Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Man pushes sprout up mountain with his nose

Posted on Thursday, 31 July, 2014 | Comment icon 20 comments

Kettell preparing for his attempt. Image Credit: YouTube / willthemadfoolmakeit
Stuart Kettell is attempting to ascend Snowdon in Wales while pushing the vegetable using his face.
The bizarre stunt, which is being undertaken to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, will see the 49-year-old spend at least four days lying on his belly as he attempts to nudge the sprout up the side of the mountain using nothing but his nose.

Kettell, who is from the West Midlands, set off yesterday at 7am on his grueling mission to ascend more than 3,500ft to the summit.

The attempt follows several other peculiar stunts that he has undertaken to raise money for charity including spending a week inside a box, walking along every street in Coventry on stilts and running inside a giant hamster wheel.

"The first day had been gruelling for Stuart," said Richard Crump who is filming Kettell's ascent. "He has no skin on his knees, his neck is hurting and his neck is really tired. But he is still going."

Source: BBC News | Comments (20)

Tags: Stuart Kettell, Sprout, Snowdon

Comment icon #11 Posted by Scorpius on 31 July, 2014, 13:56
I suggest people watch "Forks Over Knives". There are natural ways to deal with cancer, based on this documentary. It is found on the Canadian Netflix.
Comment icon #12 Posted by paperdyer on 31 July, 2014, 13:59
This guy needs to be applauded. I know I wouldn't have done this for charity. But on a humorous note, was the Green Giant consulted before "Sprout" was rolled up hill? It could injure his son. (For those of you old enough to remember the commercials)
Comment icon #13 Posted by OverSword on 31 July, 2014, 15:02
It's too early. I read that a man is pushing a sprout up his nose.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Still Waters on 31 July, 2014, 15:41
It could be he chose such a bizarre thing to do in the hope of attracting more publicity and potential donations for the charity. Who cares really what he does, it's the end result that counts so good luck to him. I've walked up Mount Snowdon, it's quite a hike in parts so he has taken on a difficult challenge in more ways than one.
Comment icon #15 Posted by 95-Nasty on 31 July, 2014, 15:53
Well done to him and good luck, but what happens if it cant control it and it falls/ rolls back to the bottom of the mountain?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Sundew on 31 July, 2014, 16:17
Cue Styx: "Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away with my sanity..."
Comment icon #17 Posted by DieChecker on 31 July, 2014, 19:11
My first thought was, like his friend said, the sprout will fall apart really quickly. He should have chosen something more hardy, like an artichoke. or a pineapple. I also thought to myself, "Oh, another crazy Welshman", but then they said he was actually an Englishman.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Calibeliever on 31 July, 2014, 19:34
Well, it made the news ....
Comment icon #19 Posted by dharma warrior on 31 July, 2014, 20:50
Once I pushed a sprout up my nose and no one cared
Comment icon #20 Posted by Still Waters on 2 August, 2014, 14:00
Update - A man has completed his challenge to push a Brussels sprout up Snowdon using his nose.Stuart Kettell, from Balsall Common in the West Midlands, started out on Wednesday and reached the 1,085m (3,560ft) summit in three days. His aim was to collect at least 5,000 in sponsorship for Macmillan Cancer Support, but does not yet know how much he has raised. Good for him, I say

Amazon boss takes his robot dog for a walk
Tech entrepreneur Jeff Bezos attended Amazon's annual MARS conference with a very unusual companion.
World's last male northern white rhino dies
The last remaining male of the species, Sudan, was put down on Monday after several months of ill-health.
Did a mystic predict Putin's rise to power ?
During a meeting in 1979, blind mystic Baba Vanga allegedly predicted that Putin would 'rule the world'.
New study hints at 'Oumuamua's origins
Researchers believe that it is very likely that the interstellar asteroid came from a binary star system.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Michio Kaku on asteroid mining
Posted 3-13-2018 | 1 comment
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku discusses the possibility of mining asteroids in space.
Fastest people in slow motion
Posted 3-12-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the world's fastest card thrower and an amazing fast draw world champion.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA