Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Man records footage of 'Ogopogo' lake monster

Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 | Comment icon 58 comments

Is there a monster lurking in the depths of Okanagan Lake ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 1.0 Darren Kirby
A south Okanagan resident believes that he has captured evidence of the elusive creature on camera.
Jim La Rocque had been at his mother-in-law's lakefront property with his two children at the beginning of this month when he spotted something strange moving through the water.

Grabbing his camera, he filmed what looked like seven humps gliding across the surface.

La Rocque estimates that the 'creature' was at least 120ft long.

"I'd describe it as like a dragon boat race, like with oars, so if you flipped the dragon boat upside down, you would see all those oars coming out of the water," he said.

A local news report featuring the footage that he captured can be viewed below.

Whether or not it shows a large creature in the lake however remains a matter of debate.

Source: Globalnews.ca | Comments (58)

Tags: Ogopogo

Comment icon #49 Posted by Alchopwn on 15 June, 2019, 16:12
I am in complete agreemwnt, there are definitely waves.  But those waves are in a surprisingly narrow band, and obviously travelling in single direction, as if something under the water is moving them.  Now that might be an unusual underwater current that appears without any obvious ripple harmonic, or it could be a submerged object.  As to what the object is, that is up for grabs.  As I have said before, I can see fins, but that may be an optical illusion. Could it be otters swimming in a line?  Perhaps, yes?  I don't see any heads breaching the water tho, I see fins when it is in motion.  On... [More]
Comment icon #50 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 15 June, 2019, 21:18
you're right, no heads breaching the surface. But also, they are in a straight line, the problem being, it is TOO straight. there is never any give - both in distance between objects, and any left-right movement. I think what is seen is one rigid object. Can't be an animal, IMO
Comment icon #51 Posted by toast on 15 June, 2019, 21:24
"Ogopogo", hahaha! I have never heard that. Hell, I love the web.
Comment icon #52 Posted by the13bats on 16 June, 2019, 0:54
as to clearify, i posted nickells otter / lake monster illusion picture not saying i thought this was otters i dont but i posted that picture to illustrate what we see might not be isnt the full picture of whats going on. if you go to nightwalkers post #26 look at his 2nd picture, two of the "waves" basically match too close, i dont feel like subjecting myself to watching the clip again but 3 if not 4 waves will match at a time and too closely. the spacing between waves is the same which is odd it has a "feel" to me of 4 or 5 or ? objects tied together and being pulled through the water it doe... [More]
Comment icon #53 Posted by Merc14 on 16 June, 2019, 1:15
Logic dictates that a creature as the length of a blue whale couldn't be living in that ecosystem without myriad signs of its existence.  Even PG only gives it a 60% chance  LOL.  The only mystery is if it is a string of otters, a naturally occurring event or a leftover wake.
Comment icon #54 Posted by the13bats on 16 June, 2019, 2:39
i lean towards something being dragged for now...and like with dobby the elf carport video the mystery here is why hasnt it been debunked yet.
Comment icon #55 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 16 June, 2019, 4:34
Jeezus krist… you and I agree!  I think the earth just shook!
Comment icon #56 Posted by the13bats on 16 June, 2019, 5:05
Comment icon #57 Posted by Amanda Evans on 17 June, 2019, 19:48
A terrible video but what ever it was looked like a live creature. Otters or a large fish perhaps?
Comment icon #58 Posted by the13bats on 18 June, 2019, 1:12
you think so? it doesnt have a live feel to me reminds me of animatronics at diznee

Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia