Friday, May 27, 2016

Woman drinks two bottles of vinegar a week

Posted on Thursday, 25 February, 2016 | Comment icon 39 comments

Anyone for a nice glass of vinegar ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Andrea Levers
19-year-old Ella Ginn has had an insatiable craving for the acidic condiment ever since she was a child.
A splash of vinegar can be nice when added to your fries, but for Ella Ginn, a make-up artist from East Sussex in the UK, a bottle of Sarsons is more of a drink than it is a dinner table condiment.

"I can't even remember when I started drinking vinegar - I must've been really young, I've drunk it for as long as I remember," she said. "I drink at least a glass a day, and have it on all my food too."

Having previously downed two bottles of classic malt vinegar every week, the 19-year-old has more recently turned to apple cider vinegar because she believes it helps her to lose weight.

"I just love the taste," she said. "It's really sour, but I love it - my favorite bit is when it burns in my chest. I always sip it - I've tried to glug it down in one but that hurts."

Health experts such as nutrition scientist Helena Gibson-Moore however have warned that drinking so much vinegar is probably not a good idea as the long-term side-effects are unpredictable.

"Research looking at potential benefits is limited, with small studies mostly in rats, so there is currently no robust evidence to support health benefits in humans," she said.

"Vinegar consumed in small amounts is unlikely to cause harm in most people, however the long term effects of drinking large amounts of vinegar regularly are unclear."

Source: Mail Online | Comments (39)

Tags: Vinegar, Food, Drink

Comment icon #30 Posted by psyche101 on 29 February, 2016, 6:22
No, drinking is not anatomically impossible. Rather silly comment really. Because someone like Apple Cider Vinegar, Aliens visit earth do they now? Slipped past the nurse again, didn't you.
Comment icon #31 Posted by stevewinn on 29 February, 2016, 11:06
I've known two people who both drank vinegar like in this story both were dead with Cancer before the age of 35. and one lad in work age 20 drinks it the same i've done my best to put him off, but i don't hold out much hope for him getting past 35 either.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Mangoze on 29 February, 2016, 11:48
Comment icon #33 Posted by simplybill on 29 February, 2016, 16:04
The results of Gideon's 4-week high fiber diet were interesting. I would've expected a longer time before the results were that obvious. I've had good results with ACV, even with using only 2-3 tablespoons, four times a week. That seems to be the "sweet spot" for me. It's powerful stuff. I can't imagine why anyone would think that drinking it by the bottle could be healthy.
Comment icon #34 Posted by LucidElement on 1 March, 2016, 6:35
Wow..... Health experts like this lady really made a scientific breakthrough by saying this about vinegar.. (According to the article) "Health experts such as nutrition scientist Helena Gibson-Moore however have warned that drinking so much vinegar is probably not a good idea as the long-term side-effects are unpredictable" Guess what Helena, I'm not a scientist but I bet drinking gasoline is probably not a good idea either
Comment icon #35 Posted by kobolds on 1 March, 2016, 7:12
i eat 2 cloves of raw Garlic everyday . no matter how tired after a day, the next morning my mind light and clear, and i feel full energy . when i stop eating for 2 weeks , my body keep feeling tired and my mind feel clouded . don't try by using supplement Garlic , use raw garlic . i try before but it's not giving same effect . I guess something is missing in process of creating the pills or capsules
Comment icon #36 Posted by LucidElement on 1 March, 2016, 14:25
Your mind may be light and clear, but your breathe probably isnt very light =) lol.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Darkenpath25 on 2 March, 2016, 18:18
If she like's it then no harm done Maybe it's a good cleanse
Comment icon #38 Posted by Dyna on 19 March, 2016, 19:46
Cancer does not like a low PH environment so it must not have been ACV

Government study finds cellphone-cancer link
5-27-2016
The findings suggest that exposure to cellphone radiation may cause brain and heart cancers in rats.
Giant squid may grow larger than a school bus
5-27-2016
A new study has suggested that giant squid may actually grow to be much larger than previously believed.
Aristotle's lost tomb has finally been found
5-26-2016
The long-sought final resting place of the Greek philosopher has been unearthed at a site in Macedonia.
New optical clock is most accurate ever built
5-26-2016
Scientists have come up with a clock so accurate that it could even redefine the length of a second.
Seeking new antibiotics under the sea
Posted 5-27-2016 | 2 comments
Scientists are seeking new treatments for antibiotic-resistant infections beneath the waves.

World's first mile-long pizza
Posted 5-26-2016 | 1 comment
Italian chefs have produced a single gigantic pizza that stretches for an entire mile.

What happened before the Big Bang ?
Posted 5-22-2016 | 4 comments
Is it possible to find out what took place before our universe came in to existence ?

Prehistoric creatures that still exist
Posted 5-21-2016 | 1 comment
A look at some remarkable animal species that have survived for millions of years.

Why do we have 10 fingers and 10 toes ?
Posted 5-20-2016 | 2 comments
What is the reason that we happen to have exactly 10 fingers and toes ? Why that number ?

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas