Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Revisited: Ronnie James Dio's UFO encounter

Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 | Comment icon 13 comments

Dio was adamant that he'd seen something extraordinary. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Adam Bielawski
The late heavy metal singer-songwriter had his own experience with a UFO at his house in New Canaan.
One of the most interesting celebrity UFO encounters to have emerged over the years is that of Ronnie James Dio - a heavy metal veteran who popularized the sign of the horns hand gesture.

Although Rio died back in 2010, he previously spoke about his experience during an interview.

The encounter happened while he and his wife Wendy were unpacking shortly after moving to New Canaan, Connecticut in 1978. Dio had caught sight of an unusually bright 'Moon' outside the window.

"When I looked a few minutes later it was bigger, then it was bigger and bigger and coming closer and closer and closer," he recalled. "I thought, oh my god; this is it, the big one! I was so excited."

As he watched, he noticed a car driving down a road on a hill in the distance.
"As this car was coming down, it was just about to intersect with this light," he said. "I thought it's going to take this car away; this car is going to shoot up into whatever this thing may be. I had bated breath."

"The car got to this intersection point, and suddenly it went out. But it didn't go out as though you would take a flame and blow the flame out where there is an afterglow."

"It was as if someone had taken a black curtain and gone 'whoosh' and off it went."

"I thought now I know that was the presence of a UFO and we were blown away. The next day in the newspaper 20-45 people saw the same thing and then heard a large explosion with light after it."

"So it wasn't just me, and I KNOW it was that. I mean, I am absolutely positive that it was that."

Source: Metal Injection | Comments (13)

Tags: UFO, Ronnie James Dio

Comment icon #4 Posted by XenoFish on 15 October, 2019, 12:06
I want to say something, but I can not disrespect the Lord of Metal.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Piney on 15 October, 2019, 12:41
He was better than Ozzy in Sabbath and Blackmore's Rainbow was a awesome band.  Actually in Sabbath, Tony Martin and him were both equals.
Comment icon #6 Posted by ITSAGGGGHOST on 15 October, 2019, 16:23
Black Sabbath wasn’t Black Sabbath without Ozzy.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Vaz on 15 October, 2019, 16:53
Interesting to track some of the witnesses.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 16 October, 2019, 4:31
RIP Ronnie
Comment icon #9 Posted by the13bats on 16 October, 2019, 8:58
Made me go listen to reznor covering supernaught...
Comment icon #10 Posted by Mantis914 on 18 October, 2019, 17:23
This puts new meaning to Stargazer... I've never heard this story about him!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Piney on 18 October, 2019, 17:58
Is one of his greatest songs ever and Ritchie Blackmore on guitar made it all the more better.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Mantis914 on 18 October, 2019, 18:06
I can't give you enough likes for that comment!
Comment icon #13 Posted by GalacticWarrior on 25 October, 2019, 23:06
Awesome! RIP Ronnie James Dio!

Scientists discover animal that doesn't breathe
2-25-2020
For the first time ever, researchers have identified an animal that does not need to breathe oxygen to survive.
French rock inscription mystery finally solved
2-25-2020
A village in France had been offering a reward to anyone who could decipher a strange 230-year-old message.
Man discovers 'Voodoo doll' with human teeth
2-25-2020
A beachgoer in Cape Canaveral, Florida recently came across a rather disturbing object washed up on the sand.
Oxygen found half a billion light years away
2-24-2020
For the first time ever, scientists have discovered evidence of molecular oxygen in a distant galaxy.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan