Saturday, December 5, 2020

Revisited: Ronnie James Dio's UFO encounter

Posted on Tuesday, 15 October, 2019 | Comment icon 13 comments

Dio was adamant that he'd seen something extraordinary. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Adam Bielawski
The late heavy metal singer-songwriter had his own experience with a UFO at his house in New Canaan.
One of the most interesting celebrity UFO encounters to have emerged over the years is that of Ronnie James Dio - a heavy metal veteran who popularized the sign of the horns hand gesture.

Although Rio died back in 2010, he previously spoke about his experience during an interview.

The encounter happened while he and his wife Wendy were unpacking shortly after moving to New Canaan, Connecticut in 1978. Dio had caught sight of an unusually bright 'Moon' outside the window.

"When I looked a few minutes later it was bigger, then it was bigger and bigger and coming closer and closer and closer," he recalled. "I thought, oh my god; this is it, the big one! I was so excited."

As he watched, he noticed a car driving down a road on a hill in the distance.
"As this car was coming down, it was just about to intersect with this light," he said. "I thought it's going to take this car away; this car is going to shoot up into whatever this thing may be. I had bated breath."

"The car got to this intersection point, and suddenly it went out. But it didn't go out as though you would take a flame and blow the flame out where there is an afterglow."

"It was as if someone had taken a black curtain and gone 'whoosh' and off it went."

"I thought now I know that was the presence of a UFO and we were blown away. The next day in the newspaper 20-45 people saw the same thing and then heard a large explosion with light after it."

"So it wasn't just me, and I KNOW it was that. I mean, I am absolutely positive that it was that."

Source: Metal Injection | Comments (13)

Tags: UFO, Ronnie James Dio

Comment icon #4 Posted by XenoFish on 15 October, 2019, 12:06
I want to say something, but I can not disrespect the Lord of Metal.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Piney on 15 October, 2019, 12:41
He was better than Ozzy in Sabbath and Blackmore's Rainbow was a awesome band.  Actually in Sabbath, Tony Martin and him were both equals.
Comment icon #6 Posted by ITSAGGGGHOST on 15 October, 2019, 16:23
Black Sabbath wasn’t Black Sabbath without Ozzy.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Vaz on 15 October, 2019, 16:53
Interesting to track some of the witnesses.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 16 October, 2019, 4:31
RIP Ronnie
Comment icon #9 Posted by the13bats on 16 October, 2019, 8:58
Made me go listen to reznor covering supernaught...
Comment icon #10 Posted by Mantis914 on 18 October, 2019, 17:23
This puts new meaning to Stargazer... I've never heard this story about him!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Piney on 18 October, 2019, 17:58
Is one of his greatest songs ever and Ritchie Blackmore on guitar made it all the more better.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Mantis914 on 18 October, 2019, 18:06
I can't give you enough likes for that comment!
Comment icon #13 Posted by GalacticWarrior on 25 October, 2019, 23:06
Awesome! RIP Ronnie James Dio!

Leaked Pentagon UFO photograph emerges
12-4-2020
An intriguing image of a mysterious silver object hovering motionless in the sky has been published online.
'Adolf Hitler' wins local election in Namibia
12-4-2020
A local election candidate with a rather unfortunate name won 85% of the vote in the town of Ompundja.
A third monolith has shown up in California
12-3-2020
The ongoing mystery of the metallic monoliths appearing around the world is showing no signs of slowing down.
Lottery probed after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are drawn
12-3-2020
South Africa's national lottery has come under scrutiny after a perfect progression of numbers was drawn.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball