Friday, March 23, 2018

Real-life Magneto can stick metal to his body

Posted on Saturday, 23 December, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

Several people claim to possess magnetic powers. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donovan Govan
A young schoolboy from Syria has acquired the remarkable ability to magnetically attract objects.
Zulfikar Ibrahim, who lives in the Syrian port city of Latakia, allegedly discovered his unique talent after dropping an item of cutlery at the dinner table and finding that it had stuck to his skin.

"We were eating, the spoon fell, I picked it up but it stuck onto my belly. I was astonished," he said.

"My grandfather took off the spoon, wiped it and put it again on the tray. I took a fork and a spoon, and they stuck [onto my stomach] again. Everything made of iron was sticking. I was astonished."

The story is similar to that of Russian schoolboy Nikolai Kryaglyachenko who in 2014 found that he had acquired the ability to stick objects magnetically to his body after an electrical accident.

"I got to know that there were other magnetic boys," said Zulfikar.

A video showcasing his bizarre talent (along with some interviews in Russian) can be viewed below.

Source: Russia Today | Comments (14)

Tags: Human Magnetism

Comment icon #5 Posted by Not Your Huckleberry on 23 December, 2017, 16:39
I just happened to be watching James Randi vids last night and he replicated it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by KibyNykraft4 on 24 December, 2017, 3:51
In this case the family needs money I think. Well cannot blame them. Whether this is possible due to magnetism otherwise is not answered at all from here.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Krater on 24 December, 2017, 7:59
Complete nonsense. I suppose if you swallowed a very powerful magnet...
Comment icon #8 Posted by toast on 24 December, 2017, 9:00
In: Magnet Man Out: Moron Man
Comment icon #9 Posted by UFOwatcher on 24 December, 2017, 16:34
Certainly didn't prove anything. Needed close up shots of attaching and removing items. FAKE
Comment icon #10 Posted by eddword on 24 December, 2017, 22:35
I find this to be very un attractive...magnetically speaking
Comment icon #11 Posted by pallidin on 25 December, 2017, 3:36
Uh, no. It just doesn't work that way after digestion.
Comment icon #12 Posted by DirtyDocMartens on 25 December, 2017, 4:23
I think I could replicate it by eating a melting popcicle with my shirt off.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 3:45
Flatware sticking? Yeah, just rub a light, virtually unnoticeable coating of honey on the flatware (or persons body)
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 7:43
Oh yeah, not to mention that a common compass or "phone-app gauss meter" would help establish the truth.

Mystery of lioness with a mane has been solved
Researchers have finally determined why a zoo lioness has mysteriously sprouted mane-like head and neck hair.
Astronomer announces the discovery of... Mars
One astronomer was left red-faced this week after he mistook the planet Mars for an undiscovered star.
Could paint save us from a doomsday asteroid?
Rather than ramming or nuking a large space rock, scientists have suggested simply covering it in paint.
Did Triceratops use its horns to attract a mate ?
Scientists believe that dinosaurs like Triceratops may have used their horns to impress potential partners.
Posted 3-22-2018 | 1 comment
A look at words that sound alike and are spelt the same, but that have different meanings.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Michio Kaku on asteroid mining
Posted 3-13-2018 | 1 comment
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku discusses the possibility of mining asteroids in space.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA