We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Monday, December 6, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
The UFO Phenomenon

'Shape-shifting' UFO filmed over Belfast

September 19, 2013 | Comment icon 74 comments

The object was sighted over Belfast. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Zoney / Wiki
A family in Northern Ireland have filmed a strange object in the skies over the capital this week.
Footage of the object has gone viral since appearing on YouTube a few days ago. According to the video caption, the object, which seems to gradually change shape, was traveling in a westerly direction behind Cavehill which overlooks the city of Belfast.

While being hailed as a typical UFO sighting by some, others, such as the cameraman, believe the object could be something a bit different. Describing it as an "inter-dimensional being", he goes on to claim that the object has "legs" and that not only has he filmed something similar before but that objects like this have been sighted in countries all over the world.
In contrast, some Internet users commenting on the footage have suggested that the object is actually a balloon or kite that appears to be changing shape due to the way the light is reflecting off of its surface, an explanation that would certainly seem to be a lot more plausible.

The original YouTube video can be viewed below.

Comments (74)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
23 / 25
We are 92% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #65 Posted by doctorjlt 8 years ago
Oops. Apparently the photo is available. My bad.
Comment icon #66 Posted by Star Man 8 years ago
On the other hand I see nothing to indicate that these in the following clip are anything other than balloons: However there is insufficient evidence to indicate that this is a balloon: or these: I would caution about making snap judgements. These objects are being seen more and more around the world. Look particularly at the last clip. The object stays relatively stationary otherwise the camera would not have been able to lock on to it. Judging by the camera shake it looks as if he is on high zoom. Yet the object rotates and contorts. If you understand this video, you alread know 30% of ufolo... [More]
Comment icon #67 Posted by Jacques Terreur 8 years ago
Fair enough; if it was presented as an example, then please make that clear. That's far better than trying to claim mystery solved. for me, it kind of works the other way round. I took the vids that were posted by myself or others as examples to illustrate what it MIGHT have been, instead of ET's spaceship. I post stuff as comparison merely, unless is claim "THIS IS THE EXACT OBJECT FILMED IN BELFAST; TURNED OUT TO BE AN INFLATED HORSE-(/Question mark-/man with jetpack-) BALLOON!"
Comment icon #68 Posted by pallidin 8 years ago
I trust that "skeptics" of the balloon theory in this case do know that thare are helium ballons, some quite large, in the shape of ET-UFO's. Not that this one looks like a "ET-UFO" at all. Some are available online, most are "hand-made" and medium-large, to allow flashing LED's and such if desired. Most of these are made from reflective mylar, to give the illusion of a solid metal skin. One "giveaway" that they are balloons is that they seem to be moved and affected by the wind in a rather chaotic, slow manner, as opposed to ziping around at 3,000 mph in a straight line or sudden 90-degree an... [More]
Comment icon #69 Posted by Helga 8 years ago
History channel did a documentary on Unidentified Flying Humans (or Humanoids) same object as in this video and from all over the world, I saw the clip on Alien Disclosure.
Comment icon #70 Posted by zoser 8 years ago
for me, it kind of works the other way round. I took the vids that were posted by myself or others as examples to illustrate what it MIGHT have been, instead of ET's spaceship. I post stuff as comparison merely, unless is claim "THIS IS THE EXACT OBJECT FILMED IN BELFAST; TURNED OUT TO BE AN INFLATED HORSE-(/Question mark-/man with jetpack-) BALLOON!" Still better to qualify your posts I would have thought. Save's people speculating regarding your intention. I trust that "skeptics" of the balloon theory in this case do know that thare are helium ballons, some quite large, in the shape of ET-UF... [More]
Comment icon #71 Posted by Jacques Terreur 8 years ago
Still better to.... please keep in mind that most of the time i post rather quick (in little pauses at work for example) - and ALWAYS in a foreign language...thx!
Comment icon #72 Posted by zoser 8 years ago
please keep in mind that most of the time i post rather quick (in little pauses at work for example) - and ALWAYS in a foreign language...thx! It wasn't a rebuke JT. Some (skeptics) have a habit of entering unqualified posts on the forum a bit like throwing in 'Molotov Cocktails' as if to kill the enquiry. I was just cautioning against that. That's all.
Comment icon #73 Posted by Talion 8 years ago
Oddly shapped ballon? Will we ever truly know?
Comment icon #74 Posted by Jacques Terreur 8 years ago
It wasn't a rebuke JT. Some (skeptics) have a habit of entering unqualified posts on the forum a bit like throwing in 'Molotov Cocktails' as if to kill the enquiry. I was just cautioning against that. That's all. got it. but i gotta tell you, i am not a "skeptic" in this definition of "denying everything just for the sake of it". I've seen stuff twice in my life that left me without being able to explain WTF it was. But that's all there is to say about it. Just because I wasn't able to explain, doesn't mean it was an alien spaceship. And that's my whole attitude towards the UFO phenomenon. I f... [More]