Sunday, November 18, 2018

5-year-old genius is alleged to be telepathic

Posted on Tuesday, 17 November, 2015 | Comment icon 72 comments

Ramses is remarkably intelligent for his age. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Allan Ajifo
5-year-old Ramses Sanguino has allegedly developed the ability to read numbers from his mother's mind.
The autistic child genius, who despite his young age has been learning seven different languages and is capable of solving complex algebraic equations, has exhibited mental abilities so advanced that there are now indications that he may even be able to perform telepathy.

Most notable among his skills is his ability to correctly determine which numbers his mother has been writing down in secret - sometimes successfully guessing as many as 38 of them in a row.

"We do have a very close bond which may have something to do with his abilities - but this is beyond anything I would have imagined," she said. "I don’t know how to explain it."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (72)

Tags: Telepathy, Brain, Savant

Comment icon #63 Posted by Astra. on 30 December, 2015, 1:02
your good.. Yes I know
Comment icon #64 Posted by Lilly on 30 December, 2015, 13:28
Comment icon #65 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 December, 2015, 22:29
I'd like to see this 'telepathy' done in front of Penn and Teller...that would speak volumes regarding its veracity. Yep, or Derren Brown - if those masters of 'wizardry' can't spot how it was done.... Only problem is, I think occasionally Penn and Teller do let them slip through when the act is so good (or the purveyor is so 'cute') that they can see it's commercial value...
Comment icon #66 Posted by Merc14 on 31 December, 2015, 3:12
Yep, or Derren Brown - if those masters of 'wizardry' can't spot how it was done.... Only problem is, I think occasionally Penn and Teller do let them slip through when the act is so good (or the purveyor is so 'cute') that they can see it's commercial value... Do you mean on the "Fool us" show?
Comment icon #67 Posted by ChrLzs on 31 December, 2015, 9:02
Do you mean on the "Fool us" show? Yup. I think that show was great when it first started, but has now gone a little downhill. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, and I'm still a huge fan of those two, but there's been a couple of acts where I think they knew enough that they shouldn't have gone through - could be wrong, but it seemed to me it was more about having a marketable act, than about being unexplainable.. Derren Brown's stuff is quite brilliant - the lengths he will go to in order to set something up are just incredible (I loved the reveal on the horse-racing betting system) and the... [More]
Comment icon #68 Posted by Merc14 on 1 January, 2016, 22:09
Yup. I think that show was great when it first started, but has now gone a little downhill. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, and I'm still a huge fan of those two, but there's been a couple of acts where I think they knew enough that they shouldn't have gone through - could be wrong, but it seemed to me it was more about having a marketable act, than about being unexplainable.. Derren Brown's stuff is quite brilliant - the lengths he will go to in order to set something up are just incredible (I loved the reveal on the horse-racing betting system) and then he still frequently fools me with... [More]
Comment icon #69 Posted by nohands on 30 November, 2017, 1:18
nice..... maybe he retained his past life skills
Comment icon #70 Posted by jbondo on 30 November, 2017, 18:35
If no one has mentioned it yet, those animal acts were exposed. The animals were taking subtle cues from their trainers. Likely the same situation exists between this boy and his mother. However, that doesn't mean she's trying to fool anyone. Often the one sending the cues isn't even aware they are doing it, except for those animal stage shows, that is.
Comment icon #71 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 December, 2017, 0:24
Dianne Hennacy Powell?? - that rang a bell, and if one browses back in this thread, 2015, yours truly posted this.. and I repeat most of it below: ====quote (sorta) A quick Google shows her at many sites (almost all ad-supported and selling stuff), and LOTS of anecdotally 'impressive' stories about alleged abilities, but not ONE single properly documented case study. I think she (Dianne Hennacy Powell) is full of it... namely the desire to make money. Combine that with the fact that she just laps up any story given to her, and has a lousy (deliberately?) grasp of how to properly evidence claim... [More]
Comment icon #72 Posted by Piney on 1 December, 2017, 1:16
Especially if your autism comes from a chromosomal disorder and they are not checking for brain abnormalities which creep up later in life. Your "blue child" or "psychic" could wind up a vegetable.

Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters
11-18-2018
A parrot with the uncanny ability to replicate the sound of a fire alarm prompted an emergency call-out recently.
Hiking scientist discovers bizarre new microbes
11-18-2018
The organisms, which sit on a 'major new branch' of the tree of life, were found in woodland in Nova Scotia.
Lockheed begins work on new supersonic plane
11-17-2018
The futuristic X-59 will be able to travel at supersonic speeds without producing a deafening sonic boom.
Galaxy cluster looks like the USS Enterprise
11-17-2018
NASA has shared an image of a distant galaxy cluster that looks quite a bit like the iconic Star Trek vessel.
The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

Morse code
Posted 11-7-2018 | 4 comments
Michael takes a look at an obsolete messaging system that uses dots and dashes.

The colors of autumn
Posted 10-31-2018 | 1 comment
Taking a moment to appreciate the colors and atmosphere of autumn.

Faster than a calculator
Posted 10-26-2018 | 2 comments
'Mathemagician' Arthur Benjamin shows off his amazing mathematical skills.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York