Monday, December 10, 2018

Real-life Magneto can stick metal to his body

Posted on Saturday, 23 December, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

Several people claim to possess magnetic powers. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donovan Govan
A young schoolboy from Syria has acquired the remarkable ability to magnetically attract objects.
Zulfikar Ibrahim, who lives in the Syrian port city of Latakia, allegedly discovered his unique talent after dropping an item of cutlery at the dinner table and finding that it had stuck to his skin.

"We were eating, the spoon fell, I picked it up but it stuck onto my belly. I was astonished," he said.

"My grandfather took off the spoon, wiped it and put it again on the tray. I took a fork and a spoon, and they stuck [onto my stomach] again. Everything made of iron was sticking. I was astonished."

The story is similar to that of Russian schoolboy Nikolai Kryaglyachenko who in 2014 found that he had acquired the ability to stick objects magnetically to his body after an electrical accident.

"I got to know that there were other magnetic boys," said Zulfikar.

A video showcasing his bizarre talent (along with some interviews in Russian) can be viewed below.

Source: Russia Today | Comments (14)

Tags: Human Magnetism

Comment icon #5 Posted by Not Your Huckleberry on 23 December, 2017, 16:39
I just happened to be watching James Randi vids last night and he replicated it. https://youtu.be/OTVWMY8EZCA
Comment icon #6 Posted by KibyNykraft4 on 24 December, 2017, 3:51
In this case the family needs money I think. Well cannot blame them. Whether this is possible due to magnetism otherwise is not answered at all from here.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Krater on 24 December, 2017, 7:59
Complete nonsense. I suppose if you swallowed a very powerful magnet...
Comment icon #8 Posted by toast on 24 December, 2017, 9:00
In: Magnet Man Out: Moron Man
Comment icon #9 Posted by UFOwatcher on 24 December, 2017, 16:34
Certainly didn't prove anything. Needed close up shots of attaching and removing items. FAKE
Comment icon #10 Posted by eddword on 24 December, 2017, 22:35
I find this to be very un attractive...magnetically speaking
Comment icon #11 Posted by pallidin on 25 December, 2017, 3:36
Uh, no. It just doesn't work that way after digestion.
Comment icon #12 Posted by DirtyDocMartens on 25 December, 2017, 4:23
I think I could replicate it by eating a melting popcicle with my shirt off.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 3:45
Flatware sticking? Yeah, just rub a light, virtually unnoticeable coating of honey on the flatware (or persons body)
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 7:43
Oh yeah, not to mention that a common compass or "phone-app gauss meter" would help establish the truth.

Spirituality vs Skepticism
  Skepticism!
  A new christianity for a new world
  God and science
 Stories, Sightings & Experiences
  Cords
  Potential Poltergeist?
  Strange numbers on arm
 Ghosts, Hauntings & The Paranormal
  Torch turned on by itself
  White figure
  Potential Poltergeist?
1,000mph supersonic car project has been axed
12-9-2018
The highly ambitious Bloodhound SSC has now gone up for sale following a spate of financial difficulties.
'Giant squirrel' claim turns out to be a mistake
12-9-2018
A photograph of an eastern fox squirrel alleged to be a whopping 2ft tall has been raising eyebrows recently.
Eerie lights spotted over North Carolina coast
12-9-2018
An Outer Banks fisherman recently captured footage of some mysterious lights hovering over the ocean.
'Swamp monster' mystery solved in Florida
12-8-2018
A mysterious salamander known as the leopard eel has finally been formally recognized as a new species.
Rainbow jelly tennis
Posted 12-3-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another ridiculous slow motion experiment involving jelly.

Progress launch timelapse
Posted 11-24-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the recent launch of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft.

The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

Morse code
Posted 11-7-2018 | 4 comments
Michael takes a look at an obsolete messaging system that uses dots and dashes.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York