Wednesday, December 11, 2019

SpaceX launch sparks wave of UFO sightings

Posted on Saturday, 23 December, 2017 | Comment icon 10 comments

The spectacle was visible from miles around. Image Credit: Twitter / Elon Musk
Los Angeles residents took to social media in their droves following a recent Falcon 9 launch.
The rocket, which appeared above southern California as a huge glowing jellyfish with a bright trail streaking behind it, ended up sparking a flurry of UFO reports from concerned locals.

Among those who commented on the phenomenon was 'The Office' actress Jenna Fischer who wrote: "LA...what the heck is this weird jellyfish thing going across the sky right now ?"
Singer-songwriter Courtney Love, meanwhile, had cottoned on to the true nature of the spectacle and Tweeted "@elonmusk is taking us into the future. Watch out universe, here come the weirdest aliens you've ever seen."

Even Musk himself poked fun at the situation by writing "It was definitely aliens."

The SpaceX Falcon 9 responsible for the sightings, which had launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base that afternoon, was carrying a payload of ten Iridium-4 satellites in to orbit.

Source: IB Times | Comments (10)

Tags: UFO, SpaceX

Comment icon #1 Posted by dirtierdragoon4 on 23 December, 2017, 21:35
Nuclear alien UFO from North Korea. Sorry, I just had to.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Miles85 on 24 December, 2017, 2:58
Please look for yourself in this video at 7:50 times.  In the pictures below I only added circles, you can see for yourself.  This site made me scale the pictures down.  I have clearer bigger ones on my computer.  What is this anomaly?
Comment icon #3 Posted by Miles85 on 24 December, 2017, 2:58
Sorry I forgot the link:
Comment icon #4 Posted by Haroldbattschits on 25 December, 2017, 2:23
Man, this makes me feel hopeless for the future of mankind. People are so damn ignorant of the world around them. This happens a dozen times a year in LA, rocket launches out of Vandenburg making the news because people think they're UFO's. I guess nobody watches the news anymore. Can't really blame them for that but every time a rocket launches thousands of people will think it's a UFO.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Haroldbattschits on 25 December, 2017, 2:26
Miles- that would be the spent first stage rocket booster. They do tend to fizzle and smoke sometimes after separation.
Comment icon #6 Posted by pallidin on 25 December, 2017, 4:02
Now that would have been one amazing site to actually see.
Comment icon #7 Posted by pallidin on 26 December, 2017, 0:28
Obviously it was Santa on a pre-flight test.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Sakari on 26 December, 2017, 16:22
Maybe I can help, but again, I am 51 and not an entitled millennial. This was seen live here in Arizona, and some neighbors were outside. My wife called me out. I had no clue about any launch. Right when I saw it I said "It is a missile launched at  Vandenburg" Once I said it, I went back in the house, but everyone went " oh, that makes sense". The future may be lost, but some of us still have some common sense
Comment icon #9 Posted by rashore on 26 December, 2017, 16:33
Lol, not surprised to see this topic. I got a buddy that lives out in California, and he took pics of the launch that's similar to the one in the OP. His comment with it was just "So got to see this tonight." Since I was unaware that the launch was happening- first thing I thought was "oh gosh, whatever it is is gonna show up as UFO on UM". I asked him what it was and he said the launch. The pics were really cool looking- almost a bit creepy because of the perspective of the building area he was standing in with the giant SpaceX trail. Looked a bit like a giant space squid floating over his al... [More]
Comment icon #10 Posted by badeskov on 29 December, 2017, 0:41
I was driving down to pick up my sister and niece from LAX, but my wife was watching (well, they didn't know it was going to happen, but just saw it so she texted me an image). I typically check the Vandenberg Air Force Base launch schedule as I live very close to it (just drove past it a couple of days ago on the way to Solvang).  Cheers, Badeskov

'Area 51' among 2019's most searched terms
12-11-2019
Google has revealed the events, people and things that were searched for the most over the last 12 months.
Flock of birds falls dead from the sky in Wales
12-11-2019
Authorities are investigating what might have caused an entire flock of starlings to suddenly drop dead.
'Expedition Bigfoot' reveals new video evidence
12-11-2019
A team of TV Bigfoot hunters have released a video clip of an unidentified creature picked up on thermal camera.
Celtic warrior unearthed in major Iron Age find
12-10-2019
Archaeologists in England are hailing the discovery as one of the most significant finds of the millennium.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia