Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Dendelion grows inside girl's ear

Posted on Sunday, 1 December, 2013 | Comment icon 24 comments

The dandelion had grown from a seed that got stuck in the girl's ear. Image Credit:
Doctors in China have successfully removed a dandelion found growing in the ear of a 16-month-old girl.
Ranran's parents had taken her to see a doctor because she kept scratching her ear, but when the physician took a closer look he found something altogether unexpected - a dandelion that had someone managed to grow to two centimeters in length.

The bane of gardeners everywhere, dandelions are widely considered to be a weed with white cotton-like seeds that blow easily in the wind and can end up anywhere. In Ranran's case, her parents had noticed something like a dandelion seed falling in to her ear a couple of months beforehand but hadn't thought anything of it until she started to scratch it all the time.

"The dandelion had totally grown into Ranran's ear and filled her ear canal wall," said Dr. Gu Qinglong. "Even the slightest bit of pressure put her at risk for internal bleeding so it had to come out."

The procedure to remove it took just ten minutes and Ranran is now recovering in hospital.

Source: Medical Daily | Comments (24)

Tags: Dandelion

Comment icon #15 Posted by Junior Chubb on 1 December, 2013, 21:30
This is nothing compared to the potatoes I found growing behind my ears as a lad...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Controller Junkie on 2 December, 2013, 3:16
Comment icon #17 Posted by Eldorado on 2 December, 2013, 18:05
Comment icon #18 Posted by Leonardo on 2 December, 2013, 18:39
Summer breeze, makes me feel fi...ine Growin' dandelions in my mi...ind Sweet days of summer, and what have we here A flower is sprouting inside of my ear. with sincerest apologies to the Isley Brothers...
Comment icon #19 Posted by Junior Chubb on 2 December, 2013, 20:05
I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time... Try wrestling instead. More fun and the cauliflower ears are free! http://www.mmanews.p...esci-z-japonii/ While recommendations are being made, I think rugby is a more direct route to Cauliflower-ness.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Kelevra on 2 December, 2013, 20:56
Boxing'll also do it
Comment icon #21 Posted by Controller Junkie on 3 December, 2013, 2:37
Also gauging your ear seems to cause it with some people, not sure why if its completely random or what. Personall I've got inch and a quater gauge in both my ears, but unfortunately no cauliflower ear. Know people with much smallerg auges in ears who have gotten it. Maybe its the rh blood... Anunaki maybe....
Comment icon #22 Posted by highdesert50 on 3 December, 2013, 4:15
A flower child gone to seed, But, there are real issues with spores of fungi. C neoformans, for example, a human fungal pathogen causes more than a half a million deaths annually by "seeding" itself in the lung.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Silver Surfer on 3 December, 2013, 7:57
The green brain is near!
Comment icon #24 Posted by Ogbin on 10 December, 2013, 18:29
This puts an all new spin on "Being one with nature."

Did Triceratops use its horns to attract a mate ?
Scientists believe that dinosaurs like Triceratops may have used their horns to impress potential partners.
Mystery 'Cotswold cat shaver' strikes again
Several cat owners in Gloucestershire have reported having their pet felines shaved by an unknown individual.
Self-driving car kills pedestrian in Arizona
The accident marks the first time that a pedestrian has ever been killed by an autonomous vehicle.
Amazon boss takes his robot dog for a walk
Tech entrepreneur Jeff Bezos attended Amazon's annual MARS conference with a very unusual companion.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Michio Kaku on asteroid mining
Posted 3-13-2018 | 1 comment
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku discusses the possibility of mining asteroids in space.
Fastest people in slow motion
Posted 3-12-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the world's fastest card thrower and an amazing fast draw world champion.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA