Monday, August 21, 2017

'Poltergeist' activity filmed inside store

Posted on Thursday, 27 March, 2014 | Comment icon 46 comments

What caused the glass lid to fly on to the floor ? Image Credit: YouTube / WMUR
A surveillance video recorded the moment a glass lid appeared to fly across the room all on its own.
Staff at the Ellacoya Country Store in Gilford, New Hampshire have been left perplexed by the footage which shows an object being hurled across the shop despite nobody else being in the room at the time.

"I heard this big bang," said Heidi Boyd who works at the store and had been in another room when the incident happened. "I walked around and looked and I was on the floor. It's still freaking me out."

"It didn't make sense to her," added manager Lisa Giles. "However, anyone who's been here a substantial amount of time has seen something. When we first opened the place, we saw the ghost of a man standing in the doorway."

The footage has been met with a significant degree of both intrigue and skepticism, with critics arguing that the incident could have been staged to gain publicity, something the video appears to have succeeded in doing.

"When examining this claim, you need to apply a little common sense and examine the most likely reason, and not jump right to the paranormal explanation," said paranormal investigator Bryan Bonner.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (46)

Tags: Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #37 Posted by sam_comm on 5 April, 2014, 21:09
It's a pity that all cctv footage is so grainy. Makes it hard to determine whether any props were involved. I found the raw video to be of passable quality for a CCTV, actually. If you have not seen it here is the link: http://www.wmur.com/...-store/25095448
Comment icon #38 Posted by JGirl on 6 April, 2014, 16:57
It just slid off. That's all. Some customer put the cover back on wrong. If she would show the whole day you could find the person who put it on wrong. how do you know
Comment icon #39 Posted by Calibeliever on 7 April, 2014, 15:24
Little things often have been happening there, since they moved the shop to that building about three months ago. My father suspects it may be the spirits of Native Americans haunting the place, considering it is on the edge of a very large old river system. Whether it is a Native American spirit, or a lapse in time causing the re-occurrence of past/future events, "hauntings" of this kind are very much common around here. Sounds like a neat place. If I lived anywhere near there I'd love to be part of an investigation. I hope someone does one soon and posts some good stuff!
Comment icon #40 Posted by MyOtherAccount on 10 April, 2014, 22:26
*** BE AWARE *** If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below, the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!! My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from *snip* (the two EVM links below). *** BE AWARE *** On first blush I was concerned that the gray blotch was a Photoshop smudge to hide a person's head and arm--at the place where the customer pays for merchandise/hiding behind the counter--but I suppose poltergeists could appear as a gray blotch. I inspected it further by running it through MIT's new video processor, the *snip* (EVM). The implementation is at *sn... [More]
Comment icon #41 Posted by WierdHalfling on 11 April, 2014, 0:19
Cool stuff, the clarified vid shows a possible image manipulation job where the actors have been seemingly dleted or brushed out of the frames but the glass object left in or its the first 'Ghostly' vid I've ever seen
Comment icon #42 Posted by Daughter of the Nine Moons on 11 April, 2014, 0:53
*** BE AWARE *** If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below, the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!! My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from *snip* (the two EVM links below). *** BE AWARE *** Please read the PM coming your way
Comment icon #43 Posted by Brian Topp on 11 April, 2014, 2:48
*** BE AWARE *** If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below, the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!! My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from *snip* Kinda daft, No evidence is worth the virus infection.
Comment icon #44 Posted by sinewave on 11 April, 2014, 3:17
The thing that is interesting about most videos like this is how perfectly framed the moving objects are. The cameras are very often perfectly placed to pickup the action. In this case it is dead center in the frame.
Comment icon #45 Posted by Calibeliever on 11 April, 2014, 15:59
Comment icon #46 Posted by MyOtherAccount on 11 April, 2014, 22:08
Kinda daft, No evidence is worth the virus infection. Unfortunately, the third *snip* was completely unnecessary. I reiterate the statement "(the two EVM links below)." The third link is not an EVM site/link, but a video of the EVM result placed on another sight for the convenience of access--a site I control! A site with no virus on a server with no virus, with a host that has no virus! The third *snip* was the evidence provided so no one would be exposed to any virus--otherwise they might have been. I also realized that, being a curious bunch of people, someone here would: desire to look up ... [More]

Man has a live gecko removed from his ear
8-20-2017
A man in China got the surprise of his life after visiting the doctor with severe pain in his ear.
Three-mile-wide asteroid to pass by the Earth
8-20-2017
The huge space rock is due to pass within a safe distance of our planet at the beginning of September.
USS Indianapolis wreck found 70 years on
8-20-2017
The wreckage of a cruiser sank by a Japanese submarine 70 years ago has finally been discovered.
'Apocalyptic' cloud hangs over town in Brazil
8-19-2017
Residents of Teixeira de Freitas were treated to a rather unusual and unnerving spectacle this week.
The napkin ring problem
Posted 8-20-2017 | 0 comments
Why is it that any two 'napkin rings' cut from any sizes of spherical object will have equal volume ?

Why don't we use our parent's names?
Posted 8-19-2017 | 2 comments
Why do we call our parents mom and dad instead of using their actual names ?

Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 2 comments
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia