Sunday, December 8, 2019

'Image of Jesus' spotted in Notre Dame fire

Posted on Thursday, 18 April, 2019 | Comment icon 27 comments

The entire roof of the cathedral was destroyed. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Wandrille de Preville
Some witnesses to the recent devastating fire believe that they've seen something otherworldly in the flames.
When the news broke that the iconic Parisian cathedral had become shrouded in flames earlier this week, countries around the world united in expressing their sadness and dismay.

While the fearless efforts of firefighters ultimately managed to save the building from being totally destroyed, back when the fire was still raging several witnesses claimed to have seen a visage of Jesus himself in the flames.

One image in particular (see below) has since been distributed around social media.

"When I looked at this photo last night, I was really astounded by what I saw," one woman told the Daily Record. "When I look at it I see a silhouette of Jesus. I really see a vivid image."

While the photograph does seem to show the shape of a figure in the flames, many have argued that this may be a case of pareidolia - the tendency for the human brain to see meaningful shapes in otherwise abstract patterns.

Ultimately however, perhaps the true meaning of the image lies simply in the beliefs of the observer.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (27)

Tags: Notre Dame, Jesus

Comment icon #18 Posted by Silver Surfer on 18 April, 2019, 21:19
C'mon everyone don't be skeptical, it's long been known Jesus comes to us in mysterious ways.. here's him hanging out on a dog's ass***e...
Comment icon #19 Posted by LucidElement on 18 April, 2019, 21:39
Oh pleaseeee..... zoom effect x10000
Comment icon #20 Posted by Jon the frog on 19 April, 2019, 2:25
That's the best picture I have ever seen of Jesus !
Comment icon #21 Posted by esoteric_toad on 19 April, 2019, 11:49
So Jesus is a giant fire elemental? Huh, Who knew?
Comment icon #22 Posted by cathya on 19 April, 2019, 17:07
Oh, good grief. No one even knows what Jeasus looked like.
Comment icon #23 Posted by XenoFish on 19 April, 2019, 17:20
We call him Humperdoo.
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 19 April, 2019, 17:40
Comment icon #25 Posted by Kaikou on 19 April, 2019, 17:41
I agree, this picture is several years old and it's still the best.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Tatetopa on 20 April, 2019, 4:44
God comes in many forms. Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you! Ghostbusters
Comment icon #27 Posted by Hammerclaw on 29 April, 2019, 4:03
Sa-ru-m-a-a-n!

'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds
12-8-2019
Scientists have discovered that plants emit ultrasonic 'squeals' when stressed due to drought or damage.
Pentagon in U-turn over secretive UFO program
12-8-2019
The US government has completely changed its story over the purpose of its now-cancelled UFO program.
Large pyramid-shaped asteroid to fly past Earth
12-7-2019
A large space rock the approximate size and shape of the Great Pyramid of Giza is set for a close encounter.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia