Wednesday, February 22, 2017

'Poltergeist' activity filmed inside store

Posted on Thursday, 27 March, 2014 | Comment icon 46 comments

What caused the glass lid to fly on to the floor ? Image Credit: YouTube / WMUR
A surveillance video recorded the moment a glass lid appeared to fly across the room all on its own.
Staff at the Ellacoya Country Store in Gilford, New Hampshire have been left perplexed by the footage which shows an object being hurled across the shop despite nobody else being in the room at the time.

"I heard this big bang," said Heidi Boyd who works at the store and had been in another room when the incident happened. "I walked around and looked and I was on the floor. It's still freaking me out."

"It didn't make sense to her," added manager Lisa Giles. "However, anyone who's been here a substantial amount of time has seen something. When we first opened the place, we saw the ghost of a man standing in the doorway."

The footage has been met with a significant degree of both intrigue and skepticism, with critics arguing that the incident could have been staged to gain publicity, something the video appears to have succeeded in doing.

"When examining this claim, you need to apply a little common sense and examine the most likely reason, and not jump right to the paranormal explanation," said paranormal investigator Bryan Bonner.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (46)

Tags: Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #37 Posted by sam_comm on 5 April, 2014, 21:09
It's a pity that all cctv footage is so grainy. Makes it hard to determine whether any props were involved. I found the raw video to be of passable quality for a CCTV, actually. If you have not seen it here is the link: http://www.wmur.com/...-store/25095448
Comment icon #38 Posted by JGirl on 6 April, 2014, 16:57
It just slid off. That's all. Some customer put the cover back on wrong. If she would show the whole day you could find the person who put it on wrong. how do you know
Comment icon #39 Posted by Calibeliever on 7 April, 2014, 15:24
Little things often have been happening there, since they moved the shop to that building about three months ago. My father suspects it may be the spirits of Native Americans haunting the place, considering it is on the edge of a very large old river system. Whether it is a Native American spirit, or a lapse in time causing the re-occurrence of past/future events, "hauntings" of this kind are very much common around here. Sounds like a neat place. If I lived anywhere near there I'd love to be part of an investigation. I hope someone does one soon and posts some good stuff!
Comment icon #40 Posted by MyOtherAccount on 10 April, 2014, 22:26
*** BE AWARE *** If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below, the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!! My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from *snip* (the two EVM links below). *** BE AWARE *** On first blush I was concerned that the gray blotch was a Photoshop smudge to hide a person's head and arm--at the place where the customer pays for merchandise/hiding behind the counter--but I suppose poltergeists could appear as a gray blotch. I inspected it further by running it through MIT's new video processor, the *snip* (EVM). The implementation is at *sn... [More]
Comment icon #41 Posted by WierdHalfling on 11 April, 2014, 0:19
Cool stuff, the clarified vid shows a possible image manipulation job where the actors have been seemingly dleted or brushed out of the frames but the glass object left in or its the first 'Ghostly' vid I've ever seen
Comment icon #42 Posted by Daughter of the Nine Moons on 11 April, 2014, 0:53
*** BE AWARE *** If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below, the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!! My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from *snip* (the two EVM links below). *** BE AWARE *** Please read the PM coming your way
Comment icon #43 Posted by Brian Topp on 11 April, 2014, 2:48
*** BE AWARE *** If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below, the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!! My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from *snip* Kinda daft, No evidence is worth the virus infection.
Comment icon #44 Posted by sinewave on 11 April, 2014, 3:17
The thing that is interesting about most videos like this is how perfectly framed the moving objects are. The cameras are very often perfectly placed to pickup the action. In this case it is dead center in the frame.
Comment icon #45 Posted by Calibeliever on 11 April, 2014, 15:59
Comment icon #46 Posted by MyOtherAccount on 11 April, 2014, 22:08
Kinda daft, No evidence is worth the virus infection. Unfortunately, the third *snip* was completely unnecessary. I reiterate the statement "(the two EVM links below)." The third link is not an EVM site/link, but a video of the EVM result placed on another sight for the convenience of access--a site I control! A site with no virus on a server with no virus, with a host that has no virus! The third *snip* was the evidence provided so no one would be exposed to any virus--otherwise they might have been. I also realized that, being a curious bunch of people, someone here would: desire to look up ... [More]

Amazing 'fire rainbow' spotted over Singapore
2-22-2017
The breathtaking natural phenomenon was photographed by dozens of people on Monday afternoon.
Mystery surrounds Europe radiation spike
2-21-2017
An unexplained spike in radiation was picked up across a number of European countries last month.
Elusive tree boa rediscovered after 64 years
2-21-2017
One of the world's rarest snakes has been sighted again for the first time in more than six decades.
NASA to reveal 'major exoplanet discovery'
2-21-2017
The space agency is due to announce its latest findings at a press conference on Wednesday morning.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Giant horse conch
Posted 2-22-2017 | 0 comments
A huge conch makes light work of a tulip snail which fails to make its escape.

Water on the Moon
Posted 2-21-2017 | 2 comments
For a long time scientists thought the Moon was bone dry, but as it turns out - it isn't.

'Spider Boy' contortionist
Posted 2-20-2017 | 2 comments
Teenager Mohammed Alsheikh performed 38 full body spins while maintaining a chest stand.

Slow motion football explosion
Posted 2-19-2017 | 0 comments
What happens when you over-inflate a football ? The Slo Mo Guys investigate.

Long-term space travel and isolation
Posted 2-18-2017 | 1 comment
Not everyone is cut out for the isolation of traveling long distances through space.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.