Monday, December 10, 2018

Spanish writer builds his own 60ft 'spaceship'

Posted on Saturday, 1 December, 2018 | Comment icon 9 comments

The vessel won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Image Credit: YouTube / Lucio Ballesteros
87-year-old Lucio Ballesteros hopes that mankind will one day use the vessel to travel to an alien planet.
As far as unusual hobbies go, this one just about takes the cake.

Built on a budget of 100,000 euros, this impressive saucer-shaped spacecraft is constructed from aluminum and methacrylate and sits in its own custom parking space outside Ballesteros' house.

The vessel does not have any means of propulsion, however the 87-year-old hopes that mankind will have one day evolved enough - both psychically and spiritually - to fly it to the stars.

Its destination will be '10/7' - a fictional alien world from a series of books he has written.

The peculiar nature of his creation has captured the imagination of Xoel Mendez - a documentary filmmaker who is in the process of putting together a film about Ballesteros and his work.

News footage showing the ship, as well as its rather sparse interior, can be viewed below.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (9)

Tags: Spaceship, Lucio Ballesteros

Comment icon #1 Posted by MisterMan on 1 December, 2018, 19:28
Oh dear.
Comment icon #2 Posted by AllPossible on 1 December, 2018, 19:39
Just attatch a parachute to it and fly it like a kite
Comment icon #3 Posted by DanL on 1 December, 2018, 20:02
Great Yard Art! I bet it looks cool at night.
Comment icon #4 Posted by BuddingPsychic1111 on 1 December, 2018, 20:20
I've always wanted to build a spaceship myself.  Someday, I'm going to construct a highly advanced spacecraft, and I will use the electromagnetic current of the Earth in order to power it.  Essentially, my intent will be to build a craft that is capable of levitation, and it will use electrogravitics as a means of propulsion.  According to some of the sources that I've found online, this is actually possible!  I still have a lot of research to do, but this is something that I've been planning for years.  It may be a long ways off, but one day, I'm going to build a spaceship that actually works... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by Carlos Allende on 1 December, 2018, 20:38

Comment icon #6 Posted by Gecks on 1 December, 2018, 21:22
Is this serious or are you making a joke?
Comment icon #7 Posted by Timothy on 1 December, 2018, 21:28
Based on the last few threads, two options: Blatant trolling or gone down the rabbits hole.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Gecks on 1 December, 2018, 21:30
Haha ahhh seems about right
Comment icon #9 Posted by Nzo on 2 December, 2018, 9:35
I never understood that commercial where they would show an egg being fried with bold words saying 'This is your brain on drugs'   Now however I understand what they were trying to relay all those years ago. This is your brain on drugs. I hope this guy gets help soon.

1,000mph supersonic car project has been axed
12-9-2018
The highly ambitious Bloodhound SSC has now gone up for sale following a spate of financial difficulties.
'Giant squirrel' claim turns out to be a mistake
12-9-2018
A photograph of an eastern fox squirrel alleged to be a whopping 2ft tall has been raising eyebrows recently.
Eerie lights spotted over North Carolina coast
12-9-2018
An Outer Banks fisherman recently captured footage of some mysterious lights hovering over the ocean.
'Swamp monster' mystery solved in Florida
12-8-2018
A mysterious salamander known as the leopard eel has finally been formally recognized as a new species.
Rainbow jelly tennis
Posted 12-3-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another ridiculous slow motion experiment involving jelly.

Progress launch timelapse
Posted 11-24-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the recent launch of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft.

The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York