Tuesday, August 4, 2020
  Bizarre

'Elastic' man can turn his feet backwards

Posted on Thursday, 23 August, 2018 | Comment icon 7 comments

Surprisingly, Lanham maintains that turning his feet isn't painful. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jack Purcell
57-year-old Moses Lanham from Michigan has a unique talent that both intrigues and disgusts in equal measure.
Thanks to being double-jointed, the veteran contortionist is able to turn his feet 180 degrees so that they are facing completely the opposite direction.

His remarkable ability has earned him two world records as well as quite a sizable following.

"I'm the only one that holds a world record for turning their feet around backwards and walking the farthest distance," he said.

"I also hold the world record for turning my feet around backwards 180 degrees."
Surprisingly, twisting his feet around doesn't actually hurt. The reason he can do it is because he has twice as much cartilage as well as extra tissue in his knee joints, hips and ankles.

Not everyone however quite appreciates his unique talent.

"When I perform this in front of people I love the reaction I get a lot of people are just amazed," he said. "Others turn away from them cos it grosses them out."

"One time in my life time I've had a person throw up after I've turned my feet around."

Source: Brinkwire.com | Comments (7)

Tags: Moses Lanham

Comment icon #1 Posted by Carnoferox on 23 August, 2018, 18:35
Wrong link I think.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Saru on 23 August, 2018, 19:43
Fixed.
Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdyer on 23 August, 2018, 19:49
A real life Plastic Man, Reed Richards -The Mr. Fantastic, Ralph Dibny - Elongated Man.  Jimmy Olsen - Elastic Lad.  Did I forget any?
Comment icon #4 Posted by and then on 23 August, 2018, 20:41
Incredible flexibility in his hips...amazing...
Comment icon #5 Posted by DieChecker on 25 August, 2018, 9:29
I can turn my feet quite a ways, but I think 270 degrees is about the best I can do. And getting that far around does hurt a bit. And I can't walk like this guy does. Interesting that he does it and can walk without stumbling. I expect he's practiced some.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Anthony615 on 25 August, 2018, 13:11
Eww backward that has to hurt
Comment icon #7 Posted by Blueplain on 28 August, 2018, 10:13
I can do the exact same thing without discomfort too. I did not know I could get in the news for it haha. Who should I report too?

Rhode Island checks signed by Mickey Mouse
8-3-2020
Dozens of residents received tax refund checks signed by the fictional anthropomorphic mouse and his creator.
Crew Dragon successfully returns to Earth
8-3-2020
NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley have safely returned home after two months in space.
Some stars could host seven habitable planets
8-2-2020
Other stars may be able to host more than our own solar system's solitary habitable world, a new study suggests.
Mystery seeds start turning up worldwide
8-2-2020
Packets of unidentified seeds have been turning up, not just in the US, but also in Europe, Canada and the UK.
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball