Monday, June 25, 2018

Real-life Magneto can stick metal to his body

Posted on Saturday, 23 December, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

Several people claim to possess magnetic powers. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donovan Govan
A young schoolboy from Syria has acquired the remarkable ability to magnetically attract objects.
Zulfikar Ibrahim, who lives in the Syrian port city of Latakia, allegedly discovered his unique talent after dropping an item of cutlery at the dinner table and finding that it had stuck to his skin.

"We were eating, the spoon fell, I picked it up but it stuck onto my belly. I was astonished," he said.

"My grandfather took off the spoon, wiped it and put it again on the tray. I took a fork and a spoon, and they stuck [onto my stomach] again. Everything made of iron was sticking. I was astonished."

The story is similar to that of Russian schoolboy Nikolai Kryaglyachenko who in 2014 found that he had acquired the ability to stick objects magnetically to his body after an electrical accident.

"I got to know that there were other magnetic boys," said Zulfikar.

A video showcasing his bizarre talent (along with some interviews in Russian) can be viewed below.

Source: Russia Today | Comments (14)

Tags: Human Magnetism

Comment icon #5 Posted by Not Your Huckleberry on 23 December, 2017, 16:39
I just happened to be watching James Randi vids last night and he replicated it. https://youtu.be/OTVWMY8EZCA
Comment icon #6 Posted by KibyNykraft4 on 24 December, 2017, 3:51
In this case the family needs money I think. Well cannot blame them. Whether this is possible due to magnetism otherwise is not answered at all from here.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Krater on 24 December, 2017, 7:59
Complete nonsense. I suppose if you swallowed a very powerful magnet...
Comment icon #8 Posted by toast on 24 December, 2017, 9:00
In: Magnet Man Out: Moron Man
Comment icon #9 Posted by UFOwatcher on 24 December, 2017, 16:34
Certainly didn't prove anything. Needed close up shots of attaching and removing items. FAKE
Comment icon #10 Posted by eddword on 24 December, 2017, 22:35
I find this to be very un attractive...magnetically speaking
Comment icon #11 Posted by pallidin on 25 December, 2017, 3:36
Uh, no. It just doesn't work that way after digestion.
Comment icon #12 Posted by DirtyDocMartens on 25 December, 2017, 4:23
I think I could replicate it by eating a melting popcicle with my shirt off.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 3:45
Flatware sticking? Yeah, just rub a light, virtually unnoticeable coating of honey on the flatware (or persons body)
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 7:43
Oh yeah, not to mention that a common compass or "phone-app gauss meter" would help establish the truth.

ATM-dwelling rat in India gobbles up $18,000
6-25-2018
A rat that managed to gain access to an ATM machine ended up gorging itself on a small fortune in notes.
Intelligent alien life unlikely, study claims
6-25-2018
Researchers at Oxford University maintain that we are probably the only intelligent life forms in the universe.
Mystery surrounds hunt for James Bond's car
6-24-2018
An Aston Martin driven by Sean Connery in the movie 'Goldfinger' was stolen from an airport hangar in 1997.
Scientists solve age-old dripping tap mystery
6-24-2018
What exactly causes the loud and incessant 'plink, plink, plink' sound that has kept millions awake at night ?
The conjoined teachers
Posted 6-24-2018 | 1 comment
Conjoined twins Abby and Brittany Hensel have aspirations to become school teachers.

Hermit crab finds a new home
Posted 6-18-2018 | 1 comment
Hermit crabs on this tropical island have been experiencing something of a housing shortage.

Throwing water at -52 below zero
Posted 6-10-2018 | 1 comment
What happens when you throw hot water in to the air in extreme freezing temperatures ?

Man was bitten by snakes 200 times
Posted 6-6-2018 | 0 comments
Despite being bitten so many times, 'snakeman' Bill Haast lived to be over 100 years old.

Catching an octopus
Posted 6-4-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of an octopus in the tidal pools of South Africa.

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA