Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Woman passes driving test at 960th attempt

September 6, 2010 | Comment icon 21 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
A grandmother from South Korea has finally passed her triving test on her 960th attempt.
The 69-year-old whose name actually means "vehicle" in Korean had taken her driving test 5 times a week for three years and twice a week after that until she finally passed having attempted it almost 1000 times.
Cha Sa-soon, 69, whose surname coincidentally means "vehicle" in Korean, is now appearing in a prime-time advertisement for Hyundai, Korea's largest carmaker.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (21)

Comment icon #12 Posted by apriltricks 12 years ago
Now that brightened my day, but really good for her. I think I'm going to save this on my laptop and bring it out whenever I get ready to give up. Really 960th, this had better not be a typo and actually be 96th. Then again thats alot too.
Comment icon #13 Posted by expandmymind 12 years ago
so let me get this straight 1. shes a woman 2. she's asian Doesn't do much for eradicating stereotypes. That was funny.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Geldoblame 12 years ago
It was the written part that she kept failing you squids.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Stratocaster 12 years ago
This should be a sign like, maybe she shouldn't be driving? Hm?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Non sequitur 12 years ago
should be a law...if you dont pass by your 10th time, should be on your books NEVER TO GET A LICENSE
Comment icon #17 Posted by Lilly 12 years ago
Comment icon #18 Posted by Non sequitur 12 years ago
Bad driving includes both genders. This show on the Travel Channel features America's worst drivers. not only does it include both genders it includes all races and ages
Comment icon #19 Posted by Slorri 12 years ago
... I pray she never passes that driving test. You literally pray? On hands and knees? What if she see you? - Hey, you, stop that!
Comment icon #20 Posted by Slorri 12 years ago
"I wanted to get a driver's licence so I could take my grandchildren to the zoo," Mrs Cha explained. And all the animals stood waiting in great expectation.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Finity 12 years ago
If you don't pass by about the 5th time you shouldn't be allowed a license, because your obviously not going to be safe

Total Posts: 7,310,708    Topics: 300,763    Members: 197,966