Thursday, August 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Woman finds perfectly round chicken egg

September 9, 2012 | Comment icon 16 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
32-year-old Cassie Greenhill was astonished to discover a spherical egg in a standard box of one dozen.
Cassie was about to cook up an omelet for her 14-year-old son when she came across the unusual specimen. Perfectly round eggs can occur now and again however they are very rare, the last recorded incident was in 2010 when chef James Church discovered one in a Cornwall hotel.

"I had never seen anything like that and my partner Lee just wasnít interested," said Cassie. "He said it was nothing but I thought Iíd just check online and see if it was common. It was a chef that found one a few years ago and it made me realise how rare it was."
Cassie Greenhill, of Farndale Avenue, in Winchmore Hill, made the bizarre discovery when she returned home from a shopping trip to Asda in Southgate last week.

Source: Enfield Independent | Comments (16)

Comment icon #7 Posted by sergeantflynn 10 years ago
Comment icon #8 Posted by schizoidwoman 10 years ago
Shock ! Horror ! A round egg ! It`s a square egg that would solve a few problems . Don`t know about the hen though . It would certainly make the hen's eyes water.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Junior Chubb 10 years ago
I would stick it on eBay.
Comment icon #10 Posted by PsiPup 10 years ago
Oh goody, just what I always never cared about...a round egg. I can probably go to Walmart, hit up their egg section, and find at least 5-6 round eggs. Does that constitute a miracle? No. It means that they have a perfectionist chicken. LOL
Comment icon #11 Posted by JGirl 10 years ago
meh i find it more interesting that sometimes my ice cubes have ice spears sticking out the top in different directions for no apparent reason. that's cool round egg? not so cool
Comment icon #12 Posted by Lady Annabella 10 years ago
I used to work in a chicken house. By a big cooperation . Round eggs are fairly common, and other shapes at that, some come out shaped like a finger cause that is the shape of the canal and they are soft so they come out in the form of the canal . Some come out with no shell completely transparent . Also, have you ever seen an egg within an egg, yep that happens too .. lol
Comment icon #13 Posted by Kazoo 10 years ago
son goes hungry I'm sure a teenage boy can make his own breakfast.
Comment icon #14 Posted by mysticwerewolf 10 years ago
raised checkens for eggs in the 70s, had an average of 35-40 chickens and 2 turkeys at any time, and we saw truely round eggs at least three of four times a month nothing unusual about this, I used to love fresh eggs. and fresh turkey and fresh chicken and several other types of animal. yes i have seen an egg inside an egg, I have also seen double yoke and triple yoke eggs
Comment icon #15 Posted by Ghost It Notes 10 years ago
I have two hens and one egg was shaped like a torpedo recently . double yolk as well. it was her first. The other hen laid a shell-less egg for her first. Having been around chickens all my life, I know round eggs are not that out of the ordinary . Still neat, but news? nah
Comment icon #16 Posted by Opinionist 10 years ago
If nothing is perfect, then that egg is not.

Total Posts: 7,314,941    Topics: 300,978    Members: 198,025