Monday, February 19, 2018

Bus driver's life saved by pocket Bible

Posted on Tuesday, 25 February, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

The Bible seemed to have stopped the bullets. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Rickey Waggoner miraculously escaped death when his Bible stopped two bullets from penetrating his chest.
The 49-year-old Dayton bus driver had parked his bus due to a mechanical failure and had disembarked to assess the problem. As he was doing so, three teens approached and opened fire, hitting him twice in the chest.

Incredibly, a small Bible that Waggoner had been keeping in his pocket somehow stopped both bullets from penetrating his body and he went on to survive the ordeal relatively unscathed.

"I had a book in my pocket," he said during the 911 call. "At first I thought it went through. It just feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer in the chest. And I've been cut on the arm."

Police are now attempting to track down the teenagers responsible for the attack.

Source: WCPO.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Bible, Bullets, Shooting

Comment icon #7 Posted by ancient astronaut on 25 February, 2014, 17:29
AHHHHHHHHHHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD IT's A Mirackle (In Jest)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Eldorado on 25 February, 2014, 17:57
wow lucky guy! oh wait not luck - divine intervention...yeah... I believe it was indeed divine intervention. Same thing happened to me with a freshly shoplifted purchased copy of Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition I had stuffed up my pullover. The Goddesses therein protected me, I believe. Praise the Centrefold!
Comment icon #9 Posted by taniwha on 26 February, 2014, 0:55
Comment icon #10 Posted by kapow53 on 26 February, 2014, 3:35
This has God written all over it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Queenregena on 26 February, 2014, 3:38
I'm from Dayton and thank god I got out!!!
Comment icon #12 Posted by AlienDan on 26 February, 2014, 6:08
So the same thing happens to a drunk with a flask in his pocket. PRAISE THE ALCOHOL GODS! It's a sign that we should all become drunks!
Comment icon #13 Posted by coldethyl on 26 February, 2014, 16:08
I like this story, it just makes me feel good.
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 19:20
Must have been low mass .22's (don't know this for a fact)
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sundew on 26 February, 2014, 20:12
“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~ If anyone could use a bit of the Bible in his heart, Woody Allen seems like a good candidate. Too bad about that bullet.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 23:11
Well, great for them. Nice to hear stories like this.

Hunt for Earth 2.0 yields 95 new exoplanets
2-18-2018
A renewed hunt for Earth-like worlds has yielded a haul of 95 previously undiscovered extrasolar planets.
Scientists create human-sheep hybrid embryos
2-18-2018
The research aims to solve donor organ shortages by making it possible to grow human organs inside sheep.
Woman sues California over Bigfoot sighting
2-18-2018
Claudia Ackley has taken it upon herself to sue the state for refusing to acknowledge the existence of Bigfoot.
Man gets trapped down a sewer for three days
2-17-2018
The unfortunate man spent several days scrambling around the sewerage system looking for a way out.
Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

The British flying Jeep
Posted 2-3-2018 | 0 comments
The British military reportedly developed a prototype flying car all the way back in 1942.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana