Saturday, June 24, 2017

Woman drinks two bottles of vinegar a week

Posted on Thursday, 25 February, 2016 | Comment icon 38 comments

Anyone for a nice glass of vinegar ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Andrea Levers
19-year-old Ella Ginn has had an insatiable craving for the acidic condiment ever since she was a child.
A splash of vinegar can be nice when added to your fries, but for Ella Ginn, a make-up artist from East Sussex in the UK, a bottle of Sarsons is more of a drink than it is a dinner table condiment.

"I can't even remember when I started drinking vinegar - I must've been really young, I've drunk it for as long as I remember," she said. "I drink at least a glass a day, and have it on all my food too."

Having previously downed two bottles of classic malt vinegar every week, the 19-year-old has more recently turned to apple cider vinegar because she believes it helps her to lose weight.

"I just love the taste," she said. "It's really sour, but I love it - my favorite bit is when it burns in my chest. I always sip it - I've tried to glug it down in one but that hurts."

Health experts such as nutrition scientist Helena Gibson-Moore however have warned that drinking so much vinegar is probably not a good idea as the long-term side-effects are unpredictable.

"Research looking at potential benefits is limited, with small studies mostly in rats, so there is currently no robust evidence to support health benefits in humans," she said.

"Vinegar consumed in small amounts is unlikely to cause harm in most people, however the long term effects of drinking large amounts of vinegar regularly are unclear."

Source: Mail Online | Comments (38)

Tags: Vinegar, Food, Drink

Comment icon #29 Posted by poohbear on 28 February, 2016, 17:47
Once met a single Mother of four and was invited round for Sunday roast dinner. It was served up and looked and smelled like something you would expect in a classy farmhouse restaurant...Steaming beef,veg and Yorkshire puddings covered in gravy...MMMMMM! As I sprinkled a pinch of salt on mine her kids reached for a bottle of vinegar on the table and one by one doused their food in vinegar...and I mean DOUSED! It seemed the little darlings had picked up this habit from God knows where and soaked every hot meal with vinegar no matter what it was.The Mother said they had done it for years and she... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by psyche101 on 29 February, 2016, 6:22
it's a lie . Anatomically is impossible. The story is not real ! If you accept this, then you have to accept that UFO;s are real and Mars is crowded with life and advanced aliens. No, drinking is not anatomically impossible. Rather silly comment really. Because someone like Apple Cider Vinegar, Aliens visit earth do they now? Slipped past the nurse again, didn't you.
Comment icon #31 Posted by stevewinn on 29 February, 2016, 11:06
Comment icon #32 Posted by Mangoze on 29 February, 2016, 11:48
NARRATIONThis is no social drink. Professor Matt Cooper and I may be medicating ourselves. But they won't be adding these tipples to the wine list anytime soon. We're downing different kinds of vinegar because it could turn out to be a medicine. http://www.abc.net.a...ies/4070977.htmhttp://youtu.be/CfDpM9D_if4?t=610
Comment icon #33 Posted by simplybill on 29 February, 2016, 16:04
http://www.abc.net.a...ies/4070977.htmhttp://youtu.be/CfDpM9D_if4?t=610 The results of Gideon's 4-week high fiber diet were interesting. I would've expected a longer time before the results were that obvious. I've had good results with ACV, even with using only 2-3 tablespoons, four times a week. That seems to be the "sweet spot" for me. It's powerful stuff. I can't imagine why anyone would think that drinking it by the bottle could be healthy.
Comment icon #34 Posted by LucidElement on 1 March, 2016, 6:35
Wow..... Health experts like this lady really made a scientific breakthrough by saying this about vinegar.. (According to the article) "Health experts such as nutrition scientist Helena Gibson-Moore however have warned that drinking so much vinegar is probably not a good idea as the long-term side-effects are unpredictable" Guess what Helena, I'm not a scientist but I bet drinking gasoline is probably not a good idea either
Comment icon #35 Posted by kobolds on 1 March, 2016, 7:12
Comment icon #36 Posted by LucidElement on 1 March, 2016, 14:25
i eat 2 cloves of raw Garlic everyday . no matter how tired after a day, the next morning my mind light and clear, and i feel full energy . when i stop eating for 2 weeks , my body keep feeling tired and my mind feel clouded . don't try by using supplement Garlic , use raw garlic . i try before but it's not giving same effect . I guess something is missing in process of creating the pills or capsules Your mind may be light and clear, but your breathe probably isnt very light =) lol.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Darkenpath25 on 2 March, 2016, 18:18
If she like's it then no harm done Maybe it's a good cleanse
Comment icon #38 Posted by Dyna on 19 March, 2016, 19:46
I've known two people who both drank vinegar like in this story both were dead with Cancer before the age of 35. and one lad in work age 20 drinks it the same i've done my best to put him off, but i don't hold out much hope for him getting past 35 either. Cancer does not like a low PH environment so it must not have been ACV Raw ACV is the only vinegar that is alkaline-forming to the body. All other vinegars (white, balsamic, red wine, etc) are acid-forming. For a health balanced pH, raw apple cider vinegar is one of the best things to add to your diet.Jun 12, 2012

Scientists crack mystery of avian egg shape
6-24-2017
Researchers have finally worked out why some bird eggs are rounder while others are more pointy.
Magnetic beam could dispose of old satellites
6-24-2017
A French scientist is working on a novel new way to keep Earth's orbit clear of defunct satellites.
UK UFO files have finally been released
6-24-2017
The National Archives has published a collection of 15 Ministry of Defence files on the subject of UFOs.
Real-life treasure hunt has claimed two lives
6-23-2017
Two people have died while attempting to track down a $2M haul hidden somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.
Predicting disasters
Posted 6-24-2017 | 0 comments
Richard A. Clarke talks about the ways in which catastrophes can be predicted in advance.

How big are spacecraft ?
Posted 6-23-2017 | 2 comments
Most images of spacecraft are set in space, which makes it hard to judge relative size.

Eusocial animals
Posted 6-22-2017 | 1 comment
How do ants and termites manage to create such enormous and impressive structures ?

Seeing the invisible
Posted 6-21-2017 | 0 comments
What if you could see invisible air currents, temperature gradients and pressure differences ?

Record-breaking aviary
Posted 6-20-2017 | 3 comments
The Shukavana bird home in Mysuru, India is home to 468 different species of birds.

Craig is here
6-10-2017 | Phoenix AZ

We saw the same thing!
6-10-2017 | Pooler, GA

Three female faces
6-5-2017 | Illinois (IL)

Encounter at 3:33 AM
6-5-2017 | Budapest

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed