Thursday, October 29, 2020

Green 'wormhole UFO' spotted over Cape Town

Posted on Monday, 30 November, 2015 | Comment icon 24 comments

The spectacle was in full view of hundreds of people in the middle of Cape Town. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A strange green light was photographed over South Africa by numerous witnesses during the weekend.
[!gad]The mysterious phenomenon, which resembled a glowing green circular feature in the night sky, looked like something out of a science fiction movie and was observed by hundreds of people.

One possible explanation for the spectacle was that it was part of a light show equipment test at the Cape Town Stadium however officials have denied that any tests were being carried out at the time.

"It is probably some sort of marketing campaign, but we do not know anything about it," said South African Rugby Union spokesman Marlon Kruger. "If it was a test, I would have known about it."

Source: News24.com | Comments (24)

Tags: South Africa, Cape Town, UFO

Comment icon #15 Posted by Derek Willis on 1 December, 2015, 10:07
Just a question, and I am not trying to be a smarty pants here, but is a PhD in Metaphysical Science from the Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science a real PHD????? At the Dallas Baptist University you can be awarded a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies after completing a 60 hour research program - that's two weeks working part-time. Is that a real Ph.D. ?! It took me longer than that to redecorate my bedroom (but I am a slow decorator).
Comment icon #16 Posted by Ashyne on 1 December, 2015, 14:03
I've seen lights like this before, but from car's headlights illuminating low clouds at night. But those are more angled and have wider circles. This one I believe is from some spotlight on the ground.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Calibeliever on 1 December, 2015, 18:56
By "numerous witnesses" you mean three, right? One was taken through a car windshield and shows other lights reflected on the road. It might be a reflection, it might be digital manipulation, but odds are not in favor of a UFO. The second photo I saw does not have enough distinguishing landmarks to determine where it was, but the same exact image of the green "UFO" appears in each photograph I found. This does not prove the UFO is real, but proves the same base image was used in each photo. The third one was supposedly taken at the Long Street Cafe in Cape Town, but is a fake of a still from a... [More]
Comment icon #18 Posted by psyche101 on 2 December, 2015, 8:58
At the Dallas Baptist University you can be awarded a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies after completing a 60 hour research program - that's two weeks working part-time. Is that a real Ph.D. ?! It took me longer than that to redecorate my bedroom (but I am a slow decorator). I just wonder is it recognised by anyone other than Metaphysical people is all, and what exactly does it mean. I mean no offence to Dr Brian whatsoever, I am sure he puts in the hard yards, and as I commented earlier, his blog looks rather interesting, which I cannot say about most UFO sites. I wish him well, but would like to k... [More]
Comment icon #19 Posted by Derek Willis on 2 December, 2015, 11:11
I just wonder is it recognised by anyone other than Metaphysical people is all, and what exactly does it mean. I mean no offence to Dr Brian whatsoever, I am sure he puts in the hard yards, and as I commented earlier, his blog looks rather interesting, which I cannot say about most UFO sites. I meant no offence to Dr Brian either. I was simply drawing attention to the fact that there are Ph.Ds and there are Ph.Ds. For example - as I am sure you know - a Ph.D. in physics usually takes three years of full-time research, not 60 hours, as at Dallas Baptist University.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Realm of Unknown on 2 December, 2015, 17:39
Comment icon #21 Posted by Sweetpumper on 2 December, 2015, 18:33
The term UFO is not just for aliens you all know that right? Get outta here with that crazy talk!
Comment icon #22 Posted by Dr.Brian on 2 December, 2015, 19:52
Everyone does realize the at the moment these people were viewing this, it was in fact a UFO. Don't act so knowledgeable and dismiss things only to then say "It is not a UFO" or "Does not prove UFOs". The term UFO is not just for aliens you all know that right?.. It just simply means the viewer can not identify what exactly is in the sky above them. If you have never seen a plane before, then that is a UFO, to you. The terms UFO and stuff like Spaceships or Crafts, are two completely different things; but I think people are forgetting that now. The problem is it wasn't unidentifiable. The imag... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by alibongo on 7 December, 2015, 14:23
Everyone does realize the at the moment these people were viewing this, it was in fact a UFO. Don't act so knowledgeable and dismiss things only to then say "It is not a UFO" or "Does not prove UFOs". The term UFO is not just for aliens you all know that right?.. It just simply means the viewer can not identify what exactly is in the sky above them. If you have never seen a plane before, then that is a UFO, to you. The terms UFO and stuff like Spaceships or Crafts, are two completely different things; but I think people are forgetting that now. UFO might originally have signified an unidentifi... [More]
Comment icon #24 Posted by Rhinopolis on 31 December, 2015, 13:44
I admit that I have no knowledge of photo/video enhancing technology or techniques utilized to alter/enhance them, but it seems to me that if software exist to enhance/alter a photograph, then software should also exist that can easily detect when a something has been manipulated. I'm not trying to open a "can of worms" on techniques utilized and why it's difficult to detect these manipulations, it's just discouraging that from a "few years earlier" until who knows when, any photographic "evidence" of an anomaly will most likely be dismissed as some form of hoax. Either there is genuinely noth... [More]

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball