Friday, November 22, 2019

'Elastic' man can turn his feet backwards

Posted on Thursday, 23 August, 2018 | Comment icon 7 comments

Surprisingly, Lanham maintains that turning his feet isn't painful. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jack Purcell
57-year-old Moses Lanham from Michigan has a unique talent that both intrigues and disgusts in equal measure.
Thanks to being double-jointed, the veteran contortionist is able to turn his feet 180 degrees so that they are facing completely the opposite direction.

His remarkable ability has earned him two world records as well as quite a sizable following.

"I'm the only one that holds a world record for turning their feet around backwards and walking the farthest distance," he said.

"I also hold the world record for turning my feet around backwards 180 degrees."
Surprisingly, twisting his feet around doesn't actually hurt. The reason he can do it is because he has twice as much cartilage as well as extra tissue in his knee joints, hips and ankles.

Not everyone however quite appreciates his unique talent.

"When I perform this in front of people I love the reaction I get a lot of people are just amazed," he said. "Others turn away from them cos it grosses them out."

"One time in my life time I've had a person throw up after I've turned my feet around."

Source: Brinkwire.com | Comments (7)

Tags: Moses Lanham

Comment icon #1 Posted by Carnoferox on 23 August, 2018, 18:35
Wrong link I think.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Saru on 23 August, 2018, 19:43
Fixed.
Comment icon #3 Posted by paperdyer on 23 August, 2018, 19:49
A real life Plastic Man, Reed Richards -The Mr. Fantastic, Ralph Dibny - Elongated Man.  Jimmy Olsen - Elastic Lad.  Did I forget any?
Comment icon #4 Posted by and then on 23 August, 2018, 20:41
Incredible flexibility in his hips...amazing...
Comment icon #5 Posted by DieChecker on 25 August, 2018, 9:29
I can turn my feet quite a ways, but I think 270 degrees is about the best I can do. And getting that far around does hurt a bit. And I can't walk like this guy does. Interesting that he does it and can walk without stumbling. I expect he's practiced some.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Anthony615 on 25 August, 2018, 13:11
Eww backward that has to hurt
Comment icon #7 Posted by Blueplain on 28 August, 2018, 10:13
I can do the exact same thing without discomfort too. I did not know I could get in the news for it haha. Who should I report too?

Project Blue Book documents to go on display
11-22-2019
Actual files from the US government's Project Blue Book are set to go on display in Washington DC next month.
Are ghosts a sign that we live in a simulation ?
11-21-2019
Two scientists have put forward the intriguing yet disturbing notion that we may all be living in the Matrix.
3D images of 'Noah's Ark' set to be revealed
11-21-2019
A Turkish ark-hunter has captured new subterranean images of what he believes to be the real Noah's Ark.
Outbreak of the Black Death reported in China
11-21-2019
A resurgence of the bubonic plague in China has been raising eyebrows this week, but just how dangerous is it?
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia