Thursday, November 21, 2019

Arachnophobe finds a live spider in his ear

Posted on Sunday, 13 October, 2019 | Comment icon 15 comments

A spider is the last thing you want crawling up your ear canal. Image Credit: Javier Zubiri / FreeImages.com
When Liam Gomez felt a peculiar sensation in his ear, it signalled the beginning of his worst nightmare.
The 27-year-old, who hails from Kent, England, recently awoke to discover that he had developed earache and vertigo, prompting him to call in sick for work.

He tried putting olive oil in his ear as a home remedy and went back to sleep, but when he awoke again some hours later he could feel a strange scratching and tickling inside his ear canal.

Perplexed, he used a cotton bud to try and dislodge whatever was causing it.
When a piece of spider fell out, he couldn't quite believe what he was seeing.

"My initial reaction was just to get the bloody thing out of me as fast as possible - I was obviously revolted as I hate spiders," he said.

Fortunately he was able to remove the entire spider using a bobby bin and cotton swab.

He has since taken to sleeping with a pair of earmuffs on.

Source: Live Science | Comments (15)

Tags: Spider

Comment icon #6 Posted by Piney on 13 October, 2019, 20:33
I figured you would go through a few thousand after seeing the OP so I thought I'd help.
Comment icon #7 Posted by ChrLzs on 13 October, 2019, 22:25
You guys do realise that no matter how well-scrubbed and hygienic that you think you are, you are host to (up to) millions of live organisms and parasites... Have a good sleep..
Comment icon #8 Posted by Jodie.Lynne on 13 October, 2019, 23:29
They don't bother me, because I can't see them. However, 8 legged invaders from another world, with evil intent to overthrown humanity, are an entirely different matter!
Comment icon #9 Posted by AllPossible on 14 October, 2019, 4:54
Lmao wow I definitely would of had a full blown heart attack. I hate spiders but finding out that 1 was in my ear trying to build a home would scare the hell out of me.
Comment icon #10 Posted by the13bats on 14 October, 2019, 8:17
I knew of an elderly lady who had a full nest of spiders in her hair near her scalp, she would get a roller set every Monday and the hair dresser discovered it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by zygote_myles on 14 October, 2019, 10:40
Unfortunately, this poor old spider picked the wrong spot to kip down for the night. Poor thing. Never mind.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 15 October, 2019, 21:01
Where is Delbert when you need him
Comment icon #13 Posted by highdesert50 on 15 October, 2019, 21:51
Begin with arachnophobia and end with PTSD. Bug-ger that!
Comment icon #14 Posted by Matt221 on 17 October, 2019, 16:37
Comment icon #15 Posted by kel_kel on 24 October, 2019, 4:42
Soo creepy, but at least it wasn't a wasp

Flat Earth conspiracy is continuing to spread
11-20-2019
Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, more and more people now believe that the Earth is flat.
Can you survive with half your brain removed?
11-20-2019
A new study has revealed the remarkable ability of the human brain to adapt even when half of it is missing.
SETI Institute celebrates 35 years of hunting ET
11-20-2019
The research organization is today celebrating 35 years of searching for signs of extraterrestrial intelligence.
Photos show 'insects' on Mars, claims scientist
11-19-2019
A professor emeritus at Ohio University claims that photos taken on Mars show actual live alien 'insects'.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia