Thursday, October 19, 2017

Woman drinks two bottles of vinegar a week

Posted on Thursday, 25 February, 2016 | Comment icon 38 comments

Anyone for a nice glass of vinegar ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Andrea Levers
19-year-old Ella Ginn has had an insatiable craving for the acidic condiment ever since she was a child.
A splash of vinegar can be nice when added to your fries, but for Ella Ginn, a make-up artist from East Sussex in the UK, a bottle of Sarsons is more of a drink than it is a dinner table condiment.

"I can't even remember when I started drinking vinegar - I must've been really young, I've drunk it for as long as I remember," she said. "I drink at least a glass a day, and have it on all my food too."

Having previously downed two bottles of classic malt vinegar every week, the 19-year-old has more recently turned to apple cider vinegar because she believes it helps her to lose weight.

"I just love the taste," she said. "It's really sour, but I love it - my favorite bit is when it burns in my chest. I always sip it - I've tried to glug it down in one but that hurts."

Health experts such as nutrition scientist Helena Gibson-Moore however have warned that drinking so much vinegar is probably not a good idea as the long-term side-effects are unpredictable.

"Research looking at potential benefits is limited, with small studies mostly in rats, so there is currently no robust evidence to support health benefits in humans," she said.

"Vinegar consumed in small amounts is unlikely to cause harm in most people, however the long term effects of drinking large amounts of vinegar regularly are unclear."

Source: Mail Online | Comments (38)

Tags: Vinegar, Food, Drink

Comment icon #29 Posted by poohbear on 28 February, 2016, 17:47
Once met a single Mother of four and was invited round for Sunday roast dinner. It was served up and looked and smelled like something you would expect in a classy farmhouse restaurant...Steaming beef,veg and Yorkshire puddings covered in gravy...MMMMMM! As I sprinkled a pinch of salt on mine her kids reached for a bottle of vinegar on the table and one by one doused their food in vinegar...and I mean DOUSED! It seemed the little darlings had picked up this habit from God knows where and soaked every hot meal with vinegar no matter what it was.The Mother said they had done it for years and she... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by psyche101 on 29 February, 2016, 6:22
it's a lie . Anatomically is impossible. The story is not real ! If you accept this, then you have to accept that UFO;s are real and Mars is crowded with life and advanced aliens. No, drinking is not anatomically impossible. Rather silly comment really. Because someone like Apple Cider Vinegar, Aliens visit earth do they now? Slipped past the nurse again, didn't you.
Comment icon #31 Posted by stevewinn on 29 February, 2016, 11:06
Comment icon #32 Posted by Mangoze on 29 February, 2016, 11:48
NARRATIONThis is no social drink. Professor Matt Cooper and I may be medicating ourselves. But they won't be adding these tipples to the wine list anytime soon. We're downing different kinds of vinegar because it could turn out to be a medicine. http://www.abc.net.a...ies/4070977.htmhttp://youtu.be/CfDpM9D_if4?t=610
Comment icon #33 Posted by simplybill on 29 February, 2016, 16:04
http://www.abc.net.a...ies/4070977.htmhttp://youtu.be/CfDpM9D_if4?t=610 The results of Gideon's 4-week high fiber diet were interesting. I would've expected a longer time before the results were that obvious. I've had good results with ACV, even with using only 2-3 tablespoons, four times a week. That seems to be the "sweet spot" for me. It's powerful stuff. I can't imagine why anyone would think that drinking it by the bottle could be healthy.
Comment icon #34 Posted by LucidElement on 1 March, 2016, 6:35
Wow..... Health experts like this lady really made a scientific breakthrough by saying this about vinegar.. (According to the article) "Health experts such as nutrition scientist Helena Gibson-Moore however have warned that drinking so much vinegar is probably not a good idea as the long-term side-effects are unpredictable" Guess what Helena, I'm not a scientist but I bet drinking gasoline is probably not a good idea either
Comment icon #35 Posted by kobolds on 1 March, 2016, 7:12
Comment icon #36 Posted by LucidElement on 1 March, 2016, 14:25
i eat 2 cloves of raw Garlic everyday . no matter how tired after a day, the next morning my mind light and clear, and i feel full energy . when i stop eating for 2 weeks , my body keep feeling tired and my mind feel clouded . don't try by using supplement Garlic , use raw garlic . i try before but it's not giving same effect . I guess something is missing in process of creating the pills or capsules Your mind may be light and clear, but your breathe probably isnt very light =) lol.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Darkenpath25 on 2 March, 2016, 18:18
If she like's it then no harm done Maybe it's a good cleanse
Comment icon #38 Posted by Dyna on 19 March, 2016, 19:46
I've known two people who both drank vinegar like in this story both were dead with Cancer before the age of 35. and one lad in work age 20 drinks it the same i've done my best to put him off, but i don't hold out much hope for him getting past 35 either. Cancer does not like a low PH environment so it must not have been ACV Raw ACV is the only vinegar that is alkaline-forming to the body. All other vinegars (white, balsamic, red wine, etc) are acid-forming. For a health balanced pH, raw apple cider vinegar is one of the best things to add to your diet.Jun 12, 2012

When you die you are aware that you are dead
10-19-2017
A new study has suggested that the mind can still be active even after the body stops showing signs of life.
Google invents an AI that learns on its own
10-18-2017
The search giant has developed an artificial intelligence capable of learning without human intervention.
Saturn's rings are raining down methane
10-18-2017
NASA has revealed the discovery of methane and other chemicals in the gas giant's upper atmosphere.
48 million-year-old bird fossil unearthed
10-18-2017
A prehistoric species of bird that preened itself like a flamingo has been discovered in Germany.
Recreating your face from DNA
Posted 10-18-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to determine someone's appearance from a sample of their DNA ?

Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Dog with world's longest tongue
Posted 10-12-2017 | 2 comments
Meet Mochi Rickert - a female St Bernard with a tongue measuring 18.58 cm in length.

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland