Thursday, August 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

"El Chupacabra" blamed for chicken deaths

January 16, 2010 | Comment icon 31 comments

Image Credit: Jennifer Dickert
The deaths of 30 chickens at the hands of a mysterious predator in El Paso have renewed interest in the legendary Chupacabra.
Cesar Garcia and his brother-in-law Juan Miranda discovered that an unknown animal had broken in to their farm's chicken pen and killed many of them. The kills were strangely clean with only puncture marks on the bodies, no blood traces and a series of mysterious footprints found on the property that could not be identified.
Chupacabras has been part of border folklore since stories of the creature's existence in Puerto Rico emerged in the early '90s. The creature has rarely, if ever, been seen, but it leaves dead animals behind. Its name comes from the animal's reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock, especially goats.

Source: El Paso Times | Comments (31)

Comment icon #22 Posted by Marby 13 years ago
I recon a chupacabra would bite me in the backside more than kick me. Besides I never heard of a kicking one, unless David Beckham is one of course. And he would leave two funny little puncture wounds too! The Chupacabra, not Becks.
Comment icon #23 Posted by ZuanNiu 13 years ago
There aren't any foxes there? Coyotes?
Comment icon #24 Posted by Marby 13 years ago
There aren't any foxes there? Coyotes? At the very least, foxes... but that wouldn't make it into the papers.
Comment icon #25 Posted by TheSearcher 13 years ago
At the very least, foxes... but that wouldn't make it into the papers. everybody knows that only the chupacabra kills chickens, foxes would never do that..... *puts away the sarcasm jar*
Comment icon #26 Posted by Marby 13 years ago
everybody knows that only the chupacabra kills chickens, foxes would never do that..... *puts away the sarcasm jar* Aren't foxes vegetarian? OK, I will behave now too.
Comment icon #27 Posted by storminateacup 13 years ago
Aren't foxes vegetarian? OK, I will behave now too. Oh yes. Nothing they like more than a nice bit of salad. ooooo____OOOOO But in all seriousness, foxes are wiley buggers. Or maybe badgers? Don't know if they have badgers...
Comment icon #28 Posted by Marby 13 years ago
Oh yes. Nothing they like more than a nice bit of salad. ooooo____OOOOO But in all seriousness, foxes are wiley buggers. Or maybe badgers? Don't know if they have badgers... I'm pretty sure I've seen foxes at PETA rallies screaming, "Go veg!". Foxes actually are pretty slick. I love them even though we've had to take extra precautions against them at my brother in law's house because he keeps chickens. There are a bunch that live in the park next to the local Sainsbury's. They love to taunt the dogs when we walk them there at night. Badgers? I don't know if they exist in that part of the world... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by storminateacup 13 years ago
I'm pretty sure I've seen foxes at PETA rallies screaming, "Go veg!". Foxes actually are pretty slick. I love them even though we've had to take extra precautions against them at my brother in law's house because he keeps chickens. There are a bunch that live in the park next to the local Sainsbury's. They love to taunt the dogs when we walk them there at night. Badgers? I don't know if they exist in that part of the world, to be honest. I'm from the SE US. We don't have them there. I can only assume that foxes cheer for Violent Veg. Yeah, I like foxes, just not when they ransack chicken coops... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by Marby 13 years ago
I can only assume that foxes cheer for Violent Veg. Yeah, I like foxes, just not when they ransack chicken coops, lol. We used to have a family of them near us, but it had to kept on the hush hush because there are a few trigger happy people around here... Badgers; that's what I was unsure about. Ah well, just a thought. :lol: Swedey Todd... oh wow, that's GREAT. Poor parsnip. I feel the same about foxes. I do love them and think they are adorable and have a right to survive, but stay off the chickens! The ones that hang out around here are happy enough to raid the trash behind the Sainsbury's... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by TheSearcher 13 years ago
:lol: Swedey Todd... oh wow, that's GREAT. Poor parsnip. I feel the same about foxes. I do love them and think they are adorable and have a right to survive, but stay off the chickens! The ones that hang out around here are happy enough to raid the trash behind the Sainsbury's or the chippy next door. Out by my brother in law's, it's a bit different, but they haven't had problems since they keep the chickens well protected. @ storminateacup : Swedey Todd, excellent that one !! I don't have any problems with Foxes, as long as they stay out of me garden. Once there, all bets are off. To be fair ... [More]

Total Posts: 7,314,939    Topics: 300,978    Members: 198,025