Saturday, June 25, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Natural World > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Natural World

Are gorillas the smartest apes ?

May 15, 2009 | Comment icon 11 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
New research conducted at Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago suggests that gorillas could be the smartest apes in the world. The study involved teaching a gorilla to use a touch-screen computer terminal in order to receive a treat.
A new research, which involved a trial and error test, has suggested that gorillas maybe the smartest apes on the planet. According to a report in National Geographic News, the research was done at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, US. Four years ago, scientists there attached a touch-screen computer terminal to the side of the enclosure of a female gorilla named Rollie."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (11)

Comment icon #2 Posted by MirrorImage 13 years ago
I thought Humans we're the smartest of all apes I guess that depends on what you consider intelligent, but I was thinking the same thing.
Comment icon #3 Posted by SincereVisionz 13 years ago
Yeah im a 3rd person who was thinking the same thing as soon as I read it. Gorillas are smart though but any animal will use skills when it comes to food dogs, mice, cats.
Comment icon #4 Posted by danielost 13 years ago
last time i heard we were apes making humans the smartest apes.
Comment icon #5 Posted by clubfoot O.M.G. 13 years ago
Comment icon #6 Posted by Mistydawn 13 years ago
Recognition at last!! Looks like it's Blueberries for dessert, now all I have to do is work out that darn Fibonacci sequence! "Gorilla's the smartest apes.." .... don't know about that, Clubfoot is STILL looking for his banana!! (He is a good Poet though..)
Comment icon #7 Posted by clubfoot O.M.G. 13 years ago
"Gorilla's the smartest apes.." .... don't know about that, Clubfoot is STILL looking for his banana!! (He is a good Poet though..) 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,......................................apparently us Gorillas only know how to remember seven number sequences!! ps You haven't seen my banana have you? I even looked under the bed and it's not there either!
Comment icon #8 Posted by Mistydawn 13 years ago
0,1,1,2,3,5,8,......................................apparently us Gorillas only know how to remember seven number sequences!! ps You haven't seen my banana have you? I even looked under the bed and it's not there either! It must be pretty manky by now....
Comment icon #9 Posted by clubfoot O.M.G. 13 years ago
It must be pretty manky by now.... No way, if I can find it, I'm going to turn it into Banana Fritters, YUM!!
Comment icon #10 Posted by Ebonykrow 13 years ago
Comment icon #11 Posted by Mistydawn 13 years ago
Well, they haven't blown themselves up yet, so they have that going for them. When they start pointing guns at each other and shouting, "I'll nuke your *** if you don't get off my damn yard," then I'll start to think they're a little less intelligent than given credit for. Oh, I don't know...give them another millenium or so... mind you, we will probably have irradicated them and us, by then...

Total Posts: 7,283,704    Topics: 299,651    Members: 197,498