Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Spirituality > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Spirituality

Frogs married in India to encourage rainfall

June 25, 2009 | Comment icon 7 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
In a peculiar attempt to encourage rainfall during a dry spell in Nagpur local farmers organised the marriage of two frogs on Saturday to please the Rain Gods so that they might bestow monsoon showers on the region.
A number of farmers seeking rainfall in Nagpur city organised wedding of two frogs on Saturday to please the Rain Gods and hoped their region would soon receive monsoon showers."

Source: New Kerala | Comments (7)

Comment icon #1 Posted by Exterminator 13 years ago
LOL! Man.... I wonder how did they do it. *Farmer 1: Hey catch that frog, he's going away! Farmer 2: The other went up my pants....! Farmer 3: Marriage canceled.* *
Comment icon #2 Posted by www375 13 years ago
Did they honeymoon in Pakistan?
Comment icon #3 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: 13 years ago
I wonder what the cake was composed of? I'm thinking it's not a slice I would want to eat.
Comment icon #4 Posted by lordstanley 13 years ago
Awww I hope the little frogs bring some rain to the people that mostly need it. I wonder if they dressed them up or gave them a little froggy cake lol
Comment icon #5 Posted by Mistydawn 13 years ago
Wonder where they went for their honeymoon...
Comment icon #6 Posted by Roxanne5150 13 years ago
They probably honeymoon where they can mate to have the sun back shining up again.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Mistydawn 13 years ago
I was thinkin more like a mucky swamp.. after the monsoon.

Total Posts: 7,212,702    Topics: 295,829    Members: 195,246