Thursday, March 23, 2017

Billionaire claims aging process 'reversed'

Posted on Friday, 28 February, 2014 | Comment icon 39 comments

Can stem cells really reverse the ageing process ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 US Army RDECOM
Fashion mogul Peter Nygard's investment in stem cell research has allegedly resulted in a cure for aging.
The 70-year-old billionaire who lives in the Bahamas has claimed that a stem cell treatment he has been undergoing over the last four years has reversed the aging process in his own body and that he is literally getting younger by the day.

"Stem cells are being used for anti-aging and the University of Miami is doing a study about that to prove that it is true," he said. "They are looking at me, and my markers have shown exactly that I have been actually reversing my aging and getting younger."

Nygard has already invested millions in stem cell research and is looking to set up a new facility in the near future.

"I started stem cells when I wanted to find a cure for my mother who I loved very much and western medicine was not able to cure her, and if I had discovered stem cells a year before, I think that she would still be here with me," he said.

Source: Nine MSN | Comments (39)

Tags: Peter, Nygard, Stem Cells, Ageing

Comment icon #30 Posted by pallidin on 1 March, 2014, 4:39
There is no such a thing as British English, that is called English, all others use dialects (before some Briton tells you more sternly) Perhaps... I heard it from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing
Comment icon #31 Posted by highdesert50 on 1 March, 2014, 12:40
While the process may impact the physiological aspects of the person, what about the psychological? The physical pains of aging due may be deterred, but how does one deal with the mental burdens of many, many decades of life-experiences? Is not the extension of lifespan simply to allay our fears of death? It seems a greater goal might be to satisfy our spiritual needs in life so as to transition the reality of death.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Uncle Sam on 1 March, 2014, 17:04
Only reason I would like to have stem cell treatment is to fix my hearing, after that I wouldn't care if I age or get injured heavily, I would be glad to be able to hear and interact with people. If I was given an chance of regaining my hearing through clinical trails by using stem cells, I would accept it in a heartbeat because I would be able to do things that I could before. Using Stem Cells to improve your live oppose to becoming immortal is better, because then I can experience life in the fullest compared to someone who lived two hundred years, they would become extremely anti-social and... [More]
Comment icon #33 Posted by Blueguardian on 2 March, 2014, 15:15
Some comes up with a possible way to reverse ageing and the first comments I read are people correcting each over over spelling of aging. And now my post is about spelling, oh dear :/ I'd be kinda worried if they couldn't stop the 'getting younger by the day' part. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. Your're right Uncle Sam, to survive for 200 or even 300 years would be result in a crazy amount of instability emotionally I imagine.
Comment icon #34 Posted by langley on 11 March, 2014, 16:46
He still looks 70 to me!
Comment icon #35 Posted by Hankenhunter on 12 March, 2014, 5:26
Who wants to live forever. *Queen*
Comment icon #36 Posted by Second_chance on 4 September, 2014, 13:54
First of all, believe we have more then enough liars and opportunists on this spinning piece of solar driftwood, so please don't include me with those untruthful demons for i speak only truth... I honestly haven't thought much about this reversing aging jazz. Fact is, i would be the first to call this rich dude a liar right to his face. Now doing just that must be considered an impossibility for me. Don't think that way any longer. i was once an old gray-haired middle-aged mass of disgusting blubber once. Then recently had a cancerous kidney removed. Lord knows its been a slow painful recovery... [More]
Comment icon #37 Posted by Alas_113 on 4 September, 2014, 18:11
The Curious Case of Peter Nygard!
Comment icon #38 Posted by Mr Supertypo on 11 September, 2014, 16:56
hey if he did it...good for him. We will see if its true in few years...
Comment icon #39 Posted by Junior Chubb on 11 September, 2014, 21:51
Someone bump this thread when he dies please...

Sleepwalker visits store, tries to buy melon
3-23-2017
A 23-year-old woman had to be escorted home by police after sleepwalking in to a local supermarket.
Scotland could be birthplace of the dinosaurs
3-23-2017
A major shakeup of the dinosaur family tree has suggested that they may have originated in the UK.
Video of giant chicken freaks out the Internet
3-23-2017
Footage of what appears to be an abnormally large chicken has gone viral after appearing on Twitter.
Trump signs new bill to send humans to Mars
3-22-2017
$19.5 billion has been authorized to support a renewed commitment to NASA's manned space program.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Searching for Japanese bats
Posted 3-23-2017 | 0 comments
The Rimizu limestone caves in Japan are an ideal place to look for hibernating bats.

ISS astronauts answer questions
Posted 3-22-2017 | 0 comments
Shane Kimbrough and Peggy Whitson discuss life in space and what they've been up to.

World's largest surfed wave
Posted 3-21-2017 | 1 comment
Extreme waterman Garrett McNamara surfed this 78ft wave in Portugal back in 2011.

How long do animals sleep ?
Posted 3-20-2017 | 3 comments
Some animals sleep for a mere two hours while others spend most of the day asleep.

Ocean volcanoes and alien life
Posted 3-19-2017 | 0 comments
Studying 'extremophiles' in Earth's harshest environments could teach us about life on other worlds.

My nightly occurrences