Thursday, October 29, 2020

Playful spook said to haunt fancy dress shop

Posted on Monday, 5 October, 2015 | Comment icon 31 comments

A mischievous spirit is said to haunt The Party Shop in Mold, Flintshire. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Strange disturbances attributed to the ghost of a little girl have been reported in the store for years.
Owner Katy Duplock bought The Party Shop in Flintshire, Wales four years ago and has since experienced a number of unusual occurrences including loud thumping sounds, sightings of a mysterious 'mist' in the cellar and reports of a small child's face peering out of the windows.

Locals believe that the ghost is that of a young girl named Sarah whose skeletal remains were allegedly found buried within the building's basement many years ago.

"Whenever we lose something, we ask Sarah to help find it, and minutes later there it is," said Duplock. "I'm sure she's friendly so it doesn't bother me."
Back when she originally bought the shop off its previous owner Duplock had been warned about a mysterious presence in the building and it wasn't long before she experienced it for herself.

"It didn't put me off. I've always been interested in the paranormal," she said. "Often we hear a huge thud somewhere, like someone falling over. I always go and have a look upstairs but there's no-one there. We only have two of us on the shop floor so there's no way it could be someone else."

"Customers hear it too and ask us 'What was that?' But I'm used to it."

Source: Mirror.co.uk | Comments (31)

Tags: Ghost, Shop

Comment icon #22 Posted by freetoroam on 6 October, 2015, 18:48
(Psst... free... You might want to clarify that you are not a "Madam" either... you know.. Just sayin'...) You are right. To whom it may concern, officially according to the tax man I am not a madam.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Taun on 6 October, 2015, 19:31
You are right. To whom it may concern, officially according to the tax man I am not a madam. Congrats on 9,000 posts free!... Atta gal!
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 6 October, 2015, 19:45
Congrats on 9,000 posts free!... Atta gal! Jeeeze, I did not even notice. 9,000?? Wow, they just found some witches caves believed to be 9,000 years old....this could be a sign. I wonder if I get a cookie basket. ?.filled with cookies, for my achievement. Mods?
Comment icon #25 Posted by Taun on 6 October, 2015, 19:49
Jeeeze, I did not even notice. 9,000?? Wow, they just found some witches caves believed to be 9,000 years old....this could be a sign. I wonder if I get a cookie basket. ?.filled with cookies, for my achievement. Mods? Sounds like a plan to me!...
Comment icon #26 Posted by Yamato on 6 October, 2015, 23:42
There is a claim without a morsel of evidence. People who dispute it choose not to be gullible. There's a claim made without evidence, that doesn't make it a hoax. It was reported on before Halloween, that doesn't make it a hoax. You don't have a morsel of evidence, that doesn't mean there is no evidence. That I experienced paranormal activity (a claim made right before Halloween that you have no evidence for) doesn't make it a hoax. Conversely, that it didn't occur in a place of business so I had no opportunity to capitalize on it doesn't make it legit. The suspension of belief =/= disbelief.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 7 October, 2015, 0:06
There's a claim made without evidence, that doesn't make it a hoax. It was reported on before Halloween, that doesn't make it a hoax. You don't have a morsel of evidence, that doesn't mean there is no evidence. That I experienced paranormal activity (a claim made right before Halloween that you have no evidence for) doesn't make it a hoax. Conversely, that it didn't occur in a place of business so I had no opportunity to capitalize on it doesn't make it legit. The suspension of belief =/= disbelief. A claim made by an individual is not evidence! It is merely a story until there is factual evid... [More]
Comment icon #28 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 7 October, 2015, 0:35
Actually it is! A large number of psychology experiments rely on self-report surveys! Yet we use those for obtaining knowledge with no problem! We also consider eye-witness testimony when convicting people! And many people consider Yelp ratings, which are all based on user-review, when deciding upon a restaurant! We use anecdotal evidence all the time! The real question is why do you abuse the exclamation mark?! I stand by my statement, a single eyewitness is not enough for a lawfull conviction, there has to be solid physical evidence! A user review is not factual! I could go on to Amazon etc ... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by evp on 7 October, 2015, 1:59
There's a claim made without evidence, that doesn't make it a hoax. It was reported on before Halloween, that doesn't make it a hoax. You don't have a morsel of evidence, that doesn't mean there is no evidence. That I experienced paranormal activity (a claim made right before Halloween that you have no evidence for) doesn't make it a hoax. Conversely, that it didn't occur in a place of business so I had no opportunity to capitalize on it doesn't make it legit. The suspension of belief =/= disbelief. I'd like to know where I mentioned hoax. I merely said that people aren't gullible. I'd suggest... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by Calibeliever on 7 October, 2015, 15:58
Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe the place is haunted by a little girls spirit? Does everything have to be hoax and hype...and if so...why bother attending this site? Just askin'... I sympathize (more than most in here) with your sentiment but anecdotal evidence is, at best, a very thin foundation for claims of the paranormal. Especially when those stories (claims) have been debunked in so many cases before. I come to this forum specifically because the general consensus here is "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". My world view absolutely allows for ghosts and othe... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by Troublehalf on 13 October, 2015, 1:41
Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe the place is haunted by a little girls spirit? Does everything have to be hoax and hype...and if so...why bother attending this site? Just askin'... Just let them. They're not really hurting anybody. It's their opinion, but I understand the irritation it causes. Because, ultimately, if everything is a hoax and evidence is never good enough, what's the point? Why ever bother entering the discussion, let alone the forum sections? I feel like some come here for the science topics, but pop in topics such as this to dismiss it as a hoax and then quote thin... [More]

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball