Wednesday, November 20, 2019

3-year-old recalls past life as a snake

Posted on Sunday, 9 August, 2015 | Comment icon 27 comments

Could a young boy from Thailand recall living as a snake ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
A young boy in Thailand can allegedly recall specific details of his previous life as a serpent.
In an apparent case of animal reincarnation, a young Thai boy named Dalawong was three years old when he met an aquaintance of his father, Mr. Hiew, for the first time.

Despite having never met the man before Dalawong was able to describe in explicit detail a confrontation between Mr Hiew, who was a hunter, and a snake that he had killed in a cave.

The three-year-old provided an accurate account of how the snake had been cornered by Hiew's two dogs before being killed and cooked for food. He even described how his father had eaten a piece of the snake, a fact that both men were later able to verify.

Dalawong's remarkable recollection of these events was attributed to the fact that he believed he had lived the life of that very same snake in his previous incarnation. The boy even suffered from a rare skin condition that covered his lower body in snake-like scales.
The peculiar case was investigated by Francis Story, an associate of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson and whose findings were later put to paper in a book on reincarnation by Dr. Jim Tucker.

"I may be well past your boggle threshold now, the point at which a story becomes too mind-boggling to accept," he wrote. "I confess this case approaches my own boggle threshold."

"Though I might be able to believe that a chimpanzee could have some conscious memory of a candy necklace, I certainly donít believe a snake would remember details about a particular location and a series of events, and years later be able to recognize a man who was its final nemesis."

"Itís true I donít know what goes on in the mind of a snake, but that does cross my boggle threshold."

Source: The Epoch Times | Comments (27)

Tags: Snake, Reincarnation

Comment icon #18 Posted by travelnjones on 17 August, 2015, 19:57
Comment icon #19 Posted by cindybee53 on 15 September, 2015, 21:09
Go #12!! A lot of reincarnation tradition says that we are are own decendents so that would make sense.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Lumpino on 17 September, 2015, 5:24
A young boy named Dalawong in Thailand was 3 years old when he met an acquaintance of his father's, named Mr. Hiew, for the first time. The boy seemed to know in detail about a confrontation Hiew once had with a snake - but how Dalawong knew these details remains a mystery. http://www.theepocht...er-with-hunter/ I would say according eastern philosophies - when it is about reincarnation - is mostly a nonsense. He could be in past life for example a Naga. A lower supernatural being. In Eastern reincarnation theory is something like evolution.
Comment icon #21 Posted by qxcontinuum on 25 October, 2015, 2:00
they eat snakes ? Those ppl are gross !
Comment icon #22 Posted by Ryu on 25 October, 2015, 12:32
How come no one remembers past lives as an alien? If there is reincarnation and if there is life on other planets. Because such a concept is not supported by mythology and if any past life account doesn't dovetail with mythology then it is not considered plausible. After all if a past life on another planet doesn't involve cities made of crystal or people who glow, float and teleport then it is just imagination.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Flashbangwallop on 25 October, 2015, 13:13
RYU: I take it you don't believe the story then? Not that I do either.
Comment icon #24 Posted by psyche101 on 26 October, 2015, 1:15
they eat snakes ? Those ppl are gross ! Tastes like Chikin I hear.
Comment icon #25 Posted by psyche101 on 26 October, 2015, 1:19
I do not get the big deal, snake is pretty cool, one of my favourites from the Simpsons. But he never actually existed and isn't dead.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Ryu on 26 October, 2015, 1:48
RYU: I take it you don't believe the story then? Not that I do either. Nope. I do not buy it at all. Kids are highly impressionable and will repeat what they have heard thinking that they have thought of it themselves. Anyways I wonder what snake tastes like; for some reason I am imagining them to taste like smoked chubbs (a type of fish)
Comment icon #27 Posted by Rolci on 22 February, 2016, 12:37
How come no one remembers past lives as an alien? If there is reincarnation and if there is life on other planets. You mean you've never heard of the Convoluted Universe books? Dolores Cannon was a regressional hypnotherapist with 50 years' of experience, and she had hundreds, if not thousands of cases where her patients regressed to alien lives, giving minute details of their bodies, their environment, cities, technologies, missions, etc. She recorded all her sessions and wrote 20 books based on the trans. The 5 CU books are each mostly a collection of relevant excerpts from these trans. You ... [More]

Photos show 'insects' on Mars, claims scientist
11-19-2019
A professor emeritus at Ohio University claims that photos taken on Mars show actual live alien 'insects'.
9-year-old genius is set to graduate university
11-19-2019
Laurent Simons is about to become one of the youngest people in history to earn themselves a university degree.
143 new Nazca geoglyphs discovered in Peru
11-19-2019
Researchers have used an artificial intelligence to identity previously unseen drawings on the desert floor.
Ancient skeletons found wearing 'skull helmets'
11-18-2019
The skeletons of two infants unearthed in Ecuador were found to be wearing helmets made from other skulls.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia