Sunday, May 19, 2019

Spanish writer builds his own 60ft 'spaceship'

Posted on Saturday, 1 December, 2018 | Comment icon 9 comments

The vessel won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Image Credit: YouTube / Lucio Ballesteros
87-year-old Lucio Ballesteros hopes that mankind will one day use the vessel to travel to an alien planet.
As far as unusual hobbies go, this one just about takes the cake.

Built on a budget of 100,000 euros, this impressive saucer-shaped spacecraft is constructed from aluminum and methacrylate and sits in its own custom parking space outside Ballesteros' house.

The vessel does not have any means of propulsion, however the 87-year-old hopes that mankind will have one day evolved enough - both psychically and spiritually - to fly it to the stars.

Its destination will be '10/7' - a fictional alien world from a series of books he has written.

The peculiar nature of his creation has captured the imagination of Xoel Mendez - a documentary filmmaker who is in the process of putting together a film about Ballesteros and his work.

News footage showing the ship, as well as its rather sparse interior, can be viewed below.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (9)

Tags: Spaceship, Lucio Ballesteros

Comment icon #1 Posted by MisterMan on 1 December, 2018, 19:28
Oh dear.
Comment icon #2 Posted by AllPossible on 1 December, 2018, 19:39
Just attatch a parachute to it and fly it like a kite
Comment icon #3 Posted by DanL on 1 December, 2018, 20:02
Great Yard Art! I bet it looks cool at night.
Comment icon #4 Posted by BuddingPsychic1111 on 1 December, 2018, 20:20
I've always wanted to build a spaceship myself.  Someday, I'm going to construct a highly advanced spacecraft, and I will use the electromagnetic current of the Earth in order to power it.  Essentially, my intent will be to build a craft that is capable of levitation, and it will use electrogravitics as a means of propulsion.  According to some of the sources that I've found online, this is actually possible!  I still have a lot of research to do, but this is something that I've been planning for years.  It may be a long ways off, but one day, I'm going to build a spaceship that actually works... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by Carlos Allende on 1 December, 2018, 20:38

Comment icon #6 Posted by Gecks on 1 December, 2018, 21:22
Is this serious or are you making a joke?
Comment icon #7 Posted by Timothy on 1 December, 2018, 21:28
Based on the last few threads, two options: Blatant trolling or gone down the rabbits hole.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Gecks on 1 December, 2018, 21:30
Haha ahhh seems about right
Comment icon #9 Posted by Nzo on 2 December, 2018, 9:35
I never understood that commercial where they would show an egg being fried with bold words saying 'This is your brain on drugs'   Now however I understand what they were trying to relay all those years ago. This is your brain on drugs. I hope this guy gets help soon.

6461970

More mystery 'jars of the dead' found in Laos
5-18-2019
Archaeologists have unearthed an additional 137 large stone jars at megalithic sites in Southeast Asia.
Firm offers Game of Thrones spoiler insurance
5-18-2019
A British insurance company is offering compensation to viewers who have had the finale inadvertently spoiled.
Why is the Pentagon interested in UFOs ?
5-18-2019
Why has the Pentagon suddenly taken such an interest in the reporting and investigation of UFO sightings ?
Officials warn against 'cow kissing' challenge
5-17-2019
Authorities in Austria have warned social media users not to participate in this bizarre new fundraising craze.
Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment