Saturday, February 27, 2021
  Bizarre

Arachnophobe finds a live spider in his ear

Posted on Sunday, 13 October, 2019 | Comment icon 15 comments

A spider is the last thing you want crawling up your ear canal. Image Credit: Javier Zubiri / FreeImages.com
When Liam Gomez felt a peculiar sensation in his ear, it signalled the beginning of his worst nightmare.
The 27-year-old, who hails from Kent, England, recently awoke to discover that he had developed earache and vertigo, prompting him to call in sick for work.

He tried putting olive oil in his ear as a home remedy and went back to sleep, but when he awoke again some hours later he could feel a strange scratching and tickling inside his ear canal.

Perplexed, he used a cotton bud to try and dislodge whatever was causing it.
When a piece of spider fell out, he couldn't quite believe what he was seeing.

"My initial reaction was just to get the bloody thing out of me as fast as possible - I was obviously revolted as I hate spiders," he said.

Fortunately he was able to remove the entire spider using a bobby bin and cotton swab.

He has since taken to sleeping with a pair of earmuffs on.

Source: Live Science | Comments (15)

Tags: Spider

Comment icon #6 Posted by Piney on 13 October, 2019, 20:33
I figured you would go through a few thousand after seeing the OP so I thought I'd help.
Comment icon #7 Posted by ChrLzs on 13 October, 2019, 22:25
You guys do realise that no matter how well-scrubbed and hygienic that you think you are, you are host to (up to) millions of live organisms and parasites... Have a good sleep..
Comment icon #8 Posted by Jodie.Lynne on 13 October, 2019, 23:29
They don't bother me, because I can't see them. However, 8 legged invaders from another world, with evil intent to overthrown humanity, are an entirely different matter!
Comment icon #9 Posted by AllPossible on 14 October, 2019, 4:54
Lmao wow I definitely would of had a full blown heart attack. I hate spiders but finding out that 1 was in my ear trying to build a home would scare the hell out of me.
Comment icon #10 Posted by the13bats on 14 October, 2019, 8:17
I knew of an elderly lady who had a full nest of spiders in her hair near her scalp, she would get a roller set every Monday and the hair dresser discovered it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by zygote_myles on 14 October, 2019, 10:40
Unfortunately, this poor old spider picked the wrong spot to kip down for the night. Poor thing. Never mind.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 15 October, 2019, 21:01
Where is Delbert when you need him
Comment icon #13 Posted by highdesert50 on 15 October, 2019, 21:51
Begin with arachnophobia and end with PTSD. Bug-ger that!
Comment icon #14 Posted by Matt221 on 17 October, 2019, 16:37
Comment icon #15 Posted by kel_kel on 24 October, 2019, 4:42
Soo creepy, but at least it wasn't a wasp

Gargantuan moth is larger than woman's hand
2-27-2021
A woman in Australia recently captured photographs of a moth so huge that it exceeded the size of her hand.
Gulf Stream is weakest it's been in 1,000 years
2-26-2021
Scientists believe that a slowdown in ocean currents could bring about colder and more extreme weather.
Ghostly figure caught on film in old building
2-26-2021
A pair of urban explorers managed to capture an anomalous figure in an old abandoned care home.
Man kidnaps himself to get out of going to work
2-25-2021
A 19-year-old man from Arizona recently came up with a completely ridiculous plan to get the day off work.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball