Monday, September 24, 2018

128-year-old woman 'miserable her entire life'

Posted on Saturday, 19 May, 2018 | Comment icon 50 comments

Could Istambulova really be 128 ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Sharada Prasad CS
A woman thought to be the world's oldest living human has referred to her extremely long life as a 'punishment'.
Koku Istambulova from Chechnya, who claims to be a record-breaking 128 years old, maintains that she has always been unhappy and that her extreme longevity is 'God's will'.

Unfortunately her age cannot be confirmed because her documents were lost during the Second Chechen War, however her internal passport reportedly lists her date of birth as June 1st 1889.

Officially, the world's oldest human ever was Jeanne Calment who was 122 when she died in 1997.

"It was God's will. I did nothing to make it happen," Istambulova said when asked about her age. "I see people [who live long] going in for sports, eating something special, keeping themselves fit, but I have no idea how I lived until now."

"I have not had a single happy day in my life. I have always worked hard, digging in the garden. I am tired. Long life is not at all God's gift for me - but a punishment."

Her only daughter, Tamara, reportedly died five years ago at the age of 104.

"Looking back at my unhappy life, I wish I had died when I was young," she said. "I worked all my life. I did not have time for rest or entertainment."

"We were either digging the ground, or planting the watermelons. When I was working, my days were running one by one. And now I am not living, I am just dragging through."

Source: Ladbible.com | Comments (50)

Tags: Oldest Woman

Comment icon #41 Posted by LV-426 on 23 May, 2018, 15:26
Early? Why stop at 70 then, why not keep cracking the whip until 80, 90? If someone is riddled with arthritis, or a basketcase from years of taking care of the disabled and terminally ill in our failing NHS system, I'm sure they could be retrained for telemarketing? Meanwhile, we can pay young workers minimum wage as there are ten 70 year olds lining up to take their place on a Mickey Mouse training scheme. Good job the 70 year olds will be working though, as they'll likely still be putting a roof over their kids' heads, as they can't afford to get on the property ladder in this "Great" Britai... [More]
Comment icon #42 Posted by The Narcisse on 23 May, 2018, 20:16
I have a lot in common with this lady....
Comment icon #43 Posted by KashSB on 27 May, 2018, 8:43
We had an old man like this lady in our community. He finally died last year at the young age of 98. It was a car wreck that finally got him surprising.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Lilly on 27 May, 2018, 11:06
Generally speaking, a great deal of life is miserable for the elderly. Now, before everyone goes off on how I shouldn't be so negative, I will add that there are aspects of life that are certainly wonderful (for some lucky old folks). But, as one ages daily living becomes harder and harder. Most people have failing mobility and declining health after age 80. Think about not being able to walk easily, not being able to take your own bath, not even seeing or hearing well let alone being able to drive your car or go anywhere fun. I've seen this dynamic over and over again. Keep in mind most old f... [More]
Comment icon #45 Posted by XenoFish on 27 May, 2018, 11:18
Sometimes before they're 80. My father is this way. My grandfather (the one's who's still alive) has dementia.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Amir j on 8 June, 2018, 21:13
My travels to Bulgaria in the little isolated towns, and it?s a boltic -20 around winter. Women at 70-80 were cycling in the snow with big bags of food shopping. I couldn?t believe it! Strong and looking incredible for their age. It?s definitely diet, and a positive mind. The western is so lazy it?s unreal.
Comment icon #47 Posted by jmccr8 on 17 June, 2018, 17:43
Hi Baldy, Most of the women in my family live that long unfortunately their husbands didn't fare as well, which was one of the reasons that I have been single for so long. Of course it is for scientific reasons. jmccr8
Comment icon #48 Posted by Ploughboy on 18 June, 2018, 9:51
Right. I agree. Communism can make any human being miserable for the rest of their life. But if the story is true I feel bad that she had to live so long in misery. She must of had God in her life to dag on that long without any earthly hope. But anyone to live 128 years on earth, regardless of how their life went for them, deserves respect. I would love to live that long but I have my doubts about seeing 80. My Grandpa died at 79 and my dad at 74. I have long life on my mom's side of the family but not sure how good that will do for me. But whatever card God dealt for me I will play it to His... [More]
Comment icon #49 Posted by Dark Howl on 21 June, 2018, 15:03
Her daughter passed away of old age and she's still here. That must be so painful to having lost everyone. It's the reason immortality would be a very depressing life. The woman needs to be respected as she's of a grand age.
Comment icon #50 Posted by Justice please on 21 June, 2018, 18:12
Poor lady I hope she finds peace soon.

'Muppet of the sea' can inflate its own body
9-24-2018
A deep sea remote-operated vehicle recently captured footage of a unique species of eel with a very big mouth.
Skinwalker Ranch 'outsmarted' investigators
9-24-2018
The infamous Utah property has seen more than its fair share of strange occurrences over the last 50 years.
Planet-hunting probe finds two new candidates
9-23-2018
A mere two months after beginning operations, NASA's TESS spacecraft has found two new extrasolar worlds.
Two-headed snake discovered in Virginia
9-23-2018
An 'extremely rare' adult copperhead snake with two heads was recently found in a garden in Woodbridge.
Treadmill fall in slow motion
Posted 9-17-2018 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return with another bizarre slow-motion experiment.

Tricking your ears
Posted 9-9-2018 | 0 comments
A look at some intriguing audio illusions and at how the brain interprets sound.

The science of music
Posted 9-5-2018 | 0 comments
A look at why our brains become so hooked on particularly catchy songs.

Swimming with lemon sharks
Posted 8-28-2018 | 1 comment
Steve Backshall gets up close to a group of deadly lemon sharks.

Cousins explained
Posted 8-24-2018 | 4 comments
Exactly what is a third cousin twice removed ? Michael unravels the mystery.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas