)

Tags: Peter, Nygard, Stem Cells, Ageing

Comment icon #30 Posted by pallidin on 1 March, 2014, 4:39
There is no such a thing as British English, that is called English, all others use dialects (before some Briton tells you more sternly) Perhaps... I heard it from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing
Comment icon #31 Posted by highdesert50 on 1 March, 2014, 12:40
While the process may impact the physiological aspects of the person, what about the psychological? The physical pains of aging due may be deterred, but how does one deal with the mental burdens of many, many decades of life-experiences? Is not the extension of lifespan simply to allay our fears of death? It seems a greater goal might be to satisfy our spiritual needs in life so as to transition the reality of death.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Uncle Sam on 1 March, 2014, 17:04
Only reason I would like to have stem cell treatment is to fix my hearing, after that I wouldn't care if I age or get injured heavily, I would be glad to be able to hear and interact with people. If I was given an chance of regaining my hearing through clinical trails by using stem cells, I would accept it in a heartbeat because I would be able to do things that I could before. Using Stem Cells to improve your live oppose to becoming immortal is better, because then I can experience life in the fullest compared to someone who lived two hundred years, they would become extremely anti-social and... [More]
Comment icon #33 Posted by Blueguardian on 2 March, 2014, 15:15
Some comes up with a possible way to reverse ageing and the first comments I read are people correcting each over over spelling of aging. And now my post is about spelling, oh dear :/ I'd be kinda worried if they couldn't stop the 'getting younger by the day' part. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. Your're right Uncle Sam, to survive for 200 or even 300 years would be result in a crazy amount of instability emotionally I imagine.
Comment icon #34 Posted by langley on 11 March, 2014, 16:46
He still looks 70 to me!
Comment icon #35 Posted by Hankenhunter on 12 March, 2014, 5:26
Who wants to live forever. *Queen*
Comment icon #36 Posted by Second_chance on 4 September, 2014, 13:54
First of all, believe we have more then enough liars and opportunists on this spinning piece of solar driftwood, so please don't include me with those untruthful demons for i speak only truth... I honestly haven't thought much about this reversing aging jazz. Fact is, i would be the first to call this rich dude a liar right to his face. Now doing just that must be considered an impossibility for me. Don't think that way any longer. i was once an old gray-haired middle-aged mass of disgusting blubber once. Then recently had a cancerous kidney removed. Lord knows its been a slow painful recovery... [More]
Comment icon #37 Posted by Alas_113 on 4 September, 2014, 18:11
The Curious Case of Peter Nygard!
Comment icon #38 Posted by Mr Supertypo on 11 September, 2014, 16:56
hey if he did it...good for him. We will see if its true in few years...
Comment icon #39 Posted by Junior Chubb on 11 September, 2014, 21:51
Someone bump this thread when he dies please...

Joint life-seeking Europa mission proposed
4-30-2017
A new proposal has been put forward to send a spacecraft to look for signs of alien life on Europa.
Did Vikings bury, cremate 'dead' houses ?
4-30-2017
There is evidence to suggest that Viking longhouses were 'buried' by being covered in mounds of Earth.
Real-life Iron Man shows off suit in Vancouver
4-29-2017
The inventor of the impressive flying suit demonstrated his creation at this week's TED conference.
Cassini survives, returns breathtaking images
4-29-2017
NASA's Cassini spacecraft has captured a series of impressive new photos during its death-defying dive.
Slow motion destruction
Posted 4-30-2017 | 0 comments
Gav returns with a video showing wanton destruction in glorious slow motion.

Giant Rolo
Posted 4-29-2017 | 1 comment
Barry and James create the world's largest Rolo using piles and piles of chocolate.

Gliding leaf frogs
Posted 4-28-2017 | 0 comments
These remarkable amphibians use their webbed feet to help them glide through the air.

Venus flytrap anemone
Posted 4-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at one particularly unusual creature which lives down at the bottom of the ocean.

Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Is the Boar Man real ?
4-26-2017 | Wichita Mountains, Oklahoma

Possessed boom box 1988
4-26-2017 | Santa Ana

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles