Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Revisited: the man who 'shot two Bigfoots'

Posted on Monday, 23 September, 2019 | Comment icon 52 comments

Smeja has been unable to prove his claims. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Gnashes30
A reality TV Bigfoot hunter made headlines a few years back after claiming to have killed two of the creatures.
Justin Smeja's remarkable story came to light after he appeared on reality TV show '10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty' which saw nine teams compete to win a large cash prize in exchange for incontrovertible evidence of the elusive hominid.

"I've shot and killed two of them," he told the show's hosts. "I've done everything I can do to try to prove that I'm telling the truth. All I can do now is try to go get another one."

In later interviews he elaborated on the incident, insisting that he had in fact killed one adult and one juvenile Bigfoot while out bear hunting in the Sierra mountains with one of his friends.

The pair allegedly encountered the adult creature, which was around 8ft tall, in a meadow.
After felling it with a single shot, they noticed that a juvenile had been accompanying it.

Smeja shot that too.

"I haven't found a reasonable explanation for what happened," he said. "I haven't found any sort of way to prove that I'm telling the truth."

You can watch Smeja recalling the entire encounter in the video below.

Source: YouTube | Comments (52)

Tags: Bigfoot, Justin Smeja

Comment icon #43 Posted by Matt221 on 24 September, 2019, 8:20
We were easily pleased back in the day I particularly like the way steve stands back and watches while biggie beaks a tree to clout him with lol
Comment icon #44 Posted by skliss on 24 September, 2019, 11:10
If it was a person in suit wouldn't they have been yelling.. "Don't shoot, don't shoot!" It makes no sense that neither of them did that. I can't imagine that with frozen ground they could have dug deep....is it possible an animal dragged off whatever carcass was there? Do bears lift up their front paws when on hind legs before attacking? I don't know how bears attack. Could that be the "arms over his head" bit?
Comment icon #45 Posted by freetoroam on 24 September, 2019, 13:19
Thats two less bigfoot hunter shows on youtube.
Comment icon #46 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 24 September, 2019, 15:47
Yea I'm fine with that. ^^  Now if a few reality twa...stars would like to go for a wander in some american woods too. ...
Comment icon #47 Posted by Piney on 24 September, 2019, 16:31
Comment icon #48 Posted by the13bats on 24 September, 2019, 21:49
  the other day i grabbed at redbox a movie called " the man who killed hitler then killed bigfoot" i like sam Elliott but geez what a artsy farty garbage dump of a film, ( why i didnt say "soiler alert" this thing went past spiled long ago ) it wasnt so much a campy B flick as a old man dealing with um being an old man, anyway, if you like that bigfoot body recovery bs you might enjoy the 5 mins or so that this flick has anything to do with bigfoot,
Comment icon #49 Posted by Amanda Evans on 28 September, 2019, 20:06
Stop shooting Bigfoot you utter b******
Comment icon #50 Posted by Gaden on 28 September, 2019, 22:06
  I didn't bother with any explanations, as most people here know my stance,,,You may have misunderstood my intentions, which were to show my great disdain for all things Bigfoot, so no, I wouldn't be interested in a movie so bad that it's unheard of.
Comment icon #51 Posted by the13bats on 28 September, 2019, 23:17
Your disdane for bigfoot didnt keep you out of the thread, Since i dont know you, cant recall ever seeing a post from you before the one you made about a bigfoot body recovery team and since there are all kinds of people here with all kinds of wild outlansmdish thoughts i wouldnt know if you were being sarcastic ( hopefully ) or serious ( sad if you believe there is a BBRT ) i made my remark about a movie that anyone who would believe in a BBRT  might like or a person like me would grasp my wrey humor of it would get it that it worked both ways,
Comment icon #52 Posted by Gaden on 29 September, 2019, 1:53
 We have crossed paths before, and we have always argued from the same side. A couple of years ago, I decreased posting on all threads, and especially here, as I have found it to be a waste of time. A spirited debate is one thing, but when people completely ignore facts and common sense, and instead insist on clinging to the outlandish fabrications associated with this subject, there is no debate. I still peruse the site occasionally, and will jump in once in a while, but I just don't see the point in an 'exercise in futility'.

World's loudest bird has a truly deafening call
10-22-2019
This incredible species of bird from the Amazon can belt out a call so loud that it can damage your eardrums.
Mother is spooked by 'ghost baby' in crib
10-22-2019
Maritza Elizabeth was so freaked out that she couldn't sleep after spotting the ghostly infant on her baby cam.
US Army signs deal to exploit 'UFO technology'
10-22-2019
The military has teamed up with Tom DeLonge's 'To The Stars' group to study alleged UFO 'metamaterials'.
Mystery surrounds London's 'Havering Hoard'
10-21-2019
An 'extraordinary' cache of Bronze Age weapons found in London has left experts scratching their heads.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ