Thursday, August 11, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Woman can't stop eating husband's ashes

August 9, 2011 | Comment icon 37 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
In a bizarre habit a 26-year-old has been unable to resist eating the ashes of her late husband.
26-year-old Casie lost her husband to a severe asthma attack and first tasted his ashes when she got some on her fingers while transferring them from one container to another. "Some of it spilled out on my hands. I didn't want to just wipe him away, so I just licked it off my fingers. And here I am today, almost two months later and I can't stop," she says.
Despite the habit distressing her family and friends, Casie finds comfort in having his ashes at her side. At one point, she is seen crying, holding the urn close and talking with it: 'Oh baby I miss you. '

Source: Daily Mail | Comments (37)

Comment icon #28 Posted by WhiteButterfly 11 years ago
It is quite sick, and sad that she is doing that, but there must be some reason why she is doing it. Even if that reason only appears sane in her own mind.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Kryso 11 years ago
Everyone copes with losing a loved one differently. But consuming him? What's she going to do when she's finished? Start munching on her own leg?
Comment icon #30 Posted by Jerry Only 11 years ago
What a maneater.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Spid3rCyd3 11 years ago
This has got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen. This lady really needs some help, it's sad.
Comment icon #32 Posted by hetrodoxly 11 years ago
Kieth Richards goes one better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1PceITYvM
Comment icon #33 Posted by Nufc1966 11 years ago
come on love, have a word with yourself!!
Comment icon #34 Posted by Anequetuapa 11 years ago
I'm sorry don't get me wrong I love my wife wholeheartedly but not that much.
Comment icon #35 Posted by lightly 11 years ago
If she truly can't stop eating the ashes, the problem will resolve itself.
Comment icon #36 Posted by Helen of Annoy 11 years ago
I still think itís so romantic, her subconscious desire to integrate his remains into her own body, except that in the end, his ashes go the same way food usually does. Not romantic at all.
Comment icon #37 Posted by SoundWaveFX 11 years ago
I really feel for this poor woman, my heart goes out to her. She must be in so much pain to be able to do this. I just hope that she can get help for this before all his ashes are gone, otherwise she is going to feel deep regret and dispare over the fact that there are no ashes left because she ate them all. I pray and hope that she can find some comfort and possibly move on.

Total Posts: 7,311,593    Topics: 300,823    Members: 197,978