Friday, December 6, 2019

Creepy 'haunted doll' sells on eBay for $5,600

Posted on Tuesday, 29 October, 2019 | Comment icon 22 comments

Would you buy this for any amount of money ? Image Credit: eBay / terris145
Some people are willing to spend extraordinary amounts of money for objects that they believe to be haunted.
It is possible to find just about anything on eBay and objects with a paranormal past are no exception.

In recent years the practice of buying and selling 'haunted' objects such as dolls, teddy bears, items of furniture and other spooky accessories has been proving remarkably popular.

Most are accompanied by tales of curses, occult practices and paranormal phenomena.

The price that some of these objects can sell for is a mystery in of itself - just recently a supposedly haunted doll with 'paranormal power' sold for an eye-watering $5,600 after 15 bids.

"Anna is not a toy to play with if you know what I mean," the seller wrote. "This one came from an estate sale here in Kentucky ,and I was told that there was a 94 year-old woman that lived here at this estate sale and that she had passed away. They also told me that she was into some kind of Wicca witchcraft and from looking at all the spooky things in the home I was sure she was very much into it."

"I am sure that the spirit that has attached herself to this vessel is from the early 1800s."
Another item - a 'vintage haunted plush teddy bear' - recently received bids of up to $560.

"This bear was found in the closet of an elderly woman's home," the listing reads. "She has no children or close family. She has no idea where this came from or how it got there."

Other similar items on sale on the popular auction site include a 'paranormal clown', a pile of 'haunted bones' and even samples of 'demon ash' alleged to be left over from a 'spirit summoning'.

Given the sums of money involved, it stands to reason that many listings of this nature have been put together for the purpose of making a quick buck.

It is unclear how many of them are from people who genuinely believe the items to be paranormal.

Whatever your personal beliefs might be, it would certainly be worth thinking twice before dropping money on anything 'haunted' on eBay, especially at this time of the year.

Source: New York Times | Comments (22)

Tags: Haunted, Doll, eBay

Comment icon #13 Posted by Matt221 on 29 October, 2019, 10:37
We sold a tiny little musical jewellery box on e bay it had a little tiny doll that danced to a tune when the lid was opened, a week or so later my wife got an email saying the tiny weeny little doll was coming alive at night and causing havoc in the blokes house and the box was an evil thing and he should be compensated so we emailed him said send the box back and he could have his money back, he couldn't do that as he'd accidently sold it  ..... what a prick he was how do you accidently sell somthing and probley at a profit .
Comment icon #14 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 29 October, 2019, 10:44
Whoops I accidentally sold it for 50% more than I originally bought it for.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Matt221 on 29 October, 2019, 16:50
It attacked his wife .... it obviously wasn't in attack mode when those photos were taken
Comment icon #16 Posted by Piney on 29 October, 2019, 16:51
It's certainly a assault on the eyeballs.
Comment icon #17 Posted by freetoroam on 29 October, 2019, 18:09
I knew it!  You are papaG's daddy.
Comment icon #18 Posted by freetoroam on 29 October, 2019, 18:11
It choked his wife,  he says.  Serves her right for trying to eat the box!
Comment icon #19 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 29 October, 2019, 18:13
Ssshh don't tell anyone. It's why I challenge him alot, it's just a masquerade.
Comment icon #20 Posted by freetoroam on 29 October, 2019, 18:18
PapaG senior,  I am holding you fully responsible.
Comment icon #21 Posted by freetoroam on 29 October, 2019, 18:22
Comment icon #22 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 29 October, 2019, 19:33
I've been looking for a new appropriate avatar since you said this.

Planet found orbiting white dwarf in world first
12-5-2019
Astronomers have discovered a huge planet orbiting the burnt-out husk of a star that was once like the Sun.
Can your dreams predict a person's death ?
12-5-2019
A 25-year study has looked into the correlation between precognitive death dreams and a person actually dying.
Navy officer saw 'two-mile-wide UFO' over base
12-5-2019
Lee Adams, who once served aboard the USS Nimitz, recalls witnessing a huge object over a base in Virginia.
NASA reveals Parker Solar Probe discoveries
12-4-2019
The groundbreaking solar probe has sent back its first observations from the edge of the Sun's atmosphere.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia