Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mystery 'ape' filmed in La Crescenta woodland

Posted on Thursday, 8 June, 2017 | Comment icon 21 comments

Is there an ape lurking in the woods ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donar Reiskoffer
Wildlife authorities have been investigating the recent sighting of an ape-like creature in California.
Jake Gardiner had been walking along a woodland hiking trail in the La Crescenta foothills last week when he encountered a peculiar uneasiness and the feeling that something was watching him.

Taking out his cellphone, he recorded footage of the surrounding area in the hope of picking something up. To his surprise, when he watched the video back afterwards he noticed what appeared to be a large ape swinging through the trees above.

"You can definitely see a torso and four limbs moving around and swinging around," he said.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has since been investigating the sighting.

"We think that it's a pretty good possibility that it is some kind of ape," said spokesman Andrew Hughan. "These animals are incredibly strong and they can very easily kill or seriously injure a person because - if it turns out to be an ape - this animal is scared, hungry, out of its element."

A news report featuring Gardiner's footage of the creature can be viewed below.

Source: KTLA.com | Comments (21)

Tags: California, Ape, Monkey

Comment icon #12 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 9:42
he says he pulled out the phone to record due to hearing noise. He also stated that he did not see anything and only noticed the 'thing' when reviewing the footage... However...when you watch the he is scanning from left to right, then suddenly the 'thing' goes into shot briefly...then he instantly starts to move the filming from right to left...at speed. exactly as you would do if you scanned passed something then quickly reverse your scanning to try and capture what just came into shot briefly... he would not have done this if he did not see anything, which suggests a hoax and he didn't thin... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by Merc14 on 9 June, 2017, 13:36
Good catch quill. Also, if I am in the woods and hear something very odd I use my vision to locate and identify the source of the noise, I definitely don't use my phone camera to do it. Of course I am not a millennial so maybe this is a natural reaction but hard to believe. If it isa hoax then not well done as it seems like a lot of work to do just to catch that extremely poor two frames of blobsquatch.
Comment icon #14 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 13:56
Same here Merc, I too would use my vision to locate and identify, especially when the woods are full of noises......not sure why a bit of noise suddenly means quick get phone out it could be an ape.... If I did see one (or a UFO for that matter....) I think I would be too transfixed and not want to miss a thing to start trying to fiddle around with phone etc to film it.......but kids these days are a bit more like John Wayne and quick to the draw with their phones....they can be zoomed in filming in seconds....would take me a minimum of 30 seconds, hence why I would just carry on watching rath... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by Merc14 on 9 June, 2017, 14:31
Yep, at my age I can't opine with any confidence as guys his age (the subject of the report) were born using those things!
Comment icon #16 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 14:43
agreed.....my kids can complete about 5-10 actions on phone by the time I find the on button
Comment icon #17 Posted by tortugabob on 9 June, 2017, 15:27
Most people wouldn't start videotaping before they spotted something. I'm calling fake on this one.Nothing but a man in a cheap monkey suit or maybe a squirrel.
Comment icon #18 Posted by simplybill on 9 June, 2017, 16:38
The one time I saw an honest-to-goodness UFO, I actually contemplated running back into the house to grab my camera.I thought, "If I don't get a photo, thefolks at UM won't believe me!"True story! Lol This may seem inconsequential, but I began to suspect the young man's sincerity when he touched his face during the news interview. A police investigator would consider hisbody language to bea sign of deception.
Comment icon #19 Posted by DieChecker on 10 June, 2017, 5:48
I noticed that the "ape" appears to be moving against the trees. BUT... It appears to be stationary when compared to the branch in the foreground that comes into the scene just after. Could be something dangling from the branch. Could just be a left on a spiderweb. There are several versions now on Youtube. I took this from a screen shot. Looks like a lot of green in the fur of that ape, to me. ....
Comment icon #20 Posted by highdesert50 on 11 June, 2017, 12:15
If we assume this is legitimate, then we are provided a plausible explanation for at least some big-foot sightings. As this might be an escaped or released primate, so might some past sightings that have not been identified as hoaxes.
Comment icon #21 Posted by TripGun on 13 June, 2017, 15:41
Caesar... it's beginning.

Footage of US nuclear tests published online
12-16-2017
The 62 newly declassified videos show nuclear bomb experiments being conducted between 1945 and 1962.
'Extinct' mammal found alive in Australia
12-16-2017
The crest-tailed mulgara - a small carnivorous marsupial - was thought to have died out a century ago.
Glowing trees could replace street lights
12-16-2017
By embedding nanoparticles in leaves, scientists at MIT have created plants that glow in the dark.
Hurricane Harvey dropped 127bn tons of rain
12-15-2017
Scientists have managed to weigh how much water fell on Texas during the hurricane back in August.
Slow motion wrecking ball
Posted 12-16-2017 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys record the destruction of a vehicle using a 9000lb wrecking ball.

Einstein's brain
Posted 12-13-2017 | 0 comments
After he died, legendary physicist Albert Einstein's brain was preserved for study.

Is happiness contagious ?
Posted 12-12-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to become happy by hanging out with other people who are happy ?

Megalodon - the largest shark in history
Posted 12-11-2017 | 1 comment
A look at Megalodon - a truly monstrous creature that once roamed Eath's oceans.

Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom