Thursday, August 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Spirituality > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Spirituality

Woman claims to have 'smelled God'

April 5, 2013 | Comment icon 31 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Author Crystal McVea claims the encounter took place during a recent near-death experience.
[!gad]Speaking on Tuesday's edition of "Fox and Friends", McVea described to host Gretchen Carlson what she witnessed during a nine minute period in which her heart had stopped completely after suffering an adverse reaction to pain medication. "I saw an immense brightness," she said. "A brightness I could feel, touch, taste, hear, smell that infused me. Not like I had five senses but more like I had 500 senses."

"The moment I closed my eyes in that hospital room, I immediately opened them and was standing in heaven," she continued. "I fail to find human words to described what I experienced while I was standing there."

McVea's experience is similar to other descriptions of near-death experiences by people who have been on the brink of death, many of them include visions of a tunnel of light and the feeling of a divine or spiritual presence.
A recent university study found that people who recount their near-death experiences (NDE) have more vivid memories of the events, whether they be the imagined events that take place during the NDE or the real ones from earlier in life.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (31)

Comment icon #22 Posted by Hawkin 10 years ago
Is that NDE or an 'out of body experience'? There have been reports of people having out of body experiences whilst experiencing intense pain but were not in danger of dying. I think that NDE's usually happen when the person has 'died' and have to be revived. Although I may be wrong. It could have been an OBE.
Comment icon #23 Posted by fran123 9 years ago
smokeycat/Hawkin: interesting points. There is scientific research currently taking place in trauma rooms where objects are placed out of vision of the patients. If they say they have experienced an OBE and are able to describe the objects and where they are then this will go some way into proving that the condition actually exists.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Odd Requiem 9 years ago
I once smelled God.. Granted, I was going through an experimental time in my life and ecstasy may have played a ginormous part. Buy my book to find out what the G-man smells of!
Comment icon #25 Posted by Andy232400 9 years ago
@Hawkin.. the white light and the divine encounter come after the part when your floating above your body.. Your sis must have not been out for as long as other people have.. Some people have completely opposite experiences..
Comment icon #26 Posted by moonshadow60 9 years ago
I think he must smell like rain, or that ozone scent before a thunderstorm.
Comment icon #27 Posted by freetoroam 9 years ago
wanna know what i smell?, BULLSH*T Lol, thats a coffee spitter.
Comment icon #28 Posted by SpiritWriter 9 years ago
A smelled an Eagle about a month ago as it flew past me at the park. I thought that was pretty cool but I guess smelling God is cooler.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Arpee 9 years ago
People were making fun of her for saying she can smell and taste God. I'm not sure what is wrong with that. There are many things that exists which you can smell that leaves you with a feeling of taste. There are better arguments out that...
Comment icon #30 Posted by shrooma 9 years ago
So what does God smell like????? raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens? . the smell of bitter disappointment would be my guess.....
Comment icon #31 Posted by shrooma 9 years ago
Dimethyltryptamine . is that what god smelt of, or what she'd been using to be ABLE to smell him?? :-)

Total Posts: 7,315,060    Topics: 300,995    Members: 198,029