Saturday, December 7, 2019

Revisited: the man who 'shot two Bigfoots'

Posted on Monday, 23 September, 2019 | Comment icon 56 comments

Smeja has been unable to prove his claims. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Gnashes30
A reality TV Bigfoot hunter made headlines a few years back after claiming to have killed two of the creatures.
Justin Smeja's remarkable story came to light after he appeared on reality TV show '10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty' which saw nine teams compete to win a large cash prize in exchange for incontrovertible evidence of the elusive hominid.

"I've shot and killed two of them," he told the show's hosts. "I've done everything I can do to try to prove that I'm telling the truth. All I can do now is try to go get another one."

In later interviews he elaborated on the incident, insisting that he had in fact killed one adult and one juvenile Bigfoot while out bear hunting in the Sierra mountains with one of his friends.

The pair allegedly encountered the adult creature, which was around 8ft tall, in a meadow.
After felling it with a single shot, they noticed that a juvenile had been accompanying it.

Smeja shot that too.

"I haven't found a reasonable explanation for what happened," he said. "I haven't found any sort of way to prove that I'm telling the truth."

You can watch Smeja recalling the entire encounter in the video below.

Source: YouTube | Comments (56)

Tags: Bigfoot, Justin Smeja

Comment icon #47 Posted by Piney on 24 September, 2019, 16:31
Comment icon #48 Posted by the13bats on 24 September, 2019, 21:49
  the other day i grabbed at redbox a movie called " the man who killed hitler then killed bigfoot" i like sam Elliott but geez what a artsy farty garbage dump of a film, ( why i didnt say "soiler alert" this thing went past spiled long ago ) it wasnt so much a campy B flick as a old man dealing with um being an old man, anyway, if you like that bigfoot body recovery bs you might enjoy the 5 mins or so that this flick has anything to do with bigfoot,
Comment icon #49 Posted by Amanda Evans on 28 September, 2019, 20:06
Stop shooting Bigfoot you utter b******
Comment icon #50 Posted by Gaden on 28 September, 2019, 22:06
  I didn't bother with any explanations, as most people here know my stance,,,You may have misunderstood my intentions, which were to show my great disdain for all things Bigfoot, so no, I wouldn't be interested in a movie so bad that it's unheard of.
Comment icon #51 Posted by the13bats on 28 September, 2019, 23:17
Your disdane for bigfoot didnt keep you out of the thread, Since i dont know you, cant recall ever seeing a post from you before the one you made about a bigfoot body recovery team and since there are all kinds of people here with all kinds of wild outlansmdish thoughts i wouldnt know if you were being sarcastic ( hopefully ) or serious ( sad if you believe there is a BBRT ) i made my remark about a movie that anyone who would believe in a BBRT  might like or a person like me would grasp my wrey humor of it would get it that it worked both ways,
Comment icon #52 Posted by Gaden on 29 September, 2019, 1:53
 We have crossed paths before, and we have always argued from the same side. A couple of years ago, I decreased posting on all threads, and especially here, as I have found it to be a waste of time. A spirited debate is one thing, but when people completely ignore facts and common sense, and instead insist on clinging to the outlandish fabrications associated with this subject, there is no debate. I still peruse the site occasionally, and will jump in once in a while, but I just don't see the point in an 'exercise in futility'.
Comment icon #53 Posted by ocpaul20 on 9 November, 2019, 0:32
A spirited debate needs both parties to be open to the ideas and arguments of the other party. Not only common sense, but common courtesy would take the accounts of Bigfoot sightings and consider them as real experiences for those people. Why would you not do that? I realise you think these accounts are outlandish fabrications, but have you actually spoken in person to anyone who has had such an encounter? I suspect not, but nevertheless you do appear to have a superior attitude which kind of makes your opinions look unreasonable from a scientific angle. I thought scientist-types were supposed... [More]
Comment icon #54 Posted by stereologist on 10 November, 2019, 5:00
An open mind does not mean a net collecting all of the offal tossed out. For over 60 years there has been talk of BF and yet there is not a drop of evidence. There are lots and lots of stories. They are about as useful as blobsquatch photos. What about the Meldrum eDNA results? Where are they? Enough money had been gifted to do several tests. Sampes were collected but where are the results?
Comment icon #55 Posted by Gaden on 10 November, 2019, 13:20
 So, you are saying, then that there has never been even one outlandish fabrication? You actually think that Bigfoot is a multi-dimension creature that can become invisible, detect when any of it's brethren dies, so that they can retrieve the body, exist as a being of high intellect and yet leave no trace of tools or dwellings? If you read my post, you could see that I did not say every report was an outlandish fabrication, only that they are associated with it. Seems to me that after over 200 years of exploration in the NW U.S., some thing more tangible would exist than the weak stories that ... [More]
Comment icon #56 Posted by Desertrat56 on 10 November, 2019, 17:00
Big foot is fun to think about, maybe that's all it it is, like dragons and unicorns.  I thought I had read that the Meldrum DNA tests were inconclusive.  It was quite a while ago so maybe my memory is faulty or sketchy. I found these links when I searched. (the first one is mentions the War (oops I mean History) channel sponsoring the tests http://www.alamas.ru/eng/publicat/DNA_of_Bigfoot_e.htm

'Bigfoot chases car' video emerges in Russia
12-6-2019
Footage showing a car being pursued by an unknown creature has been doing the rounds on social media.
Banana duct-taped to a wall sells for $120,000
12-6-2019
Modern art connoisseurs have taken to a rather tongue-in-cheek exhibit at a Miami Beach art festival this week.
Quantum physicist describes alien encounter
12-6-2019
Quantum computing expert Deep Prasad has come forward with a rather extraordinary story.
Planet found orbiting white dwarf in world first
12-5-2019
Astronomers have discovered a huge planet orbiting the burnt-out husk of a star that was once like the Sun.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia